Doom 3 November!!

Can we get some linkage brother DigitalDJ?

That would be outstanding if true...

crosses fingers and awaits with baited breath...

Originally posted by Faction

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHahhahahAHahhahahAHAHHAHAhahHAhahahaha

lmao, how many has amazon.com screwed up?

may i remind you of the crap they did to microsoft with Windows XP.

:p

Yeah guys, don't count on it to be true. Amazon sucks

I doubt it unless id has been working on it for 2 to 3 years and not told anyone... Which, IMO, would be hard as hell to try to keep a secret.

Ordering sites almost never have the correct date unless it is official, don't hold your breath.

They have been working on it for 2 or 3 years - since Quake 3 in '99. The artists and designers did Team Arena while John Carmack did the Doom 3 engine. When TA was released, Doom 3 was advanced enough for maps and textures to get started so the artists moved on to that. It hasn't been a complete secret, although they haven't really talked about it. Only a breif video at the Geforce 3 launch party and a recent press release offically announcing it have been shown, although E3 will feature a bit more about it.

I wouldn't take any notice of that release date. It's a long way off and anything could happen. iD have started releasing games just before Christmas, but it's so far way it could be just before Christmas 2003. Don't get your hopes up.

would be nice if it was true... but they did the same thing with team fortress 2... saying it was coming out... and letting people preorder it...

Originally posted by Quboid

They have been working on it for 2 or 3 years - since Quake 3 in '99. The artists and designers did Team Arena while John Carmack did the Doom 3 engine. When TA was released, Doom 3 was advanced enough for maps and textures to get started so the artists moved on to that. It hasn't been a complete secret, although they haven't really talked about it. Only a breif video at the Geforce 3 launch party and a recent press release offically announcing it have been shown, although E3 will feature a bit more about it.

I wouldn't take any notice of that release date. It's a long way off and anything could happen. iD have started releasing games just before Christmas, but it's so far way it could be just before Christmas 2003. Don't get your hopes up.

That has yet to be confirmed by an id official. You do not include the amount of time to make an engine in the game's production time, either. If it has not been a secret but they never said anything on it how could it not be a secret? I'm just wondering.

I still doubt the release is anywhere close to that, though.

Originally posted by xStainDx

may i remind you of the crap they did to microsoft with Windows XP.

:p

aye please remind me dont think i heard the screw up with amazon and XP......... do tell :)

Well if they're going to release it with the GeForce5 whic is due in August, then it could well be out by November! But I wouldn't build your hopes up.

it is not a GeForce5 :p

and besides what was that crap carmack spued about GF3 optimized for doom3 ehh

2 gfx card generations later :o

Originally posted by V_F

aye please remind me dont think i heard the screw up with amazon and XP......... do tell :)

they ill legitimatly, released the prices of XP before Microsoft said it was ok too.

not to forget the number of times amazon has pulled other prices and merchandise from their sites because of misinformed materials.

when you see an announcement from IDSoftware and company about Doom 3 then start believing :)

i'm just glad the product does actually exist, that we can count on :)