Babe Forum what do you think

79 members have voted

1. 1. Babe Forum what do you think

• Yes
    • No

Moved to Site and Forum Issues.

The babes section was taken down originally because of the load on the server (when attachments were enabled). Also, it is not something that fits in with the image of a tech news site. There are plenty of places to find babes, try searching google, or maybe going out even. :p

In all seriousness, a babes forum doesn't fit in with Neowin's image, it is hard to moderate and its not about to come back anytime soon. :)

Originally posted by aco

Moved to Site and Forum Issues.

The babes forum was moved to site and forum issues?? :D

actually, things got out of hand and the whole dropping of attachements lead to a lot of non-legal linked images on our site....

There were complaints. But too,admin felt (from what i remember)that a babes forum, ultimately was not really what neowin is all about. In order to be a successful and respected site, it was in our best interests to lose the babe forum. It had no place here, and it is my opinion that neowin is better for it. Just consider for a moment that the majority of our member base is quite young and you will come to understand that it was not such a great idea. That is my take on it....

Originally posted by Keldyn

Weird. I thought i had moved it. Damn, how spooky :s :p

You did. :p

I replied first though, while I was expanding on my post...thinking it through...you guys came and picked at my original post. :cheeky: :D

Gotta be fast around here. ;)

Just consider for a moment that the majority of our member base is quite young

Not to throw a monkey wrench into that, but are you sure? Taking the ages shown for birthday's today, the average age is 25.

Also, most other days the average age seems to be around 20

There was a complaint from a stupid troll named "concerneddad" (or something like that). Server problems, etc. I miss the babes forum.

/me likes having tech news, tech talk, and looking at babes at the same time... as long as their good parts are covered up...

Originally posted by Spyder

Not to throw a monkey wrench into that, but are you sure? Taking the ages shown for birthday's today, the average age is 25.

I will concede to that but regardless we do cater to a young audience too and is inappropriate material for these age groups to be viewing. And as aco has pointed out, it was very difficult to moderate. We could not limit access to said forum, based on age. It just was not feasible. All the complaints did was help open our eyes to what we were really doing. It showed us just how bad an idea, the babes forum really was. Neowin isnt about smut. If you want that, there are other places for it i am sure.:ermm:

It's easy to find HQ babes anywhere on the net in about 2 seconds, if you want to spend your time doing that.

Neowin really doesn't need a babes section, no matter how 'fun' it may be...the site is better than that.

Has anyone noticed that even the number of 'Babe Desktops' in our monthly desktop thread is dropping month by month?

I will concede to that but regardless we do cater to a young audience too and is inappropriate material for these age groups to be viewing. And as aco has pointed out, it was very difficult to moderate. We could not limit access to said forum, based on age. It just was not feasible. All the complaints did was help open our eyes to what we were really doing. It showed us just how bad an idea, the babes forum really was. Neowin isnt about smut. If you want that, there are other places for it i am sure.:ermm:

yeah I agree completely. Neowin definately is better without. Never questioned that. But I guess I was just surprised to see that our user base isn't as young as we thought it was. (the 25yr average was news to me too!)

Perhaps, getting rid of the Babes forum, will attract some real females/babes to this forum... maybe not... I am hoping I meet some soon :D

Originally posted by JediXAngel

Perhaps, getting rid of the Babes forum, will attract some real females/babes to this forum... maybe not... I am hoping I meet some soon :D

Try takeing off your star wars costume turning off your computer and go outside

I used to visit a forum called Celebrity Breast Forum Emporium 2 , but they were SHUT down. Because the forum had nudity, but it doesn't matter that I linked you, cuz the site is all gone now.

I don't know if that moved to a new one, I would like to know myself ;) So, if you know then PM me, please :)