Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Political Signatures, Avatars and Member Titles

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It has been more than three months now since the US election on November 2nd. We have a winner and we have a loser. Let's move on.

It's time for some decorum on the forum.

I'll be sending out PMs to members asking them to remove flame-bait signatures, avatars and member titles. If they are not voluntarily removed in a reasonable amount of time then they will be removed for you.

According to Rule #5:

No Flaming, Personal attacks such as flaming, instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse or mocking of members in forum posts are not tolerated at Neowin.

This applies to signatures (and images) as much as it applies to the post content itself.

I have no problem with positive messages. If you want to say that "Bush is the greatest President ever" or "Clinton was the greatest President ever" then great but I draw the line at sore winning and sore losing.

I'm going to leave this thread unlocked for now, in case you have questions about where to draw the line. I would ask that if you plan to tear into me that you do so in a PM.

And before any of you bother to include my own personal politics into this, I'll let you know that it was an anti-Bush image that pushed me over the edge.

fred666

Edit: I've had a few examples pop back up this week so I will re-pin the thread.

Edited by fred666

Posted

It was propably image in my sig that got you over the edge. I

Posted

This I like. Nice move fred666 (Y)

Posted

Nice! :D It's about time.

Posted

Excellent idea. I trust everyone no matter affiliation will comply with this. Funny, that during the election the conservatives - myself included - criticized Kerry repeatedly about only being anti-Bush and having nothing to say positive of himself. Let's all take that advice and come up with some positive sigs. (Y)

Remember kids, Neowin is bigger than the RWI sub forums. Rules and acceptable behavior are the same forum wide.

Posted

Aw shucks, now I have to remove my cool avatar of Bush eating a defenseless kitten.

Oh well. Off to find something new and cool.

Posted

My avatar seeks to be a uniter, not a divider.

/has no idea what his avy/sig are anymore.

Posted

<Decided to go with an alien theme. Looks pretty cool and somewhat eyecatching. I like these "dark" and scary animated avatars.

Anybody want these avatars? I thought they were pretty cool and were my other choices for my replacement. Feel free to use them if you like them and can't think of anything.

post-16904-1107541689.gif

post-16904-1107541751.gif

post-16904-1107541765.gif

Posted

We do not need an open discussion on the issue. Thanks for understanding and assisting us in making this a better place to share your views.

Thread Locked