Windows XP Visual Style Luna Orange

*scratches head*

you could have ask first... but i don't mind ;)

bear in mind that my XP Red isn't 100% finished yet, and will probably become a little less orangey anyway :)

its perfectly okay with me... at least you mentioned that it was based on mine...

and no i don't work for M$ but i did spend several hours working on recolouring the images...

Personnally, if I saw that mine would end up so similar, I'd start from somewhere else.. but 'theoretically' it doesn't matter, since no one is asking MS for permission anyway.

But...... If you want to start from somewhere else... how about this:

Dark navy blue theme with orange as the major highlight, bright orange... to contrast the dark blue..

for instance: the taskbar would be mostly dark blue (midnight blue :)) with all highlights + start button in orange... you could take it from there.. the little X in orange too, would be QUITE interesting!

Jokhm

Well I wanted to make Luna Orange from scratch, but since I have to run my site and post news etc, and since I had already made two of them, I don't have much time... Since I wanted to do the Orange, since I had a wallpaper, and his looked orange, I decided to use it.... Noone has asked me if they could modify mine, lots of people have done so though... Lots of people used TGT Softs theme as the foundation for theirs, then changed the colors etc... I DOUBT they bothered to ask TGT Soft... Now did you ? Don't you think it took then time to make that Toothpaste theme ?

Originally posted by PM5K

So because you recolored someone elses art I'm supossed to ask You for permission ? Shouldn't I ask MS ? They are the ones that made it......

So what you guys are suggesting is that I ask someone else if I can modify something that isn't even theirs ? I'm not a , I put all of those themes on my website for YOU people, not for me, Hell, I don't even use themes.... Same thing with the Wallpaper Packs and the Screen Savers, I don't use them, I make them for YOU people... And this is the thanks I get ? How can one person that takes from someone else expect someone else to ask them ? That makes no sense...

Thanks for letting me know how much you people appreciate it, I won't bother to do it anymore.....

dont expect any1 to thank you for that man, i mean basicly all u did is rip his style off and add a wallpaper and some crappy icons and u go and call it "your" theme.....yah rite

You SHOULD have asked him before u did anything with his theme, im using it rite now and i really dont plan to use the copy u made of his theme sorry

I didn't call it mine, infact this is what I put:

"I've just added the Visual Style "Luna Orange" to the Downloads Section at my site. Special thanks to MoonFish because it's basically his Style with some icon and wallpaper modifications."

And on the site I also put him as the creator and added, "Modified by PlanetNexiz.com" AFTER his name....

And no I didn't add much, but sometimes themes just add a few things, and I honestly felt that the wallpaper I added and the red icons made it even better than it already was...

The problem with this is that people who like them just download them and go on their way enjoying them, but people who don't are always the people with the biggest ****ing mouths.....

I was only trying to make it easy for you people to get some themes..... Apparently 7000 people downloaded and enjoyed them, I don't know why I let you ###### bring me down....

I still don't know why I should have to ask him... I'm sure noone asked MS before they modified that theme or TGT Soft....

How the hell did I rip him off ? I posted his name, e-mail and website on the download... I even said it was his Style when I announced the Style....

If anyone ripped anyone off he ripped off Microsoft..... All he did was change the colors, just like all I did was add a wallpaper and icons....

I gotta side with PM5K on this one. Its microsofts original skin. And there was an orange skin that came out with windowblinds a while ago. I realize windowblinds and this are different, but you still have to color the bitmaps orange, or whatever color.

So no matter how you look at it, someone is copying someone elses idea.

isn't waht pm5k did what we all should do? Help each other improving styles, redesigning, and make it all better?

He said it was moonfish's theme, and mentioned it enough. and that he should ask before, well yeah, i agree with that, but if you have to keep waiting until he answes and blablablah he never could have posted it.

Working together to bring the best themes possible is what is te best thing to do and don't come whining about stealing.

Ever heard of GNU? Where comes Linux from? From the work of one guy, and everybody started modifying it to make it better. M$ bought it's dos, and who the hell made that anyhow.

So i think the discussion can end here...

Look ppl stop saying oooh PM5K you should have asked before modifying Moonfishes theme because basically, PM5K has modified an already modified Microsoft theme. Unless you create the theme from scratch it is almost always likely going to be MS's work and no one elses. Personally i think they both look rubbish anyway (too bright), and wouldnt d/l em if you paid me (well i probably would in that case) :devious:

Anyway, the themes ihave seen are pretty lame so far. Im gonna try out the Halo theme, but arent expecting much.

BTW , there is one theme that looks good and that is his own work from scratch (how can youtell you may ask), well lets just say the entire desktop is different and he has embedded icons like my computer into certain spaces. It is a .NET theme, but childish like but it is completely redesigned and HIS own work. Its supposed to be - either - what longhorn will look like or black comb, cant remember which. i think it is Blackcomb though

this thread is getting out of hand......and its starting to degrade into an out and out flame war. You guys should put your childish differences aside and work together on it. Now shake hands, kiss and make up or i'll lay the smackdown on both of you.

IMO a forum thread is not the place to have this argument, if you 2 want to slug it out, may i suggest you do it over IM on the phone or even more entertaining; fisticuffs IRL :D

i've already had to edit several posts because people are letting there testosterone go to there heads, calm down or i'll have to lock the thread.

Play nice kiddies.

I thought I'd might aswell step in here (I have no idea why), but I have to agree with Ross D, although I don't agree with the kissing up part...anyways.

It's a well known fact that people copy off other people to inhance their ideas...just look at William Gates - he copied Macintosh and now we all (most of us) use Windows. But in the long run PM5K did inform us that it was a modified version of Moonfish's theme.

Let's just calm down a little here, let's all exchange themes and improve them (no matter how insignificantly), and we'll probably by pleased with the result.

Permissions:

Nothing to say here - as everyone is intitled to their own opinion :rambo:

i duno about this im just angry why people is telling him off

he did it right

his site is there made for us to download

my god u ppl get sum sense into urself

i swear

he made a site

he hosts one just to hear **** from u dudes

i dont think so thats slack

he gave credit to moonfish as well

i mean he adds and he told that