What is your favorite supercar?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite supercar?

• - Enzo
    • - McLaren F1
    • - Pagani Zonda
    • - Koenigsegg CC
    • - Saleen S7
    • - AM DB9 (yes, it's not really a supercar but it's still awesome)
    • - Skyline (for you ricers)
    • - Bugatti EB-110
    • - TVR Cerbera Speed 12
    • - any Lambo

"True" supercar: Porsche 959 or Carrera GT. I have never seen a 959 in person, but it seemed to be extremely ahead of its time.

585868897[/snapback]

Porsche Carrera GT hands down. :yes: I've seen both the Carrera GT and the 959. Coming by a 959 is very rare, since it was limited production. The one I saw was at a local dealership, in the back getting ready to be repaired; got some pictures too. :drool: It belonged to the sultan of dubai and apparently he paid a quarter million just to get it shipped here. :wacko:

The Lingenfelter Corvette... 0-60 in 1.9 seconds... 9.2 quarter.. $165,000... nothing can touch it...

585875298[/snapback]

General Information

Price:  $113,000

Miles Per Gallon:  5/31 mpg

Curb Weight:  3330 lbs

Layout:  Front-Engine/RWD

Transmission:  6-Speed Manual

Engine

Type:  Twin-Turbo V8

Displacement:  5670 cc

Horsepower:  650 bhp @ 5800 rpm

Torque:  600 lb-ft @ 5000 rpm

Redline:  6400 rpm

Performance

0-60 mph:  3.3 sec

0-100 mph:  6.7 sec

Quarter Mile:  10.8 sec @ 133.5 mph

Skidpad:  .94g

Top Speed:  226 mph

Braking, 60-0 mph:  111 ft

Slalom Speed:  70.8 mph

http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelter/lin...elter650tt.html

anyway- probably the best high quality performance car at the moment would ahve to be the Mclaren Mercedes SLR-  the Mclaren F1 still holds the faster car at 232mph- the SLR comes in at 223mph.  but the raw look of the SLR in stunning.

585875427[/snapback]

I'm afraid that the worlds fastest car is now held by the Koenigsegg CCR. McLaren did excellently to hold onto it for so long though

Jeavis is 100% correct,. the Atom is the fastest production car made right now. 600kg and 330hp. Its an open wheel race car, with lights and tags. Acceleration, 0-60 in the LOW 2's. Quarters in the 9's, well above 200mph and 4 seconds a lap faster then a superbike,. The ONLY other car faster, around the track was the F60 , and it was only by a few hundredths of a second. All for a car thats <60k dollars ( atom ), will all options.

The link I am posting has a video in it, watch it.

http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/04/frames.htm

1.4 seconds faster a lap then the Benz/mclaren SLR :pinch:

umm...the atom 2 is only 220 BRAKE Horsepower (not even at the wheels) and 196 Nm torque (man, I hate units like Nm). It's just a bloody honda vtec engine in one of these...

They are pretty cool though, but again not street legal here, which is one reason they're not popular. They list no options at all for the car, so I don't see hw oyu can say "with all options" since their philosophy is "what you see is what you get-if it doesn't need it, it hasn't got it"

Thats a base engine,

The engine I quoted is the supercharged model, that makes 330hp.

There is a link to a movie on the Atom page I posted. Watch it, its the 330 hp model with the 14inch Alcon brakes.

And do your research , diod you even read about it? They ARE legal here, in fact. On the for-sale page theres on in Washington state for sale, WITH pics on it on the road.

A quote from " Inside line "

( Available in America

The Ariel — the name harks back to an old British motorcycle manufacturer — is priced from ?19,922 ($37,350), but our road-legal test car would trouble the checkbook to the tune of ?26,244 ($49,202). It would be easy to spend more than ?35,000 ($65,000) on a 300-hp car. Most cars are sold in Britain but Saunders has already shipped rolling chassis to customers in California, Texas and Washington and is "close to signing a deal to export the car to the U.S. market." )

I would link more info from Ariel, but I am having probs connecting to their site.

There are many options available, from engines, to exhaust to wheels/tires to big brakes.

Edited by Thingfish

i meant here as in canada...canadians buy a lot of british cars, so it would open a huge market if they were legal here

you're right about the superchanged version though, I just couldn't find any info about it before. It weighs so little you wouldn't really NEED the supercharger though

Sorry Candy, didn't know you were a neighbour from the north.

From the video of the car, it looks ridiculous.

Best supercar is my renault 19 1.4 !!!!!!

Is what I can afford. And since It never broke down on my all these years (bought second hand in 99) it's my SUPERCAR :D

Unlike other folks I dont daydream about the day I'm gonna buy a ferrari or whatever.

A chopper is just as fine! lol

correction:

0-60 mph:  3.3 sec -unless you meant KPH !!?!?

0-100 mph:  6.7 sec

Quarter Mile:  10.8 sec @ 133.5 mph

Skidpad:  .94g

Top Speed:  226 mph

Braking, 60-0 mph:  111 ft

Slalom Speed:  70.8 mph

anyway- probably the best high quality performance car at the moment would ahve to be the Mclaren Mercedes SLR-  the Mclaren F1 still holds the faster car at 232mph- the SLR comes in at 223mph.  but the raw look of the SLR in stunning.

:happy:

Mclaren Mercedes SLR Top Gear Review- 48MB.

585875427[/snapback]

The ligy is faster than that sorry... http://www.fast-autos.net/lingenfelter/lin...elter427tt.html

want more proof just search around google...

Sorry Candy, didn't know you were a neighbour from the north.

From the video of the car, it looks ridiculous.

585877323[/snapback]

no problem, my fault for not specifying. Sucks that the 2 cars I really want (TVR and atom) aren't legal in canada.

no problem, my fault for not specifying. Sucks that the 2 cars I really want (TVR and atom) aren't legal in canada.

585877704[/snapback]

Why is a TVR not legal in canada? That's a shame :(