question about GTA3??

man is anybody having problems wid this game..

i just bought it today and i stalled it and everything went perfect until i load it up and i cant see the words. Its all just one white box where the words should be...

Pc specs:

800 mhz duron

320 mb ram

geforce 2 mx 400

windows xp

does anyone know what could be wrong, or did i get a messed up disk

u need a patch look at this

"We have found a possible problem with Windows XP that manifests itself as graphical problems both in the game menu and also during game play. We have traced this problem to be a Windows XP problem. Technically this problem is solved by the use of a newer version of d3d8.dll than is shipped on CD with Windows XP. (The version on the Windows XP CD that has problems is 5.1.26000.0 ? versions tested without error include 5.1.2600.15 and 5.1.2600.29)

Currently the only way we know to update this dll file is to install the Windows XP Patch: "The Computer Cannot Enter Standby or Hibernate if a Direct3D-Based Screen Saver Is Running (Q306676)" downloadable from here.

This update may in the future be available as part of an official Windows XP Service Pack, a Windows XP Compatibility Update, or possibly a DirectX 8.1 update."

and get the patch here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...SP1_x86_ENU.exe

Reccomended Requirements:

700 Mhz Processor

128 MBRam

16 MB or Higher Direct X 8.1 and/or Open GLcompatible video card

8x CDRom Drive Speed

500 MB Hard Disk Space

Windows 98/ME/XP

PS: This is a brief specification but u can allways check the real one at the GTA 3 web site...

Originally posted by spitz_firez

man is anybody having problems wid this game..

i just bought it today and i stalled it and everything went perfect until i load it up and i cant see the words. Its all just one white box where the words should be...

Pc specs:

800 mhz duron

320 mb ram

geforce 2 mx 400

windows xp

does anyone know what could be wrong, or did i get a messed up disk

i hope what i gave u repaired your prob eh? hehe if it does

I'M THE BEST! :D

if not sorry i made what i could....:sleeping:

I installed it at my friends house, and his comp is not that great. They game worked perfectly without the patch :p

btw - I love your sig Impulfusion :p

EDIT: I love your sig I love your sig Impulfusion...er...Keldyn :p

yeah it worked but the words are in spanish... how the hell can i change it to english.

i could talk in spanish but i cant read it, understand it a lil bit but its annoying. how can i fix this

yeah it worked but the words are in spanish... how the hell can i change it to english.

i could talk in spanish but i cant read it, understand it a lil bit but its annoying. how can i fix this

you can talk in spanish but cannot read it? ehh?:s i finished Spanish III and i can do neither

ok nevermind i fixed it..

my brother helped me since he can read spanish...

thanks for ur help impulfusion

no prob but is there an language choise?

Originally posted by GlobeThrasher

I installed it at my friends house, and his comp is not that great. They game worked perfectly without the patch :p

btw - I love your sig Impulfusion :p

EDIT: I love your sig I love your sig Impulfusion...er...Keldyn :p

i made the avatar my self :p