Photo

HackCAM promo video

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:52

Nothing is needed once you download this video and watch it. It may just save CS: Source.

HCPromo video

Note, I'm not putting a description of what this video is about for a specific reason: I want you all to be as excited about it as I am! WOOHOO!

Let's hear some comments!

*Edit* The video uses WM9 codec, so just make sure you can watch WM9 encoded stuff*

#2 kalizar

kalizar

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 4S

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:06

wow thats awesome :o

#3 vferreira

vferreira

Neowinian

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:24

downloading it.... i give my opinion in a minutes :p

edit: is has a few months old but a nice demonstration of what can ruin a game like cs

Edited by vferreira, 28 April 2005 - 08:31.

#4 OP vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:40

downloading it.... i give my opinion in a minutes :p
edit: is has a few months old but a nice demonstration of what can ruin a game like cs

View Post

I'm guessing you might have missed the point of the video vferreira, but that's ok :)

HackCAM is made to track and discover hackers in CSS. If you notice the top left corner in that little box, HC will show what might be used such as a lockbot (aimbot) or wall hack or something else like a no recoil script. Notice how it says several times "pre-aim detected" or "pre-fire detected" etc

This video is not a hacker video, it is not showing a wall hack. It's an anti-hack/cheat tool for people to use. You can use it when you are either dead or in spectator mode from what I've read about it. HC has been in beta testing for awhile now, but I can't find any other information on it, nor if it will even be released anytime soon. Here's hoping it will be, and server admins will implement it.

#5 Chode

Chode

Neowinian Misanthropist

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:49

Why not just wait for VAC2?

#6 HellBender

HellBender

He'll bend your hell.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:51

I've heard about this... Eh, once its released, the hackers can see the alogrithms used to detect hacks and modify their hacks to not be detected. Plus, there's a huge number of false positives on this.

#7 OP vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:56

Why not just wait for VAC2?

View Post

Because not every server will run VAC2, and VAC2 certainly won't be perfect.

I've heard about this... Eh, once its released, the hackers can see the alogrithms used to detect hacks and modify their hacks to not be detected. Plus, there's a huge number of false positives on this.

View Post

It isn't perfect no, but it is a step in the right direction. If VAC2 EVER gets released to the general server public and this is implemented and updated regulary, it'll be interesting.

#8 vferreira

vferreira

Neowinian

Posted 28 April 2005 - 11:09

i agree with you LOC :)

i must have explain bad myself, the program itself i too think is a must have in all the servers, why not have vac2 and HC :)

The cheating itself was the thing that ruins the game.
Has a CS player being able to see if someone who kills me is cheater it is great, at least to not call a cheater to someone who is just a better player than myself :)

#9 Xerus

Xerus

Internet Superstar

Posted 28 April 2005 - 17:04

Its a nice idea, but it makes me worry about the future of LAN hacking. I'm in college, and on my floor when a bunch of people go into a CS server, whoever is dead will tell the others where people are. Now, imagine if that dead person can use the hack cam and then spectate one of their friends.

It would go a little something like this:
"Aim down, down, to the left. Alright shoot. YOU GOT HIM! AHAHA HA HAHAHAA!!!!!"
Repeat.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what this hackcam is, but if its what I think it is then it may be bad news.

#10 nofear.banzai

nofear.banzai

Resident One Post Wonder

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:11

Looks great gentlemen. I do have one criticism however.

The Pre-Aim judgement is flawed in some areas. I normally line myself up for a shot in certain areas and fire before i get there incase my reactions are too slow. This normally ends up me firing at nothing but its just a precaution that i take. It also has that nasty tendency that when you're lining yourself up for a shot of a popular area, such as strafe in and shoot, an enemy runs round the corner and blasts you in the side of the head :p

Just wondering how you guys are going to compensate for that? or is this to do with the point system?

Thankyou.

#11 Fog Dogg

Fog Dogg

Neowinian

Posted 23 May 2005 - 08:01

Wow, thats pretty sweet... Thanks for the vid.

#12 spiffy0517

spiffy0517

Neowinian

Posted 24 May 2005 - 12:19

my thoughts are the same as bonzai's, when i used to be big on cs i used to place my crosshair so that it would line up with head height as soon as i round the corner by following the wall, i'm pretty sure that it would do its little blinky thing and yell hacker at me.

#13 icecream

icecream

Neowinian

Posted 24 May 2005 - 15:53

omg, I didn't know such kind of cheat programs existed :s that's soooo wrong, it even doesn't look fun to play.
I hope this anticheat program or VAC2 will help the honest players

#14 Elliot B.

Elliot B.

Over 13 years on Neowin

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 24 May 2005 - 16:05

What is this showing? A video of a hacker with a 'mod' that shows where the opponents are behind walls?

#15 IceDogg

IceDogg

Dead man walking

Posted 24 May 2005 - 16:09

This is awesome, I wish I had this in my SOF2 clan learder days.