Your First Car

How stupid of you. Since when Mustang drivers are <Snipped>? Care to explain your wisdom on the subject?

Since my first car back in 1996 was a Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, I guess your first car is pretty hot! Nice Mustang at 18.

Thanks man. I've waited 2 years to get my license (only on a learners permit still) and to get a car. It sucks being 18 and still having to rely on your mom to take you places. Once I get this car I'll finally get my real license and get a job to pay for it.

Edited by Anaron

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>What was the first car you ever driven?</span>

My first car

Black Nissan Pulsar 1984

pros

Cheap on Gas

Small and mobile

Fast

cons

Had to replace the boots, muffler, brake pads, tires

No A/C

Current Status

Long gone, have a 98 Mazda 626 V6 LX, Runs great to this day, low milage.

How stupid of you. Since when Mustang drivers are <Snipped>? Care to explain your wisdom on the subject?
Have you seen the majority (like 95%+) of mustang drivers? They are all <Snipped> types. I wasnt calling that guy a <Snipped>. I like the car (well older models), but I hate the drivers...and not jealous or anything Edited by Anaron

Have you seen the majority (like 95%+) of mustang drivers? They are all <Snipped>g types. I wasnt calling that guy a <Snipped>. I like the car (well older models), but I hate the drivers...and not jealous or anything

I'm just going to say this: Almost all drivers are <Snipped>, they all believe they own the road. I'm not just saying this because I'm an owner of a Mustang. I'm saying that since it speaks the truth. I guess I should call all BMW drivers <Snipped> too because of that. See my point?

Edited by Anaron

• 1 month later...

I bought a 1972 Datsun 510 new for $2700 when I got out of college. It was a great car, AKA "poor man's BMW". In 1981 I replaced the original 1.6L engine with the Datsun/Nissan L18 SSS 1.8L sport engine. That came with dual SU carbs like the 240Z. I had a custom cam made, shaved the head to raise the c/r, ported the intakes, and added a water-alcohol injection system from Edelbrock. That thing would kick.

I found a fuel injection intake manifold, but I never got around to rigging it up. I sold the car for $1000 in 1990 to a kid who wanted to restore it. I still miss it.

• 1 month later...

My first car is a 1998 Citroen Saxo SX 1.1i in Cherry Red

Pros:

Pretty good fuel efficiency

Its the SX so it has electric windows and central locking

Cons:

Head gasket is a bit leaky

93k miles

Could be faster

THAT BLOODY IMMOBILISER!

Mods:

Aftermarket radio

Amp + Sub

I still haven't got a car yet, but it looks like the first car I'll have driven will be a 2009 (59) Citroen C3 Picasso.

Citroen-C3_Picasso_2009_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

It's our new family car (we got it last Tuesday), and my dad's already given it a good runaround. He's already done about 500 miles in it so far, mostly due to taking me up to Thorpe Park for the Need for Speed Shift UK Finals. Did about 400 miles just from Friday and Saturday. :p

I still haven't got a car yet, but it looks like the first car I'll have driven will be a 2009 (59) Citroen C3 Picasso.

Citroen-C3_Picasso_2009_800x600_wallpaper_04.jpg

It's our new family car (we got it last Tuesday), and my dad's already given it a good runaround. He's already done about 500 miles in it so far, mostly due to taking me up to Thorpe Park for the Need for Speed Shift UK Finals. Did about 400 miles just from Friday and Saturday. :p

you should remove the pic...

I wasnt paying attention at first and relized that was a corvette lol

you should remove the pic...

I wasnt paying attention at first and relized that was a corvette lol

FFS. When I first posted it, it came up fine.

And worst of all, I can't edit the original post. OK, I'll upload the pic:

post-151617-1254625039_thumb.jpg

1972 Chevy Impala. Had to share it with my brother. My senior year i bought a `74 Olds Delta 88 4 door. We called it the banana boat because of the color. Solid car... my younger brother hit a Maverick with it and totaled the Ford. Little damage to the Olds.

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Bought it for $2900 in 2004, peeling tint and balding tires. 112,000 miles.

Drove for 3 years. I put a few listings up around on autotrader and ebay and right after it didn't sell the first round, i got dominated at a stoplight.

Not at my own fault, but we lost money on the insurance. KBB valued the car with 155,000 miles for $1900, I had it listed for $3999(~140,000 miles).

Anyway, i got a 1997 Toyota Tacoma V6 manual 5spd 4WD for a few years, then sold it for $7000 (bought for $4200) and now i'm rolling in a 2005 Honda Civic EX coupe($12,000 - 33,000 miles). next car is definitely going to be 2009 honda accord, i'm a junior at university now so hopefully once i graduate.

post-46003-1254876933_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

1997 Lexus ES300

Borrowing from my parents

Pros

fast v6

can get 30mpg on freeway

Cons

gets 15mpg or less on streets

Has 200k miles

It uses premium gas

Radio lcd is dead

I get a lot of people complaining that I Shouldn't drive a Lexus at 17,

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a 1991 Subaru Liberty GX, auto, ($3000) but the second time I took it out we heard a rattling noise coming from under the car, turned out the oil pump broke and the car yard wouldn't refund out money, they only gave us credit at their yard.

So I now drive a 1998 Mazda 323 Astina. ($6,500)