Blue Ice Final (sort of) :)

Ok first i would like to apologise for the amount of Blue Ice threads :)

Ok now thats out of the way im proud to announce the Blue Ice is available for download..... Im gonna try and hack into the dll to change names/backgrounds/highlightcolours/etc..... so expect a newer version at a later date....

So without further ado: Blue Ice Finalish :)

I still can't get it to show up. When I double click the theme file, the display window comes up and it just shows the default theme. I can get any other themes to work, just not this one. I have styles XP, so shouldn't it work?

Help me out

jgallen, what u need to do is to set your theme to the original silver theme first, then double click on the theme file...the new theme should appear.....

btw great work ArcticFox :) looking forward to more updates !!

if you want to use a custom theme that is not included with XP then you will need to install Styles XP so you can get the hacked dll. A hacked .dll is needed because XP checks for a digital signature on its themes and the custom themes dont have one. make sure you reboot after you install styles xp.

download styles xp here: http://www.tgtsoft.com/download.html

-bigtiger

Well...

I must confess that having installed a lot of other Themes (Aqua, XP red, XP Styles) i am unable to use yr theme.

Everytime i click on it (i must do this because Blueice isn't even listed in themes present on muy computer - i solved this by modifyin the [Theme] section in yr .theme file) the only theme i got is the standard WinXP theme.

Quite Strange.

XP Styles is installed.

Any suggestions?

CIao from Italy

Oki i set up the Windows XP theme in silver.

Then i double click on Blueice.theme. Guess what? The Windows XP BLUE theme shows up.

I regret to say i don't think i am getting crazy... but this do not seems to work.

Ciao

I always use this theme by double clicking on the .msstyles file int he blue ice folder... of course it'll set it to blue, becasue that's the first color cheme of that file... when you double click it, you'll be taken to the properties box witht eh blue theme in the preview window, jsut head on over to the appearance tab THEN change it to silver.

i think the reason why some people cant view the theme is cuz theres another theme using the silver theme in windows xp, ie the blue start button silver theme, so you gotta get rid of that ebfore you dobule click the blue ice, then it works!