Official Macworld Thread

Listening.. well.. reading it now on an IRC channel with live updates from the Keynote. Its underway!

which irc channel/server -- got there too slow eh?

I suppose having macworld not long after the ms expo is they saw the embarresment for Bill when his pc crashed and brought along backups.

A demonstration of Tiger Mail's new capabilities drew applause from the crowd, when Jobs showed a new feature that allows users to view attached photos instantly as a slideshow and easily export to iPhoto using an on-screen icon. Mail appears to have much faster search capabilities, along with smart mailboxes, which provide you with instant search results.
The centerpiece of QuickTime 7, which will debut with Tiger, is the new H.264 video codec -- a scalable, high-quality technology that scales from cell phones to high definition video. H.264 will be used in both competing high definition DVD video formats -- HD DVD and Blu-Ray.

Macworld

i like macrumors.com's coverage, extremly quick :)

Anyone know if you will be able to download the QT stream from apple's site and watch the keynote offline...

Also, watch CNBC (or maybe's it MSNBC!) at 4pm today, for I believe a Steve Jobs interview...

9:23: Steve has a bug. Tiger just froze up and he had to switch to a new computer. (similar problem happened with Microsoft at CSS (CES) next (last) week.)

lol

585273730[/snapback]

Not really, as was explained the MCE machine failed to display the pics cause of the infrared controller not reaching the port not cause the machine froze up/crashed ;)

could someone tell me a logical reason why apple stock is going down down down?

also, after apple's impressive show of their dashboard widgets, say bye bye to konfabulator :). I say if Konfabulator wants to salvage any part of their business, they make it really cheap for windows.

Not really, as was explained the MCE machine failed to display the pics cause of the infrared controller not reaching the port not cause the machine froze up/crashed ;)

585273826[/snapback]

Same difference ;) and didn't Forza Motorsport blue screen on whoever was demoing the multi screen capability?

the car game Blue screened yup it ran out of memory according to the on screen error, and also when they used the second xbox to start playing conan's split screen fell to about 3 FPS about half way through lol no one commented on it though..

585273826[/snapback]

is that what really happened? Well this kind of high profile companies, it's a shame to me nonetheless. They could have tested the equipment beforehand to ensure it is working. As for bugs, only that we can't really predict.

is that what really happened? Well this kind of high profile companies, it's a shame to me nonetheless. They could have tested the equipment beforehand to ensure it is working. As for bugs, only that we can't really predict.

585273862[/snapback]

I would speculate that these systems are tested before the show. But you can't expect it to work perfect every time.

585273862[/snapback]

It worked fine when they tested it, however the chairs were moved back a few feet causing them to be out of range of the infrared controller

iLife '05 features major upgrades for each application. iPhoto features project folders subfolders. Calendar view to search for things by day/month/year. Supports MPEG-4 movies. New iPhoto supports RAW, a feature found in high-end digital cameras. New editing tools, including quick thumbnail view of photos in library. Integrated with Dashboard for quick, easy editing of both JPEG and RAW photos. Jobs offers demo
Final Cut Expres HD video editing suite introduced...adds LiveType for animated tiling. Sountrack for custom music. Seamlessly integrates with iMovie files and Motion. Priced at $299. Available in February. $99 upgrade from Final Cut Express [strangely no audience reaction

It worked fine when they tested it, however the chairs were moved back a few feet causing them to be out of range of the infrared controller

585273874[/snapback]

Yer and everyone knows Bill Gates is to rich to pop open the back and rub the batterys :laugh:

I would speculate that these systems are tested before the show. But you can't expect it to work perfect every time.

585273867[/snapback]

I agree, but do re-read what creamhackered posted

585273826[/snapback]

It was because the infrared controller not reaching the machine port. Well that's pretty stupid mistake if you ask me. If the hardware failed for no apparent reason, well that's nothing can be done. But the infrared not reaching? :wacko:

585273874[/snapback]

Ok, that's acceptable. But still, they should be well aware, what's the maximum distance for the infrared controller.

Where did you get this information btw? I saw the CES video. The chair was practically at the stage front edge.

p/s I'm have nothing against Microsoft. Just thought it was really shameful if the infrared not reaching the machine being the cause. Hardware failures or bugs are out of human prediction and control most of the time, infrared distance? :unsure:

Cutting the price for ordering photos down to 19 cents per photo. The books really are much better than the old versions. I think this feature will really take off now. He?s showing a baby?s first book now.

new offerings

Hardcover: 11x8.5

softcover 11X8.5

softcover 8x6

Pocket book 3.5x2.5

20 pages minimum $29.99 for 20 pages

the other prices went by too fast.

I agree, but do re-read what creamhackered posted

It was because the infrared controller not reaching the machine port. Well that's pretty stupid mistake if you ask me. If the hardware failed for no apparent reason, well that's nothing can be done. But the infrared not reaching?  :wacko:

Ok, that's acceptable. But still, they should be well aware, what's the maximum distance for the infrared controller.

Where did you get this information btw? I saw the CES video. The chair was practically at the stage edge.

585273883[/snapback]

some guy who was there wrote it in his blog. He watched them moving chairs around and that was his speculation about why it worked fine before the chairs were moved and why it froze after