How to build a Multimedia PC in One Day

I'm not sure I understand. How long does it take someone to "make a pc"?

Anyway, good luck

585358939[/snapback]

Yeah, unless you're just covering how to pick out the hardware, what's the point? :unsure:

Nice guide but... what's the point?

getting all that hardware takes more than a day and now, actually having all that components in your hands, you can build it in.....

1. getting all the pieces together...35-40 mins

2. configuring bios...5-10 mins.

3. installing Windows...30-35 mins

4. installing drivers and setting up everything however you want...40-45 mins

total : 2 hours

Having your machine now alive!! working with no conflict... Priceless my friend! :D

Nice guide but... what's the point?

getting all that hardware takes more than a day and now, actually having all that components in your hands, you can build it in.....

1. getting all the pieces together...35-40 mins

2. configuring bios...5-10 mins.

3. installing Windows...30-35 mins

4. installing drivers and setting up everything however you want...40-45 mins

total : 2 hours

Having your machine now alive!! working with no conflict... Priceless my friend! :D

585363124[/snapback]

i was thinking ths same exact thing. the only extra thing you need is a tv capture card.

What? Hardly a guide. but ok.

What about suggesting alternative to spending $4000 on something that is possible with spending $50 on a video capture enabled card.

"multimedia pc" doesn't necessarily mean "a pc that can record live tv" btw.

I have a $80 Pc that I class as "multimedia" it plays movies, and it plays music. therefore _MULTI_ media.

• 2 weeks later...
Aren't you going to respond?

585450927[/snapback]

WTF Do you want us to say? want a cookie or something?

My opinion :

1. Hardly a guide. It doesn't guide me through the process. It just tells me to do slap some hardware together. Which to a noob they wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

2. make it a web page

3. Add some graphics

4. Add some proper definitions, and back info on terminology.

5. Need a FAQ section, like : What does IDE mean? What does RAID mean? What does Video out do? Can I have two monitors? Can I have a stereo attached? How do I configure my surround sound.

Want to make your own Media Center?

www.mythtv.org  :)

585450935[/snapback]

Yep, mythtv is awesome, I love it.

WTF Do you want us to say? want a cookie or something?

My opinion :

1. Hardly a guide. It doesn't guide me through the process. It just tells me to do slap some hardware together. Which to a noob they wouldn't have a ****ing clue.

2. make it a web page

3. Add some graphics

4. Add some proper definitions, and back info on terminology.

5. Need a FAQ section, like : What does IDE mean? What does RAID mean? What does Video out do? Can I have two monitors? Can I have a stereo attached? How do I configure my surround sound.

585450964[/snapback]

Yeah, and it's pretty poorly written, doesn't give you any options on the hardware (not everyone has $4000 to spend on a computer, plus for that much you could get a nice HDTV), and provides hardly an info and the description on putting it together is terrible.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to see all of You do a better job at making a guide, we should be patting him on the back for doing a decent job instead of cutting him down, Your all so superior aren't ya.