Photo

UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
256 replies to this topic

#241 Huffen-M-Lorr

Huffen-M-Lorr

Neowinian

Posted 08 May 2006 - 03:56

Thank **** for the file,.. I HATE the look of default Windows,... AND ,.. I also HATE Stardock/Windowblinds, it's like they're getting away with selling Ice to Eskimos.. money grabbing bastards. :crazy:

#242 mauseum

mauseum

Just take it easy, man.

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 4G

Posted 08 May 2006 - 14:59

Tell us what you really think :p

#243 Qubezo

Qubezo

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 12 May 2006 - 16:09

can i know how to unload this patch? Coz it make my com like.. screwed up n programme seems to load slower

#244 vetdreamz

dreamz

discreet artist

Posted 12 May 2006 - 16:27

can i know how to unload this patch? Coz it make my com like.. screwed up n programme seems to load slower

just replace the file with the old one.

but don't do that yet. uxtheme.dll doesn't affect performance. the file is exactly the same except that it's unlocked and allows you to use unsigned styles. that does not affect the computer's performance. i suggest you identify the problem first instead of worrying about uxtheme files.

#245 EL

EL

Professional Sleeper

Posted 12 May 2006 - 22:53

File not found

#246 cfish828

cfish828

Neowinian

Posted 13 May 2006 - 03:52

Oh,I can not download the file too~ :(

#247 Rowain

Rowain

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:17

Thanks for 404ing without saying anything...

EDIT: Nevermind, just found another one here: http://www.freewaref...programid=18733

#248 Slarlac249

Slarlac249

Conquest FTW!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 15:25

Can i have the uxtheme.dll 6.0.2900.2523.
email mohan_168 at hotmail.com

the latest uxtheme.dll is .2845 it's in hotfix KB908536.

#249 Draiden

Draiden

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 20 May 2006 - 16:25

Wow...that this thread is still active and alive after so many months is simply amazing.

Maybe it would have been best had I never come across it in the first place. Here's why:

While looking up howto get around using StyleXP to use 3rd-party themes, I came across this whole buncha' info. on the 'uxtheme.dll' file and how to replace it.

I ended up using the UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 4.0...it worked, seemingly, flawlessly. However, when I reset the computer, it takes forever to load up, and when something does show up, it's just my windows desktop background. Nothing else shows up. Not the start bar, nor the desktop icons, nor anything else.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE still can bring up Task Manager, which I can use to "bring back" explorer.exe by running something else, like Control Panel. Tsak Manager Processes says that explorer.exe is running everytime I start the computer, but nothing shows up.

I think it's because the Patcher replaced my default ver. of uxtheme.dll file (5.1.2100.2562) with another version that doesn't match. I also have no Windows CD to restore my default uxtheme.dll file.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I think I read in a previous post that installing StyleXP fixes your uxtheme.dll file somehow. I'd just like everything to be restored the way it was.

#250 vetdreamz

dreamz

discreet artist

Posted 22 May 2006 - 14:53

i should really remove the link or something. v4.0 is old and may not work on newer systems. please remember to use the correct version when replacing the file.

are you able to get into the drive at all, either through another computer, linux, or the recovery console? if you have a backup, just rename or delete uxtheme.dll, then rename the backup to uxtheme.dll.

#251 Scummy Jim

Scummy Jim

Neowinian

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:07

I'm a bit new to this site, but I here you're the guys to talk to about uxtheme.dll.

From what I've gleaned after skimming this thread is that a recent XP update installed a new uxtheme.dll, overwriting the patched version I was using. This has lead to my custom theme resetting to Luna every time I restart. And I understand that the UXtheme Autopatcher v4.0 is out of date.

So I guess my question is obvious; is there an updated patcher that will patch the file up to it's current working version, or at least a hacked uxtheme.dll file that is up to date? Any help would be great, thanks!

#252 Scummy Jim

Scummy Jim

Neowinian

Posted 23 May 2006 - 08:41

Well, looks like I found what I was looking for, but it didn't solve anything. Themes keep resetting on every reboot. The selected theme in the theme window is my custom one, but the desktop still looks like Luna. I can reselect my custom theme and apply it, and all will look right. Then I reboot and it's back to looking like Luna.

Dammit, my machine has just turned into a big god-damn nuisance box.

#253 vetdreamz

dreamz

discreet artist

Posted 23 May 2006 - 14:12

make sure you put the visual style in the correct directory: http://www.neowin.ne...howtopic=339820

#254 Nitrius

Nitrius

Neowinian

Posted 23 May 2006 - 16:17

What is the latest version of UXTheme Patcher? and where can i get it?

#255 SS64

SS64

Neowinian

Posted 27 June 2006 - 07:09

What is the latest version of UXTheme Patcher? and where can i get it?

Same Question.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!