Help, using Mac Bluetooth Keyboard on PC?

Hi everyone.

I'll keep this as brief as possible. I've managed to pair the apple wireless keyboard with my IBM PC running windows XP SP2. This was achieved using a Kensington dongle and it's Toshiba driver stack. The Belkin version just would not work and has been sent back. Anyway, having achieved the hard bit, I am now stuck as the PC will not boot without the PS/2 wired keyboard connected. I know there is a bios option to ignore the missing keyboard but not in the IBM bios on this machine. I've even tied upgrading the bios to IBM's latest but still it fails. The error claims there is no operating system!!!

Does anyone know how I might force the syatem to boot without a PS/2 keyboard?

I have also tried leaving it connected but both keyboards go mad. Stability can only be achieved with one keyboard connected and un-plugging the PS/2 after each boot is not really on the cards as a long term solution.

ps. Spent every evening over a week to get this far and I'm determined to get to the end.

• 3 weeks later...

I had an easy time connecting my MAC bluetooth wireless keyboard to my PC (Windows XP sp2) using a MoGo bluetooth dongle and BlueSoleil (IVT) bluetooth drivers. Held down the power key on the keyboard for about 10 seconds, asked BlueSoleil to search for new devices, paired and connected. Worked on the first try.

I dunno about your PS/2 keyboard problem though, I never thought you could get around starting up without a keyboard except through the BIOS setting. Perhaps a dummy keyboard might work?

Edited by StuffedWifFluff