Disabled Girl Punched, Forced To Perform sex acts

But once you start talking about killing people, doesn't that just reenforce that throwing away lives is normal and that redemption is impossible? Part of the darkness people like this find themselves in is the idea that they are worthless and that there is nothing they can do to change and make amens.

.. but I agree with your points on education ;)

585768534[/snapback]

When you educate people, there will be less of a need for anything remotely resembling redemption. If anything, ignorance and fear is what propeled this situation in the first place. You can't just let what happened go without something harsher than jailtime, you just can't. Also, you can't just let this type of behavior be seen as something that just gets jailtime. This is the lowest of the low. This is something that 99% of people would never do, and its needs to be treated and shunned as much.

Let's-torture-'em response to crime is A+ hilarity.

(1) Torture is BEYOND eye-for-an-eye. That's not justice, it's not even revenge. It's way past that. Hours-long torture is not even pretending to be an appropriate punishment for punching someone in the face and then sexually humiliating them.

What do you think this girl went through? The kids that did this aren't going to learn anything from jailtime. They are going to think "man, I shouldnt have done that, because it was stupid and landed me in here." At least with torture you drill it into their head that they deserve what they got, that "maybe I'm being treated like **** because I am ****." And you know what, chances are they will never learn ANYTHING because you just had to have NO conscience to do something like that.

(2) If they're really 'animals', it's not going to do anything. Animals aren't particularly brilliant thinkers, you'll recall; they don't always think things through, and they don't really appear to be capable of regret, either. So, your supposed justification for this doesn't even logically work out. It's just an excuse you use to separate your sadism from their sadism.

Hey, looks like I already answered this.

(3) People can be rehabilitated. To just assume that ANIMALS ARE ANIMALS, THAT'S THAT is a completely moronic way of thinking.

You can't change some people. I know it better than most people. I have to work with these kinds of individuals. I've seen it firsthand. Pedophiles will never change, etc. You can't say for sure that people can change unless you have real life experience.

(4) Not sure if this is your intention or just poor wording on your part, but acting like crimes committed against one group of people are worse than the same crimes committed against any other group of people is pretty chauvinistic behaviour. What they did wasn't justified for any person, disabled, young, female, or otherwise.

I can not believe that you're honestly advocating physically torturing high-school kids. That isn't a matter-of-fact 'well it's only logical' response; that's a violent, barbaric, primitive, vindictive response. Way to show 'em who's civilised and who's not.

Doing this to a disabled girl only showed the cowardice and depth of psychosis these kids have. How many people could do something like this? And I don't know how you can tell me I can't put anymore weight on certain kinds of people who are the victims when you yourself less weight on a PERPETRATOR for being a high schooler. Your priorities are wrong here. You gotta defend the right people. I advocate torturing anybody who would do this to ANYBODY. This is a special case that just made my blood boil due to its even more vile circumstances. Also, show THEM who is civilized? What do they care? Who cares what they care? How can you even compare myself to the sheer audacity of what those kids did? You're not any better than me or anybody else who would like them flogged for saying this, so cut the crap.

Lav-Chan may be taking a lot of stick for saying that torture is taking things to far, but he has got a point.  Dont get me wrong, i think they deserve a harsher punishment than jail, but sometimes its best to go the toned down, lawful route.

E.g. (bit of a tangent i know)  Bin Laden would probably be happy to kill any citizen in the western world in any indescribably cruel way.  However, If the US army had gone the "eye for an eye" route , killing citizens when they invaded Afganistan and cruelly excecuting any prisoners, that would have increased terrorism in the world as brothers, sisters friends etc would seek revenge, just as people are for this girl.  Sometimes to acheive the best way to make things better, criminals dont get what they deserve.

Ie if anyone tortured these schooolkids for what they did, their friends would be as justified torturing you as you were torturing him.  Its why gang killings in my city are getting crazy, it just goes back and forth as revenge is got for other acts of revenge

585768610[/snapback]

Yes, that was a tangent because simply put, more people would think that being a "freedom fighter" or "terrorist" is the same thing. People there think that we are evil because we eventually kill their children, etc. This is something completely different because only a tiny percentage of the world's population would do something like this. I know that it doesnt make things right, but when you have something so despicable that even most of the prison population would beat your ass for it, well, you can see how jailtime is definitely not harsh enough for this crime.

Here's another article with more details.

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- A 16-year-old disabled girl was punched and forced to engage in videotaped sexual acts with several boys in a high school auditorium as dozens of students watched, according to witnesses.

Authorities are investigating and no charges have been filed in the alleged attack last month at Mifflin High School. Four boys suspected of involvement were sent home and have not returned to class.

All 4 boys are known to be IE fanboys who have criticized FireFox repeatedly in a sadistic manner.

585768648[/snapback]

Die. Just die. Posting that is just sick in light of the story.

See this is what I'm talking about, people. Almost all of us think this is sick and have expressed outrage and this jerk decides to toss in a funny. Hmmm, maybe we should rehabilitate him? Hey justlooking, forget me telling you to die, would you like to go through a program for 8 weeks so you can realize this is wrong to say? Oh well, the more I talk, the more certain people will think I want you tortured when I can just ignore you or assume that you're not that big an ass and just wanted to see our reactions. Good job there. Bright future ahead of you.

Edited by neoufo51

More to this case than we originally thought...

Principal fired over sex assault inaction

Attack on special-ed student, 16, was taped

By James Dao

New York Times News Service

Published April 13, 2005

A high school principal in Columbus, Ohio, has been fired and three assistant principals suspended without pay because they failed to notify the police last month about accusations that a 16-year-old special-education student had been sexually assaulted in the school auditorium by a group of boys, one of whom videotaped the attack, school officials said Tuesday.

The principal and her assistants not only didn't report the incident but also urged the girl's father to avoid calling police out of concerns that news reporters would become aware of the assault, according to statements given to school investigators.

Columbus police are investigating four teenage boys in connection with the incident, and no charges have been filed, spokeswoman Sherry Mercurio said Tuesday.

A spokesman for the school district declined to say whether the boys, whose names were not released, had been suspended.

The incident, early on the afternoon of March 9, was first reported by The Columbus Dispatch.

The district released statements this week from an investigation that described a chaotic, vacillating response to the girl's complaint and an overarching concern about the tape by administrators at 835-student Mifflin High School.

One witness' statement said a boy pulled the girl onto the auditorium stage, ordered her to be quiet, pushed her to her knees and forced her to perform oral sex on him.

"If you scream, I'll have all my boys punch you," the boy told her and then punched her in the face, causing her mouth to bleed, a student reported.

The girl told a special-education teacher minutes after the incident that she had been forced to have oral sex with two boys behind a curtain on the stage while at least two others watched. She said the boys stopped only after someone arrived in the auditorium.

A special-education teacher, Lisa Upshaw, told the investigators that administrators had not called the girl's father immediately after learning about the attack.

An assistant principal, Richard Watson, urged the father not to go to the school to pick up his daughter until after the end of the school day "to avoid a confrontation with the suspects," Upshaw told the investigators.

When the father arrived, he asked whether the school administration was going to call the police, Upshaw said in her statement.

"Mr. Watson said, `No, we don't want to do that. We don't want the police,"' Upshaw told the investigators.

The father stepped into the hallway and called the police on his cell phone.

Watson and other administrators told investigators that the principal, Regina Crenshaw, also advised the father to avoid calling police, the investigation report says. She recommended he report the incident to a police officer who usually was stationed at the school.

Crenshaw did not return calls to her home. Efforts to find Watson were not successful.

In his statement to investigators, Watson said he had told the father not to call 911 out of concerns that the police dispatcher's radio calls would be picked up by television news reporters, which might cause the girl "further mental trauma." But he said he hadn't tried to dissuade the father from calling the police on a non-emergency line.

When he viewed the videotape with other administrators, they concluded that the sex was consensual, Watson and other administrators told investigators.

Watson and two other assistant principals, Suzie Retterer-Helfrich and Vincent Clarno, were suspended without pay late last month. They will be reassigned to new schools when they return to work Tuesday.

The administrators are pretty damn sick.

I'm wondering what is the most duscusting thing?

Is is the act of the morons or the fact that the principal never called police!

I hope the principal gets in jail too god damn take your responsability!!

this article seriously made me ****ed. chode, im right with u on this one..

i feel like gathering up some people and going over to those guys house and Smashing the crap out of them, theres no other way to it.. justice itself will not be enough, these ppl should be shot and killed and then shot again.. any1 with me

This is the sickest thing i have ever heard. I dont think any punishment will be enough for these people, I just hope that they have a **** life with the shame of that on their names

Die. Just die. Posting that is just sick in light of the story.

See this is what I'm talking about, people. Almost all of us think this is sick and have expressed outrage and this jerk decides to toss in a funny. Hmmm, maybe we should rehabilitate him? Hey justlooking, forget me telling you to die, would you like to go through a program for 8 weeks so you can realize this is wrong to say? Oh well, the more I talk, the more certain people will think I want you tortured when I can just ignore you or assume that you're not that big an ass and just wanted to see our reactions. Good job there. Bright future ahead of you.

585768714[/snapback]

Just chill neoufo51. You're angrier at a guy who tried to lighten a heavy thread with a joke than you are at the people who committed this crime. That's just plain silly.

When I read this...I wanted to just punch my computer. That is the most DISGUSTING THING EVER. I can't ****ing believe some boys would do that and dozens of students just watched it happen.

I would have run right up to them and beat them so badly they would never be recognized again and be treated like mutant freaks for the rest of their lives. I would seriously just wail on people like that. And to think the ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL told the father that maybe he shouldnt call the police because of the MEDIA! Just upon hearing that I would have slugged the principal in the face too!

Taking advantage of disabled kids is the most disgusting thing ever. I want those boys tortured. I mean it. I dont just want jail sentences, I want them gang raped to see what it feels like. Then I want them tied up and beaten, I want them to undergo the full Gestapo treatment in front of each other so that they can see what real pain is like,  and THEN jailed for the rest of their lives. Then right before their natural death at an old age, I want the whole procedure done once again till they flatline.  People like those high school boys should NEVER be allowed to see sunlight after doing that.  :angry:

585768241[/snapback]

i agree with you fully regarding those boy's punishment...

you kno in our religion..

ISLAM...

these boys get DEATH SENTENCE...

and well...

the whole school was witness...

DEATH SENTENCE to these boyz...

What kind of f**king sons of _____________ (fill in as applicable) would do this. This is disturbing. Somebody get the boys names, and post them on Neowin. Get the names, put them on your billboards and telephone poles. These guys need 9 lashes. And what about the people who were watching? If I were that girls father I would be ramming a few rusty nails into the baseball bat and paying those guys a visit. I remember one incident where a woman was forced to give oral sex to a man and she bit of his penis, perhaps a couple of wild dogs will do the trick. And the school, I have no comment. I must contain my rage of the educational establishment. There is no justice in the world.

The Girl should have bitten ...HARD.  Its difficult to imagine the mentality of the guys who did this, how do people manage to be brought up without even a hint of a conscience?

At least the headmaster got sacked.  I hate the "hide our problems, were a nice school really" mentallity.

585768559[/snapback]

She was mentally retarded and threatened with violence, I am not surpised she allowed it to happen. Just consdier here a 6 year old girl doing what a 16 year old boy tells her to do.

,Apr 13 2005, 04:48]man, that is just sick and wrong...and worse that dozens of people WATCHED, and let it go on.

that really was a horrible thing to do! it really is unbelievable that people would actually do it, and let it happen.

585768589[/snapback]

Bystander Efffect

Not uncommon, unfortnately.

Guys, don't forget that this is in a Special Class/Special School. These boys are also mentally retarded and do not know any better, some have intellectual disabilities that makes them unable to understand the concept of "No" or not getting their own way. The boys too would also have the mentality of a 6 year old and when they start growing pubes they simply don't have the mental comprehension to control their urges.

This is a pretty bad situation, but unfortunately these types of situations are not uncommon in Special Education. I would hope that this is as bad as it has ever got, some of these kids would be quite capable of killing each other and every one of these students could always plead insanity in court for whatever they do, in court.

I get chills even thinking about that, especially since I have a daughter that is young. Even if she is disabled or not its wrong as cna be. Society these days has came to a new low.

Now where are those little smart *ss kids that did it :devil:

Guys, don't forget that this is in a Special Class/Special School. These boys are also mentally retarded and do not know any better, some have intellectual disabilities that makes them unable to understand the concept of "No" or not getting their own way. The boys too would also have the mentality of a 6 year old and when they start growing pubes they simply don't have the mental comprehension to control their urges.

This is a pretty bad situation, but unfortunately these types of situations are not uncommon in Special Education. I would hope that this is as bad as it has ever got, some of these kids would be quite capable of killing each other and every one of these students could always plead insanity in court for whatever they do, in court.

585769251[/snapback]

I didn't see anywhere mentioned that the attackers were Special Ed...

I didn't see anywhere mentioned that the attackers were Special Ed...

585769333[/snapback]

I tried to check the Mifflin High School web site, but by the look of it, it doesn't look like a special school. But the Article said:

Her father said the girl is developmentally disabled. A special education teacher said the teen has a severe speech impediment.

The norm is for Special Education Students to be with other Special Ed Students in Special Ed Classes. And if there was a Special Education hired too, so logic would say that there was a Special Education Teacher in charge of a Special Education Class with Special Education Students.