What is your all time favorite OS?

198 members have voted

1. 1. What is your all time favorite OS?

• Mac OSX
    • Mac OS9
    • Linux (any distro.)
    • OS2
    • Win 9x (95/98/SE)
    • Win Me
    • Win 2k Pro
    • WinXP (Pro/Home/Corp.)
    • Be OS (any distro.)
    • Other (Specify in thread)

Originally posted by deadzombie

Yes, I like many others, try to forget about those two OS releases everyday. Have you ever had to work at a CAD station running Windows3.1?

Have pity on me...I still suffer from the nightmares...

hey when those were around, all i remember was playing games, like gorrilla and miner VGA;)

I choose OSX. I've used it a lot at work and it's just sucked me in. Im even considering buying a Mac this summer.

It's stable, fast, sexy, runs everything I want, and is just plain cool ;D

Yes! BeOS all the way! Too bad it's dead though. Everyone check out http://open-beos.sourceforge.net/news.php and support them if you can! The teapot demo? The 3dMixer about box was 20 times funner than that! I like BeOS because of it's underlying "no-crap" theme. No thousands of DLL's that all get intertwined in different versions. You can install most apps just by dragging their folder. It had a very dedicated community. And best of all, the file system. It supports extensionless file-typing, file-typingless association, and custom icons. The UI, although simple, functional, and user-friendly; leaves something for the eyes to desire, but OBOS should take care of that.

Who voted for WinME?!?!

I like Win2000. Stable as a rock, runs nearly all software and hardware fine, easy to use, near perfect. I like Linux too, XP could be good, never used it.

GeOS

It was an OS by Geoworks that I had on a 286 in 1991. That was a great OS, It was before Windows 3, and was built on top of DOS. There wasn't a whole lot of software for it but it came bundled with just about everything I needed.

The only time I ever crashed it was when I was writing a report and drawing in paint, I overloaded it by making my drawing too complex for that little 12 MHz 286. It slowed down and eventually crashed.

Win XP - the only OS where things haven't crashed at all and which works a dream with my setup. Had some trouble with Linux apps crashing but the kernel never goes wrong, so at least (unlike win 9x) you can recover from almost any app error (at least with telnet as a last resort if X freezes). Just wouldn't use it on the desktop until it's matured more - but Linux as a server OS is better than 2000 server IMO, especially with SuSE and the YAST tool - which has made admin of servers a sinch at work, but I've never tried .NET Server yet so don't know what that's going to be like.

I like Linux over all the others. Sure Linux lacks hardware support, but all of its functions are more advanced, stable, and user-friendly than that of Windows 98 SE. Windows 98 SE is my favourite Windows OS since XP is just too sluggish on my machine! If XP didn't demand that much resources, then I would have voted XP as the best Windows.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by slimshady710

WHOEVER Voted WinME ur nuts lol

LoL. Windows 2000 here with no service pack for that light, fast feeling.:bandit:

Windows XP Professional...

but wait theres an error.... Corp is not Windows XP Corp, Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional. it's only Windows XP Professional Corp.