customized the logon screen!

don't know if any1 had done it before or am i the first?!

anywayz here's a dump of what it now looks like...

btw: it ain't finished just a few things left to change, like the buttons and force it to resize the backdrop again but that's it.

::: soz 4 the large size :::

::: Customizing yo Logon screen :::

open the file LOGONUI.exe (windowssystem32) into RESHACKER

browse the bitmaps to see what can be changed (you can also add new bitmaps to include on the logon screen)

the UIFILE/1000/1033 has all the layout information in it (scroll down about half way!)

here's a lil' tut on changing the background and border colors

---------------

element [id=atom(contentcontainer)]

{

background: rgb(99,118,149); *** <--- this is the main background color

}

---------------

element [id=atom(toppanel)]

{

background: rgb(67,93,136); *** <--- this is the top border

}

---------------

element [id=atom(bottompanel)]

{

background: gradient(argb(0,60,59,98), argb(0,67,93,136), 0); *** <--- this is a gradient from the first color to the second

fontface: rcstr(2);

}

----------------

it's all basically like HTML scroll down to the end and your'll see how everything is layed out.

i'm still messing with it i'll post anyother findings.

btw: i've fixed the blue boxes under the login names

::: HAVE PHUN PPL!!! :::

it didn't work.....keep on giving me parser error..can u send me a copy of ur logonui.exe so i can try 2 see wuh i did wrong??

and i tried editing da bmp 1033 or sumthing....but it on show in da corner and fixed 2 a specific size.....

i am obviously a newb at resourcehacker....so sorry for the stupidity

u can send it 2 me on msn messenger at vu059@hotmail.com

thx

That girl on the left of your logon screen i assume thats a bitmap resource. Now how did you make her bigger than just a little box the only resource i think i can change is 100 but i just get a little tiny box. See image for more info, if its possiable could you tell me how to make the image bigger, i cant find the code (if any) in the script area

xplogin.jpg

Thanks

Greenmuncher

in reply to vu509 & greenmuncher to increase the size of the lil' top left logo you need to edit the following line...

LINE 903

where xxx is put the width e.g. 400rp (the rp @ the end is needed)

and where yyy is yep u guessed it put the height e.g. 1000rp

just make sure the image doesn't go over the login names because it slows down to a snails pace (fading etc.)

How come whenever i try to modify the logonui.exe file to change the logon on screen it goes right back to the original file and i can't change it. Can someone please help me modify the file?

Turn off SFC protection, or boot to safe mode and replace the logonui.exe .

the SFC setting can be found in the registry, under the key:

HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTWinlogon

"SFCDisable" set it to 0xffffff9d.

good luck.

Try making the logonui file Read-Only. I haven't troubleshooted this yet cause I haven't gotten around to trying it but that sounds like that's what's happening.

When you're through editing it, make it read only. I remember having to do this to some Win98 system files when you tweak 'em.