Does Best Buy Pay Well?

i worked there for about 1.5 years, started off liking the job but as time went by i began to hate it. didn't get recognized for doing work well, hated being forced to sell junk to people (c'mon, who the hell wants msn dial up....) the people there were generally ###### too. paywise, i got 8.50 as my highest with my only experience being at a golf course at that time. the discount is sweet, but not sweet enough to make up for a bad company.

i worked there for about 1.5 years, started off liking the job but as time went by i began to hate it.  didn't get recognized for doing work well, hated being forced to sell junk to people (c'mon, who the hell wants msn dial up....)  the people there were generally ###### too.  paywise, i got 8.50 as my highest with my only experience being at a golf course at that time.  the discount is sweet, but not sweet enough to make up for a bad company.

585756970[/snapback]

Exactly why I declined the job offer. Getting told "You must sell extras or you're fired" didnt cut it for me.

I'm making $9.17 an hour. Like it? Depends. I'm a moody person so that never helps. My home theater area manager is a dick. The GM is a condescending ######. That said, I work with some cool people and my area manager doesn't start **** with me after I flipped on him. Do your job. Do it better when they look and when there isn't a manager around, be honest and truely help the customer.

This is making me want to apply to Best Buy.

I need a job, and if 8 bucks is the starting pay, I'm all up for it.

If I work 16 hours a week (i'm a student), I'll be making 500 a month.

Hehe.. hello TomTom Go navigation system. :D

^^ The problem I have with retail, is the customers. They're stupid. I feel like smacking them. That, and I don't like being told what to do. I have no incentive to work hard and help dumb customers, apart from the $. That's still not enough motivation. I do not believe what "I can give to the company". I believe in what the "company can give to me" lol.

not always...ill take indoors anytime compared 95+ degree weather (california). Im at a Moving Company until i return to school, $11 an hour, lots of overtime $$$ and double time $$$ and tips ($100 tip last saturday), but as the summer comes im ready to change to Best Buy or Home Depot, they start off around $9 and hour and regular working hours seems nice now

585722607[/snapback]

people tip you?

does anyone know what the starting pay is in california(cause we have a higher minimum wage than in the rest of the country, so im assuming its higher than 8 bucks)?