Which memory card technology to go with?

What memory card technology seems the best (long-term)?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What memory card technology seems the best (long-term)?

• Compact Flash Type I
    • Compact Flash Type II
    • SmartMedia
    • Secure Digital
    • MulitMedia Card
    • Memory Stick
    • xD
    • I have no idea / other

• 8 months later...

SD are will be the best to me.

its small, fast and relatively cheap (kingston elite pro 50x 512mb at 60SGD in some stores)

50x will be more than enough to support most camera for its 7500kbps

i'm guessing CF are best for those higher end DSLR camera like a Nikon/Canon whilst the SD is best for the compacts and the lower DSLR's.

Whichever the case, i picked an SD because they're light, and be used on other devices...eg, mobile phone, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember using a digi cam which took floppies!

I remember seeing that too! I think it was a sony digital camera of somesort... i've been using kingston's elite pro sd cards, works like a charm...

1gb8so.th.jpg

1gb21zi.th.jpg

my other sd card.

Edited by Lan88

Woh, I remember creating this thread.

I was in a store the other day and I noticed that high speed SD memory now claims 150x speeds (or something like that). And I thought my 66x SD card was the cat's ass. Such is life with technology...

SD is the more widely used camera memory. So youd be more future proof with that. As for SM, yea, alot of it is dead. For high speed SD, its the better choice for SLR cameras that can take various shots every second.

SD is the more widely used camera memory. So youd be more future proof with that. As for SM, yea, alot of it is dead. For high speed SD, its the better choice for SLR cameras that can take various shots every second.

You mean DSLR camera's :p And some DSLR's have dual slots, for both SD and CompactFlash, so you can't really leave them out in the dirt.

• 2 weeks later...