Bought a new car!

:D :D :D

Wasn't expecting it either, It happened so quick!

I traded in my old 2004 Chevy Aveo for a 2005 Ford Focus ZX4 Fully Loaded. It did cost me a lot, and my monthly payments are going to $100 more a month, but I feel it's worth it...

My Aveo was so full of problems. One of my shocks was making a noise when you hit speedbumps, There was a electrical problem in the car, Gas cap kept breaking, Dent on the side of the car along with ton of scrachs.

It was just a overall crappy car.. I didn't feel safe driving it because when it's windy, I would almost loose control of the car because of how light it was. The car was very cheaply made.. I just didn't feel safe in it. Didn't have power locks or windows or anything.. was a very basic car. Paid $12,000 for it new.

This new focus is simply amazing!!! My mom bought one about a year ago used 2001 and she has around 140,000 miles on it, and her car runs great! This car feels soooo much safer, I have power everything AND keyless entry.. Also have a 6 CD MP3 Sterio as well... This car is simply amazing!!!

I couldn't be any happier right now. Have to go back to the car dealership tommorrow to finish the paper work.. I just hope that they don't notice the dent or bad gas cap on my aveo and deside to drop the deal, but I signed a million papers today and was able to drive it home tonight... so who knows :-)

post-16711-1114232859.jpg

post-16711-1114233343.jpg

:no: for $12,000 you could have got your self a VERY nice used car..

i don't get how people by cheap ass elantra, accent, daewoo for 12g's when they are really crap.

i don't get how people by cheap ass elantra, accent, daewoo for 12g's when they are really crap.

585820977[/snapback]

yeah a full luxury from 5 years ago. thats what i would do. but people like new cars - even if its cheaper car - but its brand new.

585820977[/snapback]

Lol...

I was just looking through the newspaper.

2002 Daewoo Lanos, 12,000 miles, excellent condition; $3,250.

It even had a picture, and the thing looked nice...

Such a POS car. :laugh:

Yep. Definently get used. Buying new is never a good idea with cars because they lose value so quickly.. Just make sure you get a carfax report and a warantee. and make sure you take it to a mechanic FIRST!!!

I was wanting to go used this time, but I couldn't get approved for a loan because well, the used SUV I was looking at was looking at was $8800, but since they would only give me $7500 on my car and I sitll owe $10500.. The bank wouldn't approve the loan on ANY used car.

I was able to get a new car ONLY because of the rebates, because it just about covered the difference between my payoff and trade in value.

I wasn't able to get the exact Ford Focus I wanted and posted about. I ended up getting a silver one which is more basic, No power windows, locks, and just a basic CD player. Still, I'm really happy with the car and it's much better than the Aveo.

Another good thing is.. My payments are only going to be $300 a month, which is really nice :-)

ford focus are extremely reliable cars, i hope youre happy with your purchase.

now add some 20 inch rims a huge spoiler paint it neon green and mack it to a girl next to the mcdonalds

...ill stop talking bow :$

I was wanting to go used this time, but I couldn't get approved for a loan because well, the used SUV I was looking at was looking at was $8800, but since they would only give me $7500 on my car and I sitll owe $10500.. The bank wouldn't approve the loan on ANY used car.

I was able to get a new car ONLY because of the rebates, because it just about covered the difference between my payoff and trade in value.

I wasn't able to get the exact Ford Focus I wanted and posted about. I ended up getting a silver one which is more basic, No power windows, locks, and just a basic CD player. Still, I'm really happy with the car and it's much better than the Aveo.

Another good thing is.. My payments are only going to be $300 a month, which is really nice :-)

585827522[/snapback]

so how much was the total price of your new car? and your down payment? $300 a month for a focus sounds like you got raped on that deal.

i got a 05 altima, 5,000 down + 1,500 rebate and $250 a month

so how much was the total price of your new car? and your down payment? $300 a month for a focus sounds like you got raped on that deal.

i got a 05 altima, 5,000 down + 1,500 rebate and $250 a month

585828031[/snapback]

It was around $14,000. I only paid $500 down, and remember, I have a $3000 debt as well.

They gave me $7500 for my old car, but the payoff was $10,500.. So they had to figure in the $3000.

I got ripped off on my old car and well, I'm pretty much paying for it now. The dealership had $2875 in rebates so that helped A LOT, and my job also is in partnership with FORD so I was able to be put on X PLAN for a extra discount...

All I know is I was able to get the car under invoice. If it wasn't for the rebates and my work discount, I wouldn't have this car right now.

I don't care.. I know I'm paying more than I should, but I'm just happy I have a car that is acctually reliable and decent.

That Aveo was a piece of crap.

This is an actual picture of my car...

post-16711-1114549161_thumb.jpg

i actually have both an aveo and a focus. i cant stand driving the aveo b/c:

well... other than the fact its my moms car and has tweety bird stickers all over it:

1) Its automatic, my focus is a stick. I hate automatics.

2) it handles like a boat. i can hug turns in my focus (well, it has a upgraded suspension and will be lowered very very soon) but still. i've driven stock foci that can take turns better than that aveo.

3) problems up the butt. the rear seatbelts lock for no reason. the front passenger side strut squeaks. the steering wheel is like 1.5 feet wide.

btw congrats on the focus. its a great car :)