Uxtheme error

error.jpg

I get this error when installing it iv'e already installed it once :blink:

it was one and now this happends :(

can anybody help me ?

I couldn't download it from this site so iv'e downloaded it from somewhere els could that be the problem ?

• 1 month later...

Is there any chance someone could help me out by sending/uploading the uxtheme file I need?

jjackso2@ufl.edu

Below is my version:

winver.jpg

I tried that earlier (and again just now) no luck :( I get the error message "Setup has found any WindowsNT files on your c: drive" cannot continue... the same screen I saw someone else post about...

What should I do now?

Thanks for the advice though..

have you tried to replace teh uxtheme using replacer aka manuel way? I had the same problem, but replacer fix that for me, and its easy to do!

Quoted from dreamz

Make sure to backup the uxtheme before replacing

ok, let's take it slowly.

1. calm down.

2. download replacer: http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/

3. do a search for uxtheme.dll and delete all instances of that file NOT in the system32 directory.

4. use replacer to replace the default uxtheme.dll with the hacked one.

5. put visual styles in c:\windows\resources\themes. make sure the vs is in a folder with the same name, e.g. xyz.msstyles must be in a folder called "xyz."

6. look in the APPEARANCE tab under the windows and buttons section, NOT in the THEMES tab. themes =/= visual styles. a .theme is just a file that points to msstyles files, settings, icons, etc.

Alright... I've got the replace program. Now I need the hacked uxtheme.dll. Any thoughts as to where I could get that? I found a link to a site which had them in another topic here..but the link was broken.

Thanks very much,

Jason