Best Buy has Man Arrested for using $2 Bills

i can verify 90% of the negative remarks said, i worked in one of the top 5 best buy stores and its generally true about the techs and how they sell the products, theyd dont care about the customer and yes they throw extra uneeded items into the cart without the customers consent, oh and ya i worked in 2 different best buys, and have been a secret shopper for 2 others, oh and ya good luck with the rebates they rarley all come back

i was in there one time with a buddy who was picking up a usb hub. the cashier said her usual schpeel about the free magazine offer and then asked my buddy which one he wanted, not even if he wanted it. wft. i hope that guy takes them for all they're worth.

Yeah,

One of my friends used to work at Best Buy... According to him, the employees don't work on commission so they don't care what you buy, the computer techs don't know jack about computers and sometimes don't even own one. They mark up a $5000 TV by $2000 or more, and when you buy a computer, they just throw in $70 ink cartidges into your cart when you aren't looking, and so when you go to check out, you won't notice since you are already spending so much. Also, when they have sales, you know how they advertise in circulars on Sunday, they tend not to stock enough of them in the store so that when you get there, they say they ran out. Then they try to sell you something else that's more expensive so its more money for them. Yeah, I don't know why in the world anyone would ever go there, the prices suck, and there's so much deception. Instead use the internet and get the best price, and have it sent to your door! SCREW YOU BEST BUY AND YOUR SLEAZY SALES METHODS!

Drew

585741754[/snapback]

what did you smoke today man?

when you buy anything in the Bestbuys in Ontario... they don't help you check out. if it's something like a digital camera, then it's different.

The people have background information on computers, games, movies, etc.. so don't start saying bestbuy is a bunch of usless idiots.. cause they would hire people who DO know the material.. rather then a FOB.

they DO NOT throw stuff into your cart.. that is ILLEGAL buddy. they would never ever do that. i see BS written all over that. they always give me the box, or whatever it is, and i walk up to the counter myself, and check out. if you don't know what is being scanned, and why it is, STOP AND ASK.. but thats such BULL ****, it's not even true.

Bestbuy is the BESTBUY.. it's prices are very low infact.. i dont know where you are shopping... but you need to change your thoughts about bestbuy from one bad experience, or reading stories on the web.. and actually shop there yourself.

i think bangbang023 (s-mod) works there.. and i don't think he tosses **** into peoples carts.

i think bangbang023 (s-mod) works there.. and i don't think he tosses **** into peoples carts.

he didn't say everybody does it mate. and yes we know it is illegal but some people break the law :)

the real problem here is the stupidity of the cashier. she obviously never has seen 2$ bills, and obviously forgot, or never received training on what to do when you think someone is using counterfeit bills.

1. you accept the bills, no questions asked.

2. you don't draw attention to the bills, or the person.

3. make sure you remember what the person looks like,

4. once the transaction is done, immediately tell manager/security.

it is a FEDERAL crime to USE counterfit money. and it's not a crime if the money is never used (same thing with hiring hit-men, you can talk about killing someone, but unless there is a "transaction" nothing will happen). so say the guy was paying with a fake 2$ bills and the cashier refused to take them, the guy would never have commited a crime. everything best buy did was WRONG PERIOD. the guy would win a lawsuit against best buy. its best buy's responsibility to train cashiers...

and ****, what are the other customers in line doing? I know if I saw a dumb ass cashier refusing 2$ bills, I would set them straight right there... the world is FULL OF IDIOTS and Darwinism fails with humanity.... such a shame :(

it is a FEDERAL crime to USE counterfit money. and it's not a crime if the money is never used (same thing with hiring hit-men, you can talk about killing someone, but unless there is a "transaction" nothing will happen). so say the guy was paying with a fake 2$ bills and the cashier refused to take them, the guy would never have commited a crime.  everything best buy did was WRONG PERIOD. the guy would win a lawsuit against best buy. its best buy's responsibility to train cashiers...

Just manufacturing counterfeit currency is a crime:

http://www.ustreas.gov/usss/money_law.shtml

"Manufacturing counterfeit United States currency or altering genuine currency to increase its value is a violation of Title 18, Section 471 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both. "

"Manufacturing counterfeit United States currency or altering genuine currency to increase its value is a violation of Title 18, Section 471 of the United States Code and is punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both. "

585748398[/snapback]

yeah if you use it they are going to ask you where you got it so they can find the people that are counterfeiting it, so that they can bust people at the source.

lol i just wish it worked the same way with piracy online. :cool:

585748398[/snapback]

assuming there is evidence that the guy actually manufactured it and didnt get it from somebody else.

585747766[/snapback]

Yes, he does work there along with myself. Too bad people these days judge a company from what they read on the web or from what they hear others say.

They do for the little stuff... 30$ for a USB Cable?

585747650[/snapback]

Totally agree.

My friend went there to get a crossover cat 5 cable and it cost $ 35.99. You can make them at home for less than $ 5.00 bucks.

goes to show you that the GOVERNMENT is stupid. we should overthrow them all!! lol... lets end George Bush's "Reign of Terror". hes the real idiot. i might not be american, but i know that much  :laugh:

585747641[/snapback]

This has very little to do with the government. You're the idiot here.

• 2 weeks later...
On a side note, has anyone ever been unfortunate enough to have to unload a $1 coin? People look at you like you're paying them in candy wrappers. I hate those things.

585741288[/snapback]

Never had a really major issue other than buying something for 4 dollars and change and giving the cashier 5 dollars in those. She looked at me like I was retarded and told me that I needed to give her the correct amount or please leave the line. She thought I had given her $1.25.

I feel a boycott of Best Buy ensuing.  That is murdeous to do something like that to someone.  But the police were ust doing their job.  Oh well.

585741280[/snapback]

Is there a way for me to boycott your posts? I don't want to have to read another one of your senseless statements.

In France you could pay a 200? thing with 10 cents coins, they MUST take all those coins. That's in the law. You can even (if you know your bank account number) write it on a Post-It, put the amount of money you have to pay, you put the date and the time, and where you're writing this, and sign it. Voil?, that's a cheque. The store MUST accept it. You can go and say "this dude refused my home made cheque", and he'll have to accept your little yellow PostIt. France has some cool laws to *iss stores o:devil:il:

The main reason why most Americans don't know about the $2 bill is that during WWII the Nazis had a plan to flood the US economy with fake $2 bills and they were stopped for a time, but when they came back most people considered them to be bad luck and thus didn't want to use them.

In Canada we don't have a $1 or $2 bill. They are both coins called a Loonie (A loon on its back) for the $1 coin and the Toonie for the $2 coin. Canadian money is also much more difficult to fake than American money is. So, you could say that our money is loonie toonie. :)

585741784[/snapback]

canadian 1's and 2's are still out there and still legal, albiet rare, like the 1000's. and faking our currency.... working at the bank, we get alot of em. im not sure what you mean more difficult to fake. it only gets around from person to person store to store. you cant fool the bank but you can always fool the cashier/person, taking the money.

Edited by linsook

I received the 2 dollar bills as change when I used to go to a few strip clubs when I lived in the US; was pretty amazed at the fact there were these kinds of bills in existence. Now I have a few 2 dollar Canadian bills laying around here also; got those as a joke when I got some birthday money.

Is there a way for me to boycott your posts?  I don't want to have to read another one of your senseless statements.

585806977[/snapback]

yea, click on their name to go to their profile, then ignore user