img0027rx7.jpg

To this...

img0033bw7.jpg

To this Elite...

img0361uj2.jpg

img0364hp3.jpg

img0369rm8.jpg

img3771cg2.jpg

well...to be fair it really wasn't from "this" to "that". When I moved here I sold my 210 pound Sony Triniton to the movers and used my 32inch until my PDP-111FD arrived. Also was looking for a stand while waiting for the 111FD and when I found one I put the little Samsung on there. The Samsung has been moved back to the bedroom where it had been.

Setup:

Pioneer Elite PDP-111FD

Pioneer Elite BDP-05FD

Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX

Athena Audition Series speakers (forgot all the model numbers and too lazy to look them up).

Have had the receiver and speakers for about 6 years now...still sound outstanding. Just glad that there is such a thing as internal decoding over analog for the Blu Ray so I didn't have to upgrade that.

Still trying to figure out wire management.

*sigh*

jjkusa those speakers are rediculously huge, nice setup for home theatre there, love to watch movie on that except i would proberly prefer 5.1 or 7.1 around room for movies just like the way you get the effects of helicopters flying past etc.!

jjkusa those speakers are rediculously huge, nice setup for home theatre there, love to watch movie on that except i would proberly prefer 5.1 or 7.1 around room for movies just like the way you get the effects of helicopters flying past etc.!

I have a pair of the audition speakers as my left/right surrounds. Smaller bookshelf. I also have two other smaller Audition series for whenever the time comes that I can have 7.1

It does sound very good...and I have not had one complaint yet...after 6 years of having the same audio setup. :)

• 1 month later...
Bah, to much green and not enough movie posters. :p

Where are the Ref. pieces you speak of? All I see are Synergies.

Actually I just sold a few days ago the Reference ones as I want to upgrade to XF-48s. Synergies are older I still had, but still very good until I get like another $3k for XFs. I was floored when they demonstrated them to me 2 weeks ago.

400x400.aspx

Actually I just sold a few days ago the Reference ones as I want to upgrade to XF-48s. Synergies are older I still had, but still very good until I get like another $3k for XFs. I was floored when they demonstrated them to me 2 weeks ago.

400x400.aspx

Still doesn't answer my question LOL

What were you originally using in the Ref lineup, and what are you powering them with?

Still doesn't answer my question LOL

What were you originally using in the Ref lineup, and what are you powering them with?

Not sure what you mean.. You asked me what happened to the Ref. speakers I was mentioning in my responses and I answered.

As for what model of Ref. ones, I was using RF-5s + RC-3 center with Denon 2308ci, while Synergy ones were on Denon 1906.

Now, since RFs went, I plugged Synergy ones to 2908ci until I get XF-48s.

RF-5 are not bad, and are very capable, however the weak link in your system would have been the RC-3; it isn't voice matched to the towers, and very muffled in comparison.

Regardless, cheers on future upgrading.

• 2 months later...
What's the diff between 1.3 and 1.3a? Also, do HDMI cables transmit sound too?

Really appreciate the help mystic

Q. What is the difference between HDMI 1.3 and HDMI 1.3a, or 1.3b?

For consumers, there is no difference between HDMI version 1.3 and 1.3a or 1.3b. These minor revisions to the specification typically relate to manufacturing or testing issues and do not impact features or functionality. In addition, HDMI Licensing, LLC is actively working with manufacturers to reduce confusion for consumers by de-emphasizing version numbers and focusing instead on product features and functionality.

For Adopters, the latest HDMI Specification is v1.3a and the latest HDMI Compliance Test Specification (CTS) is 1.3c.

HDMI

Yes they do transmit sound as well.