Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35 Coupe?

Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35 Coupe?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Nissan 350Z or Infiniti G35 Coupe?

• 350Z
    • G35 Coupe

Weather really isn?t an issue anymore with the traction control systems cars have now. Popular Mechanics recently did a test comparing rear and front wheel drive cars and they said that they are equal now. The G35 isn?t really a skyline it?s just a coupe that they stuck the name on to help sales. However, I would definitely go with the G35 it?s just an all around nicer car and not to mention they sound wicked awesome. They are suppose to be releasing a GTR version sometime soon I guess with AWD and more HP but also they threw a nice big ugly wing on it.

Weather really isn?t an issue anymore with the traction control systems cars have now. Popular Mechanics recently did a test comparing rear and front wheel drive cars and they said that they are equal now. The G35 isn?t really a skyline it?s just a coupe that they stuck the name on to help sales. However, I would definitely go with the G35 it?s just an all around nicer car and not to mention they sound wicked awesome. They are suppose to be releasing a GTR version sometime soon I guess with AWD and more HP but also they threw a nice big ugly wing on it.

585581737[/snapback]

Well, my friends said their friend had a g35 and if it snowed it would easily get stuck, spinning its wheels futilely.

Well, my friends said their friend had a g35 and if it snowed it would easily get stuck, spinning its wheels futilely.

585581755[/snapback]

Did he leave the stock tires on it? You need to buy a good set of all season tires for them. With my Subaru STi they show the car driving through the snow but they come with summer tires. For the winter, you need to buy a good set of all season tires because if you use the stock tires you will go nowhere in the snow.

Did he leave the stock tires on it? You need to buy a good set of all season tires for them. With my Subaru STi they show the car driving through the snow but they come with summer tires. For the winter, you need to buy a good set of all season tires because if you use the stock tires you will go nowhere in the snow.

585581779[/snapback]

You also have AWD which helps, I'm sure. But I do agree with the all season tires. Always a good investment.

You also have AWD which helps, I'm sure.  But I do agree with the all season tires.  Always a good investment.

585581786[/snapback]

Yeah I bought a second set of cheap rims and threw the all season tires on them. You can't rely on the AWD if the tires can?t even stick to the road.

Yeah I bought a second set of cheap rims and threw the all season tires on them. You can't rely on the AWD if the tires can?t even stick to the road.

585581804[/snapback]

I have an Xterra and it rarely snows here in VA so I am covered.

• 6 months later...
nissan, infiniti...... same ****ing company! new corvette Z06 will eat them both a new ######!

586553732[/snapback]

as much as i like the vette... i seriously doubt that it would take them in turns... remember... straight line isn't everything.

wtf? bro, the corvette with the new Z51 "HANDLING" package, it makes the porsche look like a honda civic. all those POS japanese cars mentioned here in this thread are lowered to the ground making them good at handling. what is the corvette chopped liver? it ****ing lowered too. read up dude before making a retarded post.

wtf? bro, the corvette with the new Z51 "HANDLING" package, it makes the porsche look like a honda civic. all those POS japanese cars mentioned here in this thread are lowered to the ground making them good at handling. what is the corvette chopped liver? it ****ing lowered too. read up dude before making a retarded post.

586554591[/snapback]

"bro", not everyone wants a big ugly blob with a deformed rear ;)

This is a hard choice... The 350Z looks better but the G35 has a much better interor.. Screw it I want a 2005 GTO with a LS2 or hows about the new Z06 that puts everything from Japan to shame and it gets 28 mpg on the highway!

The G35 isn?t really a skyline it?s just a coupe that they stuck the name on to help sales.

585581737[/snapback]

Actually, it is a Skyline in Japan. The G35 sedan is a Skyline also. Skylines in Japan come in two-door and four-door models.

What differentianted the Skyline from the "Z" lines of cars from Nissan were the engines. The Skyline prior to it's G35 incarnation had the RB26 engine, while the Z models prior to the 350Z had the VG30 engine. Now, the Skyline and the 350Z are essentially the same cars mechanically (share the same VQ35 engine) with just different body styles.

The Skyline GT-R just happens to be the top of the line model of Skyline. In the eighties, you could buy a Skyline with a four cylinder engine called the Ti model, but who would want that!?. Other models popular in the eighties were the 2000GT model and the RS series of Skylines. The GT-R line just happened to be resurrected around 1989/90 beginning with the GT-R32.

I would gladly take a Skyline (G35) now and it doesn't have to be a GT-R model either. The aftermarket support for it is immense now. I'm sure there will be plenty of used ones in good shape to be had in a few years when I'm looking for a new ride.

I would definitely go with the G35. It has more "mystique" for ;). ;) You can actually get an export model Skyline without having to pay a small fortune to buy a "gray market" imported one from Motorex.

I'd probably go with the G35. The looks of both cars vary greatly depending on the factory kits, rims and colors. I've always had my eye on a black G35 with the suspension and aero package and a 6spd manual.

btw.. whoever made the comment about the vette's inability to corner has no idea what they are talking about. :rofl: You have to remember though the vette is a good 50% higher cost at least. Though it's pretty much a higher class of car, imo.

Also...

corvette_lemans_2002.jpg

"bro", not everyone wants a big ugly blob with a deformed rear ;)

586555642[/snapback]

big ugly blob??? your a ****ing dick! the Z06 looks like a ferrari compared to those japan POS's. you all suck honda's an japans lil cocks cause you all love to be fast a the curious wanna be's. you all do not jack **** about cars. go jack off , and **** you all and neowin.

i've driven in a 02 z06 corvette... my friend used to have one before he sold it b/c he didn't want to drive her in winter... and figured driving it only 6 months out of the year here in nj didn't justify the price.

he took this turn coming off of us rt1 in central jersey going to ryders lane in east brunswick doing 45mph... felt like the car was going to lose control. i can do the same turn in my 02 ford focus zx3 which isn't even lowered or have any work done to the suspension at almost 70mph. yea... so you were saying they handle perfectly?

i'm not dissing the vette... i do like it, however...

i don't care about straights or left turns... i want something that can auto-x. i've been to auto-x events. have you ever seen one? corvettes get their asses handed to them by... oh wait look at this... I bet ur gonna hate this... STi's and Evo's... and on top of that... i've seen a modded SVT focus beat all 3.

oh one other thing... don't go saying i love japanese cars and am a honda lover etc... b/c i'm not... every single car in my driveway and every single car i've ever owned has been either ford or chevrolet.