The OFFICIAL Windows XP SP1 Thread

yo this is so funny... LOL i was almost waiting for a post like this... hehe....

LOL....

8:28am - Who Hoo I got SP1

8:30am - How can i get rid of SP1!!

LOL - you people are so funny sometimes.. you chase it down for weeks then finally get it to delete it right after.. :)

Originally posted by SHoTTa35

yo this is so funny... LOL i was almost waiting for a post like this... hehe....

LOL....

8:28am - Who Hoo I got SP1

8:30am - How can i get rid of SP1!!

LOL - you people are so funny sometimes.. you chase it down for weeks then finally get it to delete it right after.. :)

whats the command again format C: ?

Unsanity;

I'll have your FTP account ready so you can restore all your files :)

What are friends for?

Originally posted by acidbrnd

That's not hard to get. Better would be the SP1 intergrated iso install.

Why would you want to go to all that trouble to download that when its still 'beta' ? :)

Originally posted by mh508

I'm sure in a few days after the SP1 release there will be some kind of a workarround for both of these :cheeky:

Kind Regards to the neowinians out there, and good luck to those you 'are no better than they should be' :p

Raptor

There has been a workaround for ages, before anyone even knew of SP1's existance. You have to use the blue list, i mean the force. ;) Im sure there will pop up a 'fixed' version for people that want to hang on the the key starting FCKGW though :) they will prolly attempt it just to see if they can do it. lol.

Originally posted by RobertH

Why would you want to go to all that trouble to download that when its still 'beta' ? :)

The same reason I download the .NET beta's :D To test them :p

Originally posted by mh508

Guys, SP1 will refuse to install on leaked-key windows XP systems and simultaniously disable Windows Update because you tried to cheat off of Microsoft! Double trouble for those guys who will try it!

So summing up:

If you try to install SP1 on a Windows XP (warezed key) it will:

1. Refuse to run and install

2. Disable Windows Update as a penalty for thinking you can beat Microsoft :evil:

I'm sure in a few days after the SP1 release there will be some kind of a workarround for both of these :cheeky:

Kind Regards to the neowinians out there, and good luck to those you 'are no better than they should be' :p

Raptor

some people own xp ;)

Interesting as i have SP1 with XP installed on here and i have no problems with it. Beats the hell outta me why u guys would wanna get rid of it...OH my bad maybe cuz ur using the FCKGW key :p:p:P

There is already another Volume License Key which SP1 doesn't pick up, that will be doing to rounds very very quickly.

lol thnx god no evil beta tester read these ;) im sure they wood post all links to ms anyway... im testing it tomorow, firstly will try the workaround and then install on a retail xp (thnx ms for my 5 free copies ;)

will keep you informed

SP-1 is being developed with the antitrust case in mind, with MS allowing various middleware products to be removed by the end user. This is so competing products will be allowed to be installed, all in the name of competition

My question about this procedure is this:-

What will the companies that have been leading the fight for "the consumers right to choose" do if even with these modifications MS products and not theirs take pride of place on the desktop and beyond?

I for one wont be putting this removal feature to good use when I get SP1 in August, and was just wondering who feels the same, or whether you will be using it

- ramesees

I used to go through all that mess too... Now i've learned. I'll just wait till RTW AND the crack and then install it. :rambo:

That's what i really like about XP and 2K: you only have to reinstall every 6 months. That used to be 2 (with luck :p)

Well, if anyone has screenies that are more convincing then the mr. magoo ones i might consider a beta install.... oh no, it's M$, don't :lick:

I *love* sp1

Seems to have fixed a small memory leak and now it uses less ram (or maybe my mind deceives me ;) )

I certainly will get sp1 on my system when it goes final.