[Release] Mac OS X Tiger

All info on my desktop shown in the preview will be released soon.

For those that can't wait that iTunes thing is from AveDesk, which more specificly is AveTunes, and using the Albumart skin for it ;)

sry, one more question: does minimizing look like it does in os x with your theme? can windowfx make it do that?

oh yeah, how much ram does this all use? as i've only 512 mb, i need to be concious of that.

sry, one more question:  does minimizing look like it does in os x with your theme? can windowfx make it do that?

oh yeah, how much ram does this all use?  as i've only 512 mb, i need to be concious of that.

585513718[/snapback]

The min effect can be done with windowfx.

The ram issue all depends on how much you are looking to use. Just the theme itself and windowblinds uses less then 1 mb and 2 mb VM. Then of course the screen shot has trillian pro running (~10MB) and then the widgets (~1-2MB) for each widget (depends on which program you use) and objectdock free (1-2MB idle, 4-5MB on zoom)

I use all the these programs except the widgets on my older laptop using XP pro that only uses 256 mb and it runs fine.

For those that can't wait that iTunes thing is from AveDesk, which more specificly is AveTunes, and using the Albumart skin for it ;)

585511727[/snapback]

thank you :)

The min effect can be done with windowfx.

The ram issue all depends on how much you are looking to use.  Just the theme itself and windowblinds uses less then 1 mb and 2 mb VM.  Then of course the screen shot has trillian pro running (~10MB) and then the widgets (~1-2MB) for each widget (depends on which program you use) and objectdock free (1-2MB idle, 4-5MB on zoom)

I use all the these programs except the widgets on my older laptop using XP pro that only uses 256 mb and it runs fine.

585513810[/snapback]

how much ram does the normal luna theme use?

One question - how did you change your font for the various entries in the Start Menu? Mine defaults to Tahoma, and it looks out of place.

Otherwise, pretty smooth useable theme. One minor nitpick - in Firefox, all the menus are a pure shade of grey, but I'd guess that that's Firefox's fault.

Yea it is. I might make a FireFox skin someday ;)

Also to change the font, in your display properties, click the advanced button in the appearence tab, then click advanced again and change the "Icon" font to Lucida Grande.

After some userChrome.css tweaking (shamelessly ripped from Firefox help and Mozillazine's forums :p), I finally managed to cook up some menus that aren't a total shade of grey :)

/* Customise the look of your menus */
menupopup, popup {
   border: 1px solid !important;
   -moz-border-left-colors: #ACACAC !important;
   -moz-border-top-colors: #ACACAC !important;
   -moz-border-right-colors: #ACACAC !important;
   -moz-border-bottom-colors: #ACACAC !important;
   padding: 2px !important;
   background-color: Menu !important;
}
menubar > menu {
   border: 1px solid transparent !important;
   padding: 2px 5px 2px 7px !important;
   margin: 0 !important;
}
menubar > menu[_moz-menuactive="true"] {
   background-color : Highlight !important;
   color: HighlightText !important;
}

/* Change the way menu separators look */
menuseparator {
  border-top: 1px solid #ACACAC !important;
  border-bottom: 0px solid !important;
}

The dividers and menu edges are now way more distinct. The menu background is still a dull shade of grey though, although it *might* be possible to change it to an image.

hey, the perfect shadow leaves a border from the window to the shadow? can this be fixed?

also, can you release the cursors seperate from cursorxp, just cursors xp can recognize? thanks

I updated the first post with an article I wrote. Go there and under cursorxp I have a link to download cursors for strictly xp.

And the reason your tabs are like that is because of your font. Delete your copy of Lucida Grande and install the one that came with my theme.

• 2 weeks later...

awesome theme. i actually just did a total conversion of my computer to look like a mac for this.

ive always tried the mac style, but its been gone after a few hours. this one is a keeper.

There were a lot of replies I got on this theme that I never expected, Deron your own of them.

There will be another update this weekend, it will be just to correct the progress bar animation direction.

and Canadian, I'm glad you like it, btw, Canada owns :p