how many cds will gta3 be on?

I'm really sick of multiple CD's, they get annoying after a while, DVD all the way!

I really hope they start doing DVD games, since virtually everyone has a DVD-ROM.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

I'm really sick of multiple CD's, they get annoying after a while, DVD all the way!

I really hope they start doing DVD games, since virtually everyone has a DVD-ROM.

Does virtually everyone have a DVD drive? I didn't until a few weeks ago, now only 2 of my 4 PCs have. My mate's machine doesn't either, that's only 2 / 5 PCs I have frequent contact with that do and I suspect the actual % is much less than that.

Still, I do agree that DVD versions should be available for games that need more than 1 CD. But I think the CDs version should still be on the shelves for a while yet!

Originally posted by Quboid

Does virtually everyone have a DVD drive? I didn't until a few weeks ago, now only 2 of my 4 PCs have. My mate's machine doesn't either, that's only 2 / 5 PCs I have frequent contact with that do and I suspect the actual % is much less than that.

Still, I do agree that DVD versions should be available for games that need more than 1 CD. But I think the CDs version should still be on the shelves for a while yet!

DVD drives are REALLY cheap! I remember back in the day when they cost 100s of dollars. According to pricewatch, you can get a 16x DVD-ROM for around 40$! A few years ago, DVD Drives were rare, now pretty much everyone should have one.

I know they are cheap - my two cost ?45 each, which is what I paid for a CDROM drive a couple of years ago. But that doesn't mean everyone should have one - many people wouldn't even know how to install it!

i know a lot of people who don't have dvds on good systems. why? nothing comes on cd so why bother, movies? thats what a dvd player is for and they look better on a tv anyways