A List of Apps, Reviewed

I dont understand why u knockd off Azerues but i like it Very Much and Ares n Emule are my favourites as well.

also spybot is nice i like it

good postt i use most of the things u mentiond

updated to v. 0.2

P2P

- updated eMule, exeem, ares

- testing winmx, aMule, soulsee, blubster, abc

- added kazaa

Overall

- added free av section

- added new sections and added a couple of apps that are in-testing and will be tested

- a few minor changes here and there

Not that much added, less than I planned, but I needed to update it anyways

Kazza sucks, limewire has no ad-ware at all. All p2p's have ad-ware except for limewire.

Though just in case i dont have it installed on my computer. :blush:

for dl managers iv tried DAP Netpumper Flashget Ie Download manager and FLashget came top on my list

585579035[/snapback]

i'll add a download manager section :)

Any chance you could review Video Lan? VLC.

http://www.videolan.org/

585580776[/snapback]

will add to my to-do list

All p2p's have ad-ware except for limewire.

585581858[/snapback]

WTF, check your info kid.

How much actual time was spent on DC++? I took the hour to figure it out and there are servers that don't have rules. you could build up your share there and get much better downloads in others once you have a larger one.

thats NAGWARE, theres a difference

585585605[/snapback]

maybe there is, but to me, it's advertising something i don't need, want or use

How much actual time was spent on DC++? I took the hour to figure it out and there are servers that don't have rules. you could build up your share there and get much better downloads in others once you have a larger one.

585589667[/snapback]

I know that, and i'm not putting down dc; i just find the alternatives better; i like to hit search, find what I want and download (from as many peers as possible)

hardware monitors

SpeedFan is what alot of them use (Y) you should add that under coming soon :p

cool guide, alot of programs i agree with, and a very few i don't. spybot was a surprize.. and warez, i was suprized too, you uninstalled that over bearshare :o jesus..

but last.. i can't believe you took of old yeller! kazaa! what a great program that is! [/sarcasm]

cool cool review, ill be checking out BitComet now, im using BitTornado, didnt know it was slower then other bittorrent clients..

cool cool review, ill be checking out BitComet now, im using BitTornado, didnt know it was slower then other bittorrent clients..

585593872[/snapback]

thx for the response, i'll add speedfan thx, but about the bt clients - i didn't really find much speed differences, although i just found a nice little setting change in bitcomet which nicely sped it up :p, but i plan to take a much closer look at the various bt clients, all in due time :)

Did not read all the thread BUT:

my view of defrag soft:

1. O&O Defrag FOR SURE. love the stealth mode. even space mode is fast for me. i dont get what your issue is with interface :huh: i think its great.

2. Perfect Disk

3. Diskeeper

i have tried them all on multiple time btw.

Also

After using Azureus and BitComet both for many month, I can honestly say - Bitcomet is not any faster for me. If you have most recent java jre and azureus - there are no slowdowns. both performance and download speeds are about the same.

But azureus has a few more options (eg. move completed files to a different folder)

so i vote azureus before bitcomet. though comet is good too. just lacking a couple of simple things.

I personally use bittornado and it works perfect for me, I also use O&O Defrag without any problems

also I'd suggest you bold the software titles b/c it can get messy trying to look for something and not wanting to read the whole list

Thanks for sharing your experiences. You said more in your post than 10 issues of most PC mags. I get posts from slash.dot and tech reports etc. and I don't usually see much bias just they use a whole lot of words to not really tell me much at all. You used few words to tell me a lot. Thanx

With Limewire, I use it and hardly notice the nags anymore and have found tweaks in it and XP itself which make it faster than any other p2p I've tried, including many of the other clients on your list. XP Pro itself has some network settings which I believe are meant to hinder p2p file sharing. But they can be modified (not easy) which allows Limewire at least to really speed up (more hosts etc). I just made a quick check and I'm downloading right now from 27 hosts @ an average of 220+kbs and the upstream is averaging 68kbs. I have to be fair, I have not tried bittorrent or any of the others since screwing with XP's internal network settings, and the other p2p clients might respond the same as Limewire has. But before I rarely saw more than 45kbs down with sometimes nearing 60kbs but usually around 30kbs up.

And thanx again for taking the time to try these apps AND reporting your results. For your detractors they neither have to read your report or act on it, as for me good job.

funny you should ask martyn...

updated to v. 0.23

Recent Changes

- fixed up visual a little

- updated the p2p section, almost every app (added soulseek, winmx, filedevil and blubster)

- added many more apps to test and reviewed a couple also (nlite, xplite, rainlendar, picasa..)

- added Ad/Popup Blocking section

- many minor changes

funny you should ask martyn...

updated to v. 0.23

Recent Changes

- fixed up visual a little

- updated the p2p section, almost every app (added soulseek, winmx, filedevil and blubster)

- added many more apps to test and reviewed a couple also (nlite, xplite, rainlendar, picasa..)

- added Ad/Popup Blocking section

- many minor changes

585649783[/snapback]

Nice one! You have just made one of the best guides (IMO) on NeoWin even better! :D