Punishment for owning a Fake ID[UK]

Hi, one of my friends has changed his d.o.b on his provisional driving liscence.  The card is real and all the details on the card are correct but he has changed his d.o.b so he is now 18.  Anyway it looks pretty gd but i want to know wot the consequences are if he gets caught using this, he will just be using it for getting served in bars and off liscences.  Hes 17 and 18 in August. 

Andrew

585567686[/snapback]

Knowing the British government and their slowness, their results on combating crime and the corrupt legal system, nothing will happen, I doubt if he would even get caught.

Why not just get him to tell the thugs... sorry bouncers, that he is 18, state a valid date of birth, and if they ask for ID, say you don't have any. Don't drive, never been abroad, don't use credit cards etc.

It really isn't worth the hassle he could get into for the sake of a few months illegal drinking.

i remember all the cards i took away when i worked at a bar... they tell u what to look for on altered/fake cards.

585567783[/snapback]

what do they look for?

you can have your licence removed, and get a large fine? you could potentially be arrested if your using it to buy beer :p

• 2 years later...

Great, another BUMPER :(

Harry, did you look at the time the last post was before your topic? If so, you will notice that this topic was lasted posted on Mar 23 2005 Which means its about 2 and half years old that you relived a topic

sorry. delete my post if you want. i did not mean to be any trouble! i just thought what i posted might be useful better than getting a fine for altering your DL.

Well, hopefully that thought you to always check the last post before to make sure the topic is not that old so that you bump a year or more old topic next time?

Well, he is very stupid!

He is going to have to pay for another provisional Driving liscence now! When you take your driving test, your examiner will take your provisional driving liscence and send it off to the DVLA to change to the real thing.

Also, he wont even be able to take his test as it will have invalid information and altering a legal goverment card is illegal.