Official Macworld Thread

iWork; I never use anything like that so it doesn't mean much to me. But Apple need more things in it - spreadsheets, database, web page creator - something like "Office by Mac" that would give MS something to worry about.

585278811[/snapback]

Office for Mac really only has one advantage over iWork right now, and that's a Spreadsheet application. Office 2004 doesn't have a database app and doesn't have a web page creator. And while a spreadsheet app might be handy, it's really not needed currently. After all, Pages totally blows away Word and Keynote 2 is much, much better than PowerPoint.

Panacea, here are a few answers to your statements.

1. Why would you need to find your song? It's called iPod shuffle and not iPod flash for a reason.

2. You can buy a USB power adapter that allows you to plug in the iPod shuffle directly into a charger, and plug that charger into the wall.

Edited by jagedEdge

Since it operates on two AAA batteries, it's not too big of a deal. You can always change the battery.

By the way, did anyone notice that after comparing the size of the iPod Shuffle in the following picture:

http://images.apple.com/ipodshuffle/images...gum20050111.jpg

Apple actually says "Do not eat iPod shuffle." at the bottom of the page?  :D

585276951[/snapback]

The external battery pack ADDS 20 hours to the shuffle's 12 hours.

And YES the extender pack holds AAA batteries that you can change on the fly. And it ships with 2 AAAs.

Office for Mac really only has one advantage over iWork right now, and that's a Spreadsheet application. Office 2004 doesn't have a database app and doesn't have a web page creator. And while a spreadsheet app might be handy, it's really not needed currently. After all, Pages totally blows away Word and Keynote 2 is much, much better than PowerPoint.

585279130[/snapback]

Ehm, how would you know Pages blows away Word without using it?

I know Pages can do charts....so does it mean it can do what Word can't do in its "standard" tables, which is have some sort of functionality for adding and subtracting the values inside the cells?

E.g: C1 = $229 C2= 345, C1+C2

??

is there a bittorrent client program available for mac osx platform > :p

i'm definatly gonna get one of these.. most likely the 1.4ghz.. does it take standard ddr memory as a pc- cus i've got a 512 corsair stick lying around.. :D

and could someone post a "working" link to the keynote speech high res.. thanks.. :yes:

is there a bittorrent client program available for mac osx platform > :p

585283239[/snapback]

Yes. Try Azureus or Tomato. ;)

i'm definatly gonna get one of these.. most likely the 1.4ghz.. does it take standard ddr memory as a pc- cus i've got a 512 corsair stick lying around.. :D

585283239[/snapback]

Yes, the same memory as PC. PC2700 :)

and could someone post a "working" link to the keynote speech high res.. thanks.. :yes:

585283239[/snapback]

I've been looking for that as well. I dont want to watch the streaming one from Apple, freezes every 2-3 minutes. Would appreciate if someone helped us out here. :p

When I first heard of the ipod shuffle I hated the idea. Then when I found out you could listen to it in straight mode it kind of grew on me but I still didn?t like the lack of screen or click wheel. Now it?s growing on me even more since I?m thinking about the way I listen to music. I typically only have one playlist in itunes with about 40 tracks on it. I usually swap out a few and add a few over time. Then I burn CD?s. So I have a lot of unlabeled CD?s with the same songs on them where only a couple tracks are different. This would solve that problem. The price and size are also nice. Though I would prefer a larger ipod I have to admit that leaving this one in my coat pocket next to my cell phone would be much easier.

The mac mini is also looking really cool and that's the piece of rumored hardware I was really looking forward to. I will also get it as my first mac. But probably not till later this year when I have a spare $600 -$700. I've got to get mine with the 1.4 G4 and superdrive. I'm so glad apple allows you to add those things. It will probably end up replacing my PC for the most part. I'm really excited about the fact that it will be quiet and free up a lot of deskspace for me.

I'm also excited about using iLife. I can make use of all those things and they look really easy and fun to use.

As for iWork, I don't have any use for keynote but pages looks really cool. I just hope other people can build and give away templates over the internet for use with it.

Pages is awesome... I have dumped Word without a thought

I havent played with Keynote 2 yet but it looks much the same.

iLife 05 is killer as well. Very well done. I haven't played with all the programs yet but iPhoto has the changes that i think it needed.

I am selling my eMac on eBay (heh, has a ring to it) to get one of these beautiful Mac Minis! I love the cube design, but this is awesome too.. I wish you could get it in colors. I'd get a pink one to match the iPod mini :-)