what to do with these magnets

I recently bought a pretty nice all digital collection of TV, DVD, and 5.1 Stereo. Three total components, and I now have a DVR/Digital cable set top box.

When I put the system together for the first time I noticed two round magnetic shielding couplings. They didn't come with any instructions as to what to do with them. So I have these two magnetic couplings that are just over an inch long. I can put probably two or three cables in each. What's the best use of these? Here are the cables I have running around:

Audio:

Optical from DVR to Stereo

Red/White from DVD to TV

Red/White from TV to Stereo

Coaxil (digital) from DVD to Stereo

Red/White from DVR to TV

Video

DVI from DVD to TV

Component cables from DVR to TV

What's the best place for magnetic shielding? Where in the cable should I put it?

Edited by Hooya

I recently bought a pretty nice all digital collection of TV, DVD, and 5.1 Stereo.  Three total components, and I now have a DVR/Digital cable set top box.

When I put the system together for the first time I noticed two round magnetic shielding couplings.  They didn't come with any instructions as to what to do with them.  So I have these two magnetic couplings that are just over an inch long.  I can put probably two or three cables in each.  What's the best use of these?  Here are the cables I have running around:

Audio:

Optical from DVR to Stereo

Red/White from DVD to TV

Red/White from TV to Stereo

Coaxil (digital) from DVD to Stereo

Red/White from DVR to TV

Video

DVI from DVD to TV

Component cables from DVR to TV

What's the best place for magnetic shielding?  Where in the cable should I put it?

585665666[/snapback]

IMO

Sounds like smoke and mirrors to me, toss em in a drawer somewhere and forget about them.

• 2 weeks later...

you are supposed to place one around all the wires goind into the amp, and one going round all the wires going into the tv.