The Hotfix Depot

We've got a 100+ hotfix pack of many of the Windows XP SP3 fixes up for download. These are fixes that you would have to call Microsoft and get through their support center. These probably won't be up for download for more than a few days, so grab them while their hot!

In order to access the download, you'll need to join our forums (it's free).

http://www.thehotfix.net/comments.php?catid=1&shownews=271

SyncToy v1.0 for Windows XP

Now there is an easier way. SyncToy is a free PowerToy for Microsoft Windows XP that provides is an easy to use, highly customizable program that helps users to do the heavy lifting involved with the copying, moving, and synchronization of different directories. Most common operations can be performed with just a few clicks of the mouse, and additional customization is available without added complexity. SyncToy can manage multiple sets of folders at the same time; it can combine files from two folders in one case, and mimic renames and deletes in another. Unlike other applications, SyncToy actually keeps track of renames to files and will make sure those changes get carried over to the synchronized folder.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&DisplayLang=en

Microsoft has posted a new KB article for another fix going into WindowsXP SP3. The article, titled "Windows Server 2003-based or Windows XP-based client computers may not receive any Group Policy objects from a new organization unit" has a downloadable hotfix only if you call Microsoft Support. We now have that fix available for download. Check out what the article says about the problem and the fix at the link below.

http://www.betatesteur.com/uploads/891630_ENU_i386_zip.rar

Humm...Theres ANY possibilty of getting this SP3 hotfixes into another language OS's?? :D

Im Portuguese and I have around 75 hotfixes in my language...but I would like to adquire the ones that you need to contact Ms... :devil:

Why some hotfixes need Ms permission??

SP3-Preview pack has 123 hotfixes, but only for English WinXP's.... :crazy:

Why some hotfixes need Ms permission??

586474015[/snapback]

Because they have not been tested enough, and should only be used when you experience the problem they were made to fix.

Windows Installer 3.1 Redistributable (v2)

The Microsoft? Windows? Installer is an application installation and configuration service. WindowsInstaller-KB893803-v2-x86.exe is the redistributable package for installing or upgrading Windows Installer. This revised package replaces the previously released redistributable package named "WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe" and addresses the issue discussed in KB Article 898628: Windows Installer fails silently after you upgrade to Windows Installer 3.1.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...38-de776fd4138c

Microsoft? Windows? Malicious Software Removal Tool 1.8

can Use this switches ?:

/F:Y - Force an extended scan of the computer and automatically clean any infections found.

now is only:? /q /z

New

Detection

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemovalTools\MRT

Version

33B662A4-4514-4581-8DD7-544021441C89

586518136[/snapback]

It depends. When do you want to do a full scan?

On the Dutch release I made a shortcut that people can use for a FULL scan of their system.

The option /F is for full scan. Has nothing to do with the installation.

If some of you are dl'n the sp3 hotfix pack ad just installing them all, i'd advise against that and instead manually go through each hotfix and compare the update files with whats already on your system, it'll take a while but you'll end up not screwing the os up.

I only installed 58 of the hotfixes. the rest were either older versions of some of the files or duplicates with various build numbers. Theres a bunch of MCE & SP1 fixes in the pack so if you have xp sp2 you won't need them.