GTA3 online or not?

damn...guess not...

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/...2865693,00.html

"Rockstar Games dropped by the GameSpot offices with a 'near-final build' of its upcoming game, Grand Theft Auto III. For those unfamiliar with the game's roots, the game was released last year on the PlayStation 2 to almost universal acclaim. The game's open-ended design, matched with a mature storyline that never resorted to shock tactics, resulted in a fun, refreshing game that pulled no punches."-gamespot.com

nearly final build......still a chance of multi-player....but very small

Multiplayer is confirmed as dropped.

I've preordered my copy already. Shame about no multiplayer, but if it means better single player, it's worth it. Hopefully they will release a cheap addon for multiplayer.

This may sound strange, but I'd be happy with a multiplayer that is basically like the single player. You go around, talking to computer characters, taking jobs. Each person on the LAN does this and they each try to build up a better rep and bank account even if they never see each other (of course, trying to snipe the other guy from a roof top would rule too ). It could even be possible to never see each other and only know the other person exists by him/her grabbing good jobs before you.

Basically take the current single player world. Add another playable character. Apart from that, keep everything the same. They said multiplayer was dumped because they couldn't think of anything revolutionary. This would be exactly as revolutionary as the single player.

Any one agree?

Hmm, well yeah that idea would rule Quboid, but they should add a few missions in there where you will meet the other and cooperate/fight each other. :devious: