The Hotfix Depot

Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB903235)

Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a computer running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your computer by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

• 2 weeks later...

Refering to the list that was posted with the July 2005 release of AutoPatcher (over here... https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?categor...ware&id=29459) I came across the following problems:

Critical Updates

All of the following current patches for XP SP2 are mentioned in the list, but don't actually appear anywhere at all in the AutoPatcher release!!!!:

KB834707: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

KB867282: Cumulative Security Update for IE for XP Service Pack 2

KB890047: Security Update for Windows XP

KB890923: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

KB892944: Vulnerability in Message Queuing Could Allow Code Execution

KB884883: Security Update for Windows XP

Either these have been accidentally missed out, or maybe dropped/superceded? I think at least one has been left out by mistake though, because for example KB884883 was highlighted in blue on the list as one of the patches just added to the July release and is very recent!!!!

That's the important part, as it affects AutoPatcher rather than the list that was posted. But back to the list, these two are dupilcate entries of a third entry and can be removed:

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.4

Recommended Updates

KB886716 has been left off the list, but is in AutoPatcher.

So have the 3 other updates that gandolas mentioned in the comments section

Add-ons section

Windows Script 5.6 (only in Full) and KB886903 have also been left off the list, but are in AutoPatcher.

That's all, hope it helps in setting things right! :)

KB834707: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

KB867282: Cumulative Security Update for IE for XP Service Pack 2

KB890047: Security Update for Windows XP

KB890923: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

KB892944: Vulnerability in Message Queuing Could Allow Code Execution

KB884883: Security Update for Windows XP

Those files aren't in AutoPatcher since they were replaced by new hotfixes. They still were in the changelog, because i've forgoten to remove them. It's my fault.

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool

KB890830: Malicious Software Removal Tool v1.4

The duplicates were removed from the AutoPatcher post, but can't be removed from the news by me... I'm not allowed to do that.

KB886716

Can't edit the news... But added to changelog in the AutoPatcher post.

Windows Script 5.6 (only in Full)

They are in the changelog: look in the right place: Components! :p

Windows Script 5.6 for Windows XP (v5.6.0.8825) (only in Full)
KB886903
is Windows Installer 3.1 (v2)!

Thanks for the help... its hard to do all this thins at the same time... And the rush to release the new versions... Something is left behind.. But it can't. I must get someone to write the changelogs! :p

Those files aren't in AutoPatcher since they were replaced by new hotfixes. They still were in the changelog, because i've forgoten to remove them. It's my fault.

Cool, thanks for the reply & letting us know :)

I can understand the three Cumulative Updates for IE being replaced. And KB890047 got replaced. And KB892944 got fixed by SP2.

But I'm 99.99% sure KB884883 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884883) got missed out accidentally:

Hotfix replacement information

This hotfix is not replaced by any later hotfix.

Plus it's marked in blue as a new entry on the changelog and only came out last month - but it's not included in the AutoPatcher prog.
is Windows Installer 3.1 (v2)!
confusion!! :D actually it's the ASP.NET update for .NET 1.1 SP1. It totally doesn't matter, but the log lists .NET 1.1 SP1 (only in full) but doesn't mention the separate update (KB886903) which is included in both full and lite.
Thanks for the help
No way, thank you for all the work, appreciate it loads!! Didn't actually realise there was a separate AutoPatcher thread complete with changelog on page one - I was just going off the news page so sorry for mentioning anything you'd already found out about!!!!!!

oh and sorry for noticing stuff like this!! I just happen to be installing a couple of XP systems right now and I'm checking once and for all I got all the updates :rolleyes:

But I'm 99.99% sure KB884883 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884883) got missed out accidentally

No, it's there. :)

[AutoPatcher 5.0 Module]

[Configuration]

Name=Update for Windows XP v8 (KB884883)

Author=Microsoft

Description=When you work in a program that loads both version 5 and version 6 of the Comctl32.dll file in Microsoft Win XP, the program may stop responding, and an access violation may occur in the Comctl32.dll file.

ParentID=MS_CRITICAL

UniqueID=KB884883

URL=http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884883/en-us

Default=True

Expand=True

PicturePath=

ETA=30

NeedsRestart=True

Language=1033

TargetOS=ANY_XP_SP1,ANY_SP2

TargetIE=ANY_IE

Priority=20050617

[Detection]

RegistryKey=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Hotfix\KB884883

RegistryData=Installed

RegistryValue=1

[install With Backups]

"Module:\kb884883-enu.exe" /q /z

[install Without Backups]

"Module:\kb884883-enu.exe" /q /n /o /z

actually it's the ASP.NET update for .NET 1.1 SP1. It totally doesn't matter, but the log lists .NET 1.1 SP1 (only in full) but doesn't mention the separate update (KB886903) which is included in both full and lite.

Yes it does, in

KB886903: Security Update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

post-12507-1121518837.jpg

No, it's there.  :)

God I thought I was going mad!!! But I'm not - I just checked - it's definitely NOT there!! At least in mine anyway!!!!!! Here's a screenshot - you can see that 884883 is in your screenshot but not in mine!!!! :blink:

hmmm.gif

I took that screenshot from the Lite package. Why it doesn't show up I don't know! Using English XP SP2. Bug in AutoPatcher?! Wierd!

Yes it does, in

KB886903: Security Update for .NET Framework 1.1 SP1

Yup I was refering to changelog, not Autopatcher ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a full list of pre SP3 patches

http://www.xp-sp3.com/sp3/

901105 - Download - The Intel High Definition audio functionality unexpectedly quits working in Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

New! 895406 - All policies on a Windows XP-based computer are refreshed when you enable an IPsec policy

900930 - Download - An update that addresses Outlook Express 6.0 issues is available for Windows XP

903234 - Download - An update is available to optimize the way that the Volume Shadow Copy Service client accesses snapshots in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP

891070 - Packet-writing programs for optical media recording devices run slower than expected on Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computers

889073 - The IIS and SMTP services do not start when you deploy a Windows XP SP2 Sysprep image on your Windows XP SP2-based computer

891117 - FIX: A custom application that uses context activation stops responding in Windows XP with Service Pack 1 or Service Pack 2

893066 - MS05-019: Vulnerabilities in TCP/IP could allow remote code execution and denial of service

319740 - Download - MFC applications leak GDI objects on computers that are running Windows XP

888302 - MS05-007: Vulnerability in Windows could allow information disclosure

885222 - Download - Performance of 1394 devices may decrease after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

885884 - Download - Description of the critical update for Office XP on Windows XP Service Pack 2

887822 - Download - Some pre-Service Pack 1 (SP1) hotfixes do not migrate to the SP1 version when you update your computer to Windows XP SP1

885894 - Download - Computer stops responding when you try to install an update in Windows XP Service Pack 2

885464 - SBP-2 drive stops responding when you try to write data in Windows XP

Link Fixed! 885932 - Download - Internet Explorer stops responding or crashes, and you receive an access violation in Vgx.dll, when you view a Web page in Internet Explorer 6.0

886677 - Download - Double-byte character set (DBCS) characters may appear corrupted in Internet Explorer on Windows XP when you browse a Web site that uses Shift-JIS character encoding

Added Download! 888240 - Download - Some add-ons are not listed in the Manage Add-ons dialog box in Internet Explorer on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

889320 - When you disable the Windows Firewall service on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, the Computer Browser service stops after five minutes and Event ID 7023 is logged in the Event Viewer

888092 - Download - You may receive an error message in module Mshtml.dll and Internet Explorer quits when you run a custom Web program in Internet Explorer 6

887816 - Changes in behavior of the SysPrep and RIPREP tools after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

885887 - You cannot access network resources after you try to log on to a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

889016 - Download - You cannot obtain debug information about the resource objects of Application Verifier Stop errors in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP

884838 - You receive a "Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close." error message when two pop-up windows appear at the same time in Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

884883 - Download - Multiple versions of Comctl32.dll may cause both Windows XP style and Windows Classic style windows to appear in Windows XP

884538 - You receive a "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" error message when you run a custom Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 program in Windows XP

883517 - You do not receive the "Safe to remove hardware" message when you click the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon in Windows XP

890042 - You lose access to network resources after you resume your Windows XP-based computer from standby

887170 - You experience problems when you disconnect a single IEEE 1394 device from a computer that is running Windows XP SP2

885898 - Initialization phase of a Setup program may take longer than expected to complete in Windows XP

885885 - You cannot use infrared communications to transfer files on a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2

884575 - Battery power may be drained more quickly than expected on your Windows XP-based portable computer

888402 - Hard disk volume monitoring may stop in Windows XP

885295 - AOL file downloads may abruptly stop or AOL broadband connections may be dropped after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

889334 - File upload in Internet Explorer 6 to a Web page may time out or take longer than expected to complete in Windows XP Service Pack 2

885443 - Stop:0x00000082 occurs after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 on Windows XP

889085 - "Show only specified control panel applets" policy does not display applets that use dynamic icons in Windows XP Service Pack 2

885843 - No results are returned when you search for files or for folders over a slow network link in Windows Server 2003 or in Windows XP

885453 - PEAP authentication is not successful when you connect to a third-party RADIUS server

888404 - An Office hotfix may not install or update files

889407 - You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you open a Web page that runs a script in a frameset in Internet Explorer 6

867795 - 100 percent of your CPU usage is consumed when you run WinSNMP on a Windows XP-based computer

886809 - Live video conversations in chat sessions may be choppy after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)

888603 - Update to disable Volume Shadow Copy Service restore options on Terminal Server client computers that are running Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP

887186 - Logon process takes an unexpectedly long time to complete in Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Service Pack 2

872789 - Logging off or restarting the computer after switching users may cause Windows XP to stop responding

816045 - A fast link may be detected as a slow link because of network ICMP policies

870997 - Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients that share a single organizational unit stop responding or spontaneously restart

883483 - Only the first page of a Rich Text Format (RTF) document may preview or print in an application that uses Msftedit.dll on a Windows XP-based computer

885865 - Other computers on the network cannot connect to your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based DHCP client computer after you log on to a network that is running the DHCP Server service

870979 - "Cannot copy <filename>" error message when you use the Cut command and the Paste command to move a file or a folder from one folder to another folder in the same NetWare volume on your Windows XP-based computer

842520 - "Delayed Write Failed" error may occur after you save a file in Windows XP

840837 - Connection security may not be detected correctly in Internet Explorer 6 or Internet Explorer 5

888432 - A component that runs in the same process as the Windows Time service is stopped or is disabled unexpectedly in Windows XP

887589 - You receive a 0x0000008E Stop error message when you cancel a print job in Windows XP

885293 - Your computer may indicate that your wireless network connection is unavailable after you resume your computer from hibernation in Windows XP

870975 - Custom window settings are lost when you deploy a Windows XP image

887173 - Windows XP stops responding after your Windows XP-based computer resumes from hibernation and then you safely remove a USB floppy disk drive

884539 - The taskbar is not visible when a program window is maximized on your Windows XP Service Pack 1-based computer or on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

888083 - The "Write these files to CD" option is not available in Windows Explorer after a Group Policy setting is applied in Windows XP

884868 - 0x7E Stop error occurs after you disconnect your USB 2.0 flash storage device

873392 - If you delete or add folders in a network-shared folder, Windows Explorer does not show the change in Windows XP

884562 - Enhanced Metafiles (EMF) are slow or do not play at all in Windows XP or Windows 2000

885270 - A program that calls the DhcpRequestParams function may not work correctly on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

886659 - You may receive an access violation in Cmd.exe or in Command.com when you send command prompt output in Windows XP SP1, in Windows XP SP2, or in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

884897 - Print features, such as the watermarks feature, the n-up printing feature, and the collate feature, do not work if you print to a Novell, to an IPP, or to another partial print provider in Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003

822686 - Unusable results when you search a network location in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows XP

886199 - You cannot redirect audio to a client computer when you are running a Remote Desktop Connection in Windows XP

888622 - You cannot read data on a multisession recordable DVD after you record a new session in Windows XP

885838 - User-added trusted sites are overwritten by an automatic configuration script in Internet Explorer 6

888426 - Your USB 2.0 printer may be slow to print in Windows XP 64-bit Edition 2002 and Windows XP 64-bit Edition 2003 on an Itanium-based computer

885423 - The network provider may not function as expected on your Windows XP-based computer

889315 - Unexpected results after you remove a 1394 PC Card while your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer is on standby or in hibernation

884558 - Some performance objects and counters are not available in the System Monitor tool on your Windows XP-based computer

873407 - Slow performance when you apply Access Control Lists remotely on a DFS shared path in Windows Server 2003

888321 - A Stop 50 error may occur in Scsiport.sys when you try to add a SCSI device or a PCI storage device to a computer that is running Windows XP Service Pack 2

884862 - User authentication may take one to two minutes when you log on to the network in Windows XP

888413 - Windows XP stops responding and you receive a stop error message after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

870981 - Printer tray assignments on a print server may not transfer to the client computer when you install a network printer in Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003

888239 - The Welcome music and video do not play during the Out-Of-Box Experience Wizard after you use a Sysprep image to distribute Windows XP Service Pack 2

889527 - ICMP packets are dropped even though you have configured the Windows firewall feature to allow ICMP packets on your Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2-based computer

843518 - The host header is not updated to reflect the new port number in Internet Explorer when you redirect HTTP requests that contain a port number

887823 - Your portable computer stops responding when you try to put it on standby in Windows XP

307154 - The Default Beep sound is played instead of the Low Battery Alarm sound or the Critical Battery Alarm sound on a Windows XP-based computer

883529 - Removing a smart card immediately after you log off a Windows XP-based computer may cause the computer to stop responding

884568 - You receive a "MCI Error - All wave devices that can play files in the current format are in use" error message when you play many AVI files in Windows XP

819978 - Replication tools fail when a COM+ application proxy is installed on the source computer

884047 - The RichEdit control stores data that is not valid when you enter a surrogate pair that is not valid in the RichEdit control on computers that are running Windows XP or Windows 2000

843541 - Your computer stops responding when you use a smart card to log on to Windows XP

887535 - A user may log on successfully after a smart card certificate is revoked or after their user account is disabled in Windows XP

819575 - Access violation may occur in CoDisconnectObject

889321 - A third-party program may stop responding after you install the 884879 hotfix in Windows XP or Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

884861 - You may receive a handle message that is not valid when you render ink in an application on your Windows XP Tablet PC Edition-based computer

885863 - "SEC_E_INSUFFICIENT_MEMORY" error message when the QueryCredentialsAttributes function is called 32,527 consecutive times in Windows XP and in Windows 2000

898050 - Internet Explorer may stop responding if you click inside an HTML dialog box on a Windows XP-based computer

894075 - You receive a "The instruction at '0x7155d330' referenced memory at '0x77cc2cc0'" error message after you close Group Policy Object Editor in Windows XP

903250 - Song titles are copied to a recordable CD after you cancel a burn operation in Windows Media Player 10 on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

899527 - DVD-RW disks appear to be empty in Windows Explorer on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

896269 - You cannot rotate and save an image file in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer on a Windows XP-based computer

902066 - Some custom printer properties may be unavailable in a 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP

887820 - Running 16-bit programs are not listed in Task Manager after you install the MS04-032 security update on a Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based computer

903737 - CPU usage may reach 100 percent when you resume a computer that is running Windows XP from standby multiple times

892056 - FIX: You may receive a "Page cannot be displayed" error message when you click a hyperlink to view a Microsoft Office document in Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1

893476 - You cannot connect your IrDA compatible mobile telephone to a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

884564 - You receive a "The RPC server is unavailable" error message when you open Disk Management in Windows XP

888254 - You cannot set the Folder Redirection policy setting on a Windows XP SP2-based computer that also uses Group Policy settings to customize Internet Explorer

893056 - When you click ?Turn Off Computer? on the Start menu, the Hibernate button does not appear in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or in Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005

894543 - Network connection icons are missing from the Network Connections folder in Windows XP

894179 - FIX: You may receive a "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" error message when you try to open the Internet Options dialog box in Internet Explorer 6

892050 - A USB device that is connected to a USB 2.0 hub is not detected in Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, or Windows Server 2003 x64 versions

889673 - Hardware (DEP)-enabled computer may unexpectedly quit after you resume from standby or from hibernation in Windows XP Service Pack 2

892227 - Folder redirection does not redirect folders on Windows XP Professional-based computers

892627 - Hotfix to enable support for the Simple Boot Flag version 2.1 SUPPRESSBOOTDISPLAY flag in Windows XP Service Pack 2

892099 - "Terminal read: The handle is invalid" error message when you run the rsh command on a Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2-based computer

890546 - USB devices stop working in Windows XP Media Center Edition

894606 - "The specified network password is not correct" error message when you try to access Windows 98 shared folders from a Windows XP Service Pack 1-based computer

890953 - You receive a "The system cannot change your password now because the domain is not available" error message on a Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based computer

890837 - You are prompted to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to unlock your computer when you use a smart card to log on to your Windows XP-based computer

890946 - A Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based DHCP client does not update the subnet mask when the DHCP server sends a new subnet mask

896691 - When you restart your Windows XP-based computer, you cannot connect to your wireless network

894083 - The number of WINS transaction log files on the WINS server greatly increases after you install Microsoft Security Bulletin MS04-031 on a Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based WINS client

890629 - Download - Video problems may occur after you use the Media Center Zoom feature when you are watching video in widescreen format in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

893089 - A new 16-bit PC card is not detected when your Windows XP-based computer resumes from hibernation

895536 - How to use the End User Recovery functionality of Data Protection Manager in Windows XP

894463 - Programs that open multiple files may experience longer delays between each file opening on a Microsoft Windows XP-based computer or on a Microsoft Windows 2000-based computer

873397 - You receive an "Application Error" error message when you open a Word document in Internet Explorer

890552 - RPC over HTTP connects to a proxy server that is not valid on your Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

873445 - The Boot.ini file is not updated correctly when a new partition is inserted on a Windows XP-based computer

895322 - FIX: A custom program that uses context activation may unexpectedly stop responding on a computer that is running Windows XP with Service Pack 1

891570 - The PowerFile Changer device does not work when you connect it to your Windows XP SP2-based computer

890864 - Some idle session Group Policy settings do not work if you try to use them on a Microsoft Windows XP Professional-based computer that is in a domain environment

890644 - "Unsafe Removal of Device" error message when you resume your computer from standby while an SD media card is inserted in Windows XP

887569 - A request may return a null pointer to the IFontDisp interface when a program that uses the Windows XP SP2 version of the Atl.dll file requests access to the ambient font property

890048 - You receive a "0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG) returned by vbscript!GetTypeInfo()" error message when you try to start the VBScript engine from a C++-based program on a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

893609 - Preset connection manager credentials may not work in Windows XP

893605 - You receive an "IDS_INSTALLFAILED" error message and an access violation occurs if you configure an Outlook Express account profile on your Windows XP-based, Windows 2000-based or Windows Server 2003-based computer

892233 - The IDE magneto-optical drive is stuck in a loop when you query the drive in Windows XP

896725 - A truncated Samba server response causes an access violation in the Lsass.exe program on a Windows XP-based client computer

896684 - The input method editor status changes to full-shape mode when you switch back to the Traditional Chinese input method editor in Windows XP Service Pack 2

891019 - Images may appear as blank boxes when you view a Web archive (.mht) file in Windows XP with Service Pack 2

897327 - You cannot use the Secedit.exe command-line tool to export the local security policy settings on a stand-alone workstation that is running Microsoft Windows XP

896166 - You receive an error message if you use your user principal name to change your password in Windows XP Professional

895900 - You cannot save a file from your Windows XP-based or Windows 2000-based computer to a shared folder on a file server

894871 - When you use the System Preparation tool and the Sysprep.inf file to update drivers on a Microsoft Windows XP image, the File Signature Verification tool may report that some drivers are not digitally signed

896613 - You cannot connect to Visual Studio SQL Server Express on a remote Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer

896896 - A message from a 16-bit MS-DOS-based program does not appear in a Command Prompt window until a named pipe is closed in Windows XP

900624 - When you disconnect and then reconnect a network adaptor on a Windows XP-based computer, the IPsec policy is not applied for two to three seconds after the network adaptor is reinitialized

899182 - You receive a "The permissions on <RegistryKeyName> are incorrectly ordered" error message when you view the permissions on a registry key in Windows XP

890859 - MS05-018: Vulnerabilities in Windows kernel could allow elevation of privilege and denial of service

890047 - MS05-008: Vulnerability in Windows shell could allow remote code execution

893086 - MS05-016: Vulnerability in Windows Shell that could allow remote code execution

891849 - You receive "The system could not log you on" error message when you use a smart card to log on to a Windows XP Professional-based computer

890937 - Computer authentication cannot complete successfully when you use a smart card to log on to a wireless network in Windows XP

893226 - A user receives an "Unable to log you on because it is required that you use a smart card" message when the user tries to log on to your Windows XP-based computer by using Remote Assistance

896430 - Outlook 2000 may unexpectedly quit when you use the IME to enter Japanese text on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows 2000

894069 - You receive the Change Password dialog box when you try to use a smart card to log on to a Windows Server 2003 domain in Windows XP Professional

898444 - MUI language settings may create more than one shortcut in the My Music and My Pictures folders for new users on a Windows XP-based computer

890175 - MS05-001: Vulnerability in HTML Help could allow code execution

898781 - FIX: You experience slow performance or a program stops responding when the program calls a COM method and the MIDL defines an [out] pointer to pointer argument

893357 - Download - The Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2)/Wireless Provisioning Services Information Element (WPS IE) update for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 is available

893376 - Stack corruption occurs if you remove and insert a smart card during a user log on process in Windows XP Service Pack 1 or Windows XP Service Pack 2

890046 - MS05-032: Vulnerability in Microsoft agent could allow spoofing

896428 - MS05-033: Vulnerability in Telnet client could allow information disclosure

902395 - You may receive an "HTTP 405" error message when you click a hyperlink that links to a WebDAV folder in Internet Explorer 6

873333 - MS05-012: Vulnerability in OLE and COM could allow remote code execution

873339 - MS04-043: Vulnerability in HyperTerminal could allow code execution

891781 - MS05-013: Vulnerability in the DHTML editing component ActiveX control could allow code execution

885250 - MS05-011: Vulnerability in server message block could allow remote code execution

886185 - Download - Description of the critical update for Windows Firewall "My Network (subnet) only" scoping in Windows XP Service Pack 2

887472 - Microsoft has released a security update to Microsoft Windows Messenger

887742 - Download - You receive the Stop error "Stop 0x05 (INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT)" in Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2003

887797 - Description of the cumulative update for Outlook Express (KB887797)

867282 - MS05-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

888113 - MS05-015: Vulnerability in hyperlink object library could allow remote code execution in Windows Server 2003

885835 - MS04-044: Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel and LSASS could allow elevation of privilege

885836 - MS04-041: A vulnerability in WordPad could allow code execution

890923 - MS05-020: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

896358 - MS05-026: A vulnerability in HTML Help could allow remote code execution

896422 - MS05-027: Vulnerability in Server Message Block could allow remote code execution

883939 - MS05-025: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

898461 - Download - Software update 898461 installs a permanent copy of the Package Installer for Windows version 6.1.22.4

Added Download! 896344 - Download - You cannot transfer files and settings from a computer that is running a 32-bit edition of Windows XP to a computer that is running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

903235 - MS05-037: Vulnerability in JView Profiler could allow remote code execution

893803 - Download - Windows Installer 3.1 (v2) is available

888316 - Download - Description of the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 update that was released on November 23, 2004

873369 - Update 1 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005

901214 - MS05-036: Vulnerability in Microsoft Color Management Module could allow remote code execution

885354 - FIX: Bob deinterlacing does not work with the Video Mixer Renderer 9

^ That is just a list with all hotixes that were released to Windows XP. The majority of those old hotfixes were replaced by the new ones. Example:

867282 - MS05-014: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

883939 - MS05-025: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

890923 - MS05-020: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer

in that list you can find that 3 hotfixes, but only the last is present in WU, it replaces the other 2.

If someone does a fresh install os Win XP with SP2 and goes to Windows Update, doesn't get that list of hotfixes to download.

^ I've made a mistake and can't edit it...

kb867282 - MS05-014 was replaced by kb890923 - MS05-020 (in 12/4/2005), and later was replaced by kb883939 - MS05-025 (14/7/2005).

Update for Windows XP (KB903234)

Date Published: 7/28/2005

This update adds support for the End User Recovery feature in the Data Protection Manager.

Update for Windows XP (KB889527) v3

Install this update to prevent Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) packets from being dropped even though you have configured the Windows Firewall feature to allow ICMP packets.

Date Published: 8/4/2005

ADD:

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (896727) Critical

This update replaces the update that is included with Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-025.(883939)

This update also replaces the update that is included with Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-037. (903235)

Remove Windows XP SP2 - Critical Updates:

KB883939: Cumulative Security Update for IE for Windows XP SP2

KB903235: Security Update for Internet Explorer

ADD:

KB899588 Critical

KB896423 Critical

KB893756 Important

KB899591 Moderate

KB899587 Moderate

Edited by Marcin.Riki

hi...perhaps this answer is somewhere in this forum or not??? i have the full july AP...The question is: As new MS critical patches (KBxxxx) are release, or something else, can I add these using one of the tools (modules??) to, for example, the july release??

seems like amp/amc files are needed...or requiew some conversion....

tia/thx

mrdisk

Hotfixes for Windows Media Player:

windowsmedia10-kb892313-x86-enu

windowsmedia-kb895181-x86-enu

windowsmedia10-kb888656-x86-global-enu (update WMP to version 10.00.00.3923)

and addons:

WM9Codecs

wmv9VCMsetup

Update for Windows XP (KB886540)

ENG

Installation of the Media Pack will ensure that software programs and Web sites that rely on Windows files not included in Windows XP Home Edition N or Windows XP Professional N will work properly. After you install this update, you may need to restart your computer.

PLK

Zainstalowanie pakietu Media Pack zapewni prawidłowe działanie program?w i witryn sieci Web korzystających z programu Windows Media Player, zgodnie z wytycznymi Komisji Europejskiej. Po zainstalowaniu tego elementu konieczne może być ponowne uruchomienie komputera. Po zainstalowaniu tego elementu nie można go usunąć.

PTG

A instala??o do Media Pack assegura que os programas e Web sites que utilizam o Windows Media Player funcionam correctamente, conforme definido pela Comiss?o Europeia. Ap?s a instala??o, poder? ser necess?rio reiniciar o computador. Uma vez instalado este item, n?o ? poss?vel remov?-lo.

DAN

Installation af denne Media Pack sikrer, at programmer og websteder, der er afh?ngige af Windows Media Player, som defineret af EU-Kommissionen, vil fungere korrekt. N?r du har installeret denne opdatering, skal du muligvis genstarte computeren. N?r du har installeret denne opdatering, kan den ikke fjernes.

NOR

Ved ? installere mediepakken sikrer du at programmer og webomr?der som bruker Windows Media Player, slik det er definert av Europakommisjonen, virker som de skal. N?r du har installert dette elementet, kan det hende du m? starte datamaskinen p? nytt. N?r du har installert elementet, kan det ikke fjernes.

ELL

Η εγκατάσταση του πακέτου μέσων θα διασφαλίσει ότι τα προγράμματα λογισμικού και οι τοποθεσίες στο Web που βασίζονται στο Windows Media Player, όπως ορίζεται από την Επιτροπή της Ευρωπαϊκής 'Ενωσης, λειτουργούν κανονικά. Αφού εγκαταστήσετε αυτό το στοιχείο, ίσως χρειαστεί να επανεκκινήσετε τον υπολογιστή σας. Αφού εγκατασταθεί αυτό το στοιχείο, δεν θα είναι δυνατή η κατάργησή του.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...11-fe4b5b3cb712

Supported Operating Systems: WindoDownload Size: 30129 KBoad Size: 30129 KB

Edited by Marcin.Riki

Update for Windows XP (KB886540)

This update is needed for Windows XP Home N and XP Professional N only, not regular XP Home and Pro SP2 installs.

It would appear that this update restores the WMP and associated files removed from the XP N OS builds.

I am not sure is APXP can detect XP N specifically or not; however it's not clear what would happen if you attempt to install this hotfix on a regular XP SP2 OS.

I would also if this hotfix would appear on WU / MSU for XP N users?

Kind Regards

Simon

Something that you know by now, Messenger 7.5 FINAL is now out, but for Windows XP Only. Just a thought, maybe next month's AutoPatcher.

the_guy