What is your all time favorite OS?

198 members have voted

1. 1. What is your all time favorite OS?

• Mac OSX
    • Mac OS9
    • Linux (any distro.)
    • OS2
    • Win 9x (95/98/SE)
    • Win Me
    • Win 2k Pro
    • WinXP (Pro/Home/Corp.)
    • Be OS (any distro.)
    • Other (Specify in thread)

Yea I have Windows 98SE I rememlber when Widows 98 came out people were saying that Windows 98 was buggy and pointles and too much like windows 95 but if only we then what we know now That neary all new software works on windows 98 while nearly none works on windows 95.

About what I wrote before, Linux is still the best. However, I mist modify about what Windows is the best! First, I mentioned 98 SE, but now I say it's Windows 2000 Professional with Service Pack 2. I only had to intentionally restart my computer once because of a freeze, but it works like God other than that. Mind ya, it's not quite up to par with Linux. Windows 2000 even works great with games as well with the other applications. My gripe, though, is that I can't run ICQ in it. :(

And whoever voted for Windows ME, please reveal yourself and you'll seriously be driven out of here, LOL! :p:D:alien:

I think windows 98 is still good and its a lot better than 95 Because you can still get new soffware for it etc.

Infact Windows 98 should have its own radio Button

Well mine is Windows XP Pro. Corp Build 2600 with SP1.

I hardly every have problems. I've only had one blue screen since Pre. Beta 1. Sadly it was a stop error. :( Hardly ever had any problems. I can count them. 1. easy cd creator 2. sp1 (first leaked build was ****ed up) 3. Firewall would not work for awhile (fixed around beta 2. 4. graphics card was not supported untill RC2

thats about it - a few minor problems with saring files and stuff just becuase i never used it before

for me WinXP is the best OS ever

loving it....nice too no damn activation - never had a problem with it though :) maybe because i have my own non-leaked private keys :)

later,

will

I've only used DOS, Unix, and Win 3.1 through XP.

I liked DOS because I knew it inside out.

I only got to use a Unix-based system while using UG-II. Got comfy with the commands but the system administrator got off on messing with the user's programs while we were using them and it got to be a real pain in the butt because we sometimes lost our work. It was ok when it wasn't being f**ked with.

Win 3.1 was ok

Win 95 and the upgrade were ok but there were problems

Win 98/98se were better than 95 but still a bit unstable

Win XP has been ok since I unstalled it in Feb 2002. It crashes, I reboot, and life goes on. Still haven't figured out why it crashes on some programs - memory or XP?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

anita

Originally posted by unsanity

Since its (all time) I'll have to go with Windows 98se. Fast and pretty stable for its time. And was probably the only os that my video card worked with.

lol... are you sure you're not drunk? given that it is the 4th of july........... ive had more problems with 98se than ive had actual personal problems, it had somethin stuck up its ass every day, glad i got rid of that pile of trash.. as for fast? hell no ;x stable? um no ;x most i got that booted for was 5 1/2 days before it crashed from low resources, even though i wasnt pushing it hard..

my fav. os will always be winxp (build 2600) best os ive used so far and the only os out of all that ive used (except for win2k) that i can or my friend can delete all these important system files, make my c drive less than 900mb, have it teeter-totter on the brink of crashing and it still be stable without having any error screens/frozen applications :)!

Originally posted by cloned420

Os/400 on an IBM As/400 main frame ive never seen it crash and I have worked there 6 years

Same here... OS/400...

I installed a lot of AS/400, diverses models/sizes, since 1987 until the date... worked with them too...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER... I repeat, NEVER an OS crash....

Since 1987 until the date, I saw only TWO HD crashes...

AS/400 works 24/7/365 without a failure...

Best OS I ever seen.... no doubt....!!! ;)

well, i used windows 3.1 for the longest, and got used to it the most (that is what i learned on) and i am really proficient in DOS(what good does that do noe :p) windows 95/98 were far too unstable, windows nt/2k/me i never was really exposed to until last month when i started my CIO IT job... so far so good. using XP at home flawless...never have been a fan of APPLE. especially back in the day... now it is just preference with no real reason, but back then... wow.. so my favorite... prolly a tie between windows 3.1 and windows XP... i know that seems silly and is almost counter productive, but i was so comfortable in 3.1

I cant belive that win 95/98 are together because I like 98 but I hate 95 if anything windows 98 should be with windows ME Someone edit this poll

looks like winxp wins!! lol....like I knew it would. Still remember good old windows 1.0 still have it on 2 floppies. man thouse were the days....