Official Forza Motorsport Thread

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 IK47

IK47

Neowinian Senior

• 3,733 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:01

I think that the AI in Forza is a tad too agressive. I have had drivers smash into me from behind, and knock me into PIT, which puts me in last place. Also have had them knock my tail from the side to spin me out of control. Isn't this behavior illegal in professional / amateur races?

It is a great game nonetheless, and recommend it to people who have an Xbox. I can not make a comparison to GT4 as I don't have it, but I will soon, as I have won a futureshop.ca contest for a free copy.

#17 J=n=o

J=n=o

^Ferrari F430^

• 366 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:02

Forza is great... the music kicks butt too ;)

The one thing I notice in all car racing sim games;  all you have to do win is get enough money to make your car really fast and maybe improve tires/handling a little so you don't even have to be that good at taking the turns.  Then you just beat everyone on the straights.  Gets a little boring after awhile.  :(

View Post

that's one reason why it has xbox live

#18 xoros

xoros

Neowinian

• 6 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:28

that's one reason why it has xbox live

View Post

Well, why even make it so you can play offline then?
They should make it so you can't just upgrade your car so easy.... or have more of a limit in career mode when you enter races - only certain things could be done otherwise you are disqualified. That way your forced to drive better and it would be based more on driving skill rather than how much money you have to blow.

Edit: Now that I think of it I think I remember seeing something in career mode with some races having really tight restrictions.... not sure what they were yet though. anyone know ??

Edited by xoros, 10 May 2005 - 03:36.

#19 vetBroChaos

BroChaos

Go Blue!

• 17,558 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:35

I think that the AI in Forza is a tad too agressive.  I have had drivers smash into me from behind, and knock me into PIT, which puts me in last place.  Also have had them knock my tail from the side to spin me out of control.  Isn't this behavior illegal in professional / amateur races?

It is a great game nonetheless, and recommend it to people who have an Xbox.  I can not make a comparison to GT4 as I don't have it, but I will soon, as I have won a futureshop.ca contest for a free copy.

View Post

that may be the case, but still much much better than gt4.

yes, i've had plenty of cars hit me from behind, but 9 times out of 10, the guy that hit me goes cartwheeling off the course as well. in gt4, you would get rear ended, go flying into the wall, and the other car would continue driving, like it never touched a thing, just hugging it's pre-programmed line. you absolutely cannot bounce off cars in this game like you could in gt4, you'll both lose control and spin.

#20 liquilife

liquilife

Neowinian

• 45 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:39

Forza is awesome, don't get me wrong, I'm very addicted ...but....

1. Why is it when you hit the tires on the side of the track your car ALWAYS bounces/spins the wrong way of the course? I understand I probably should not be off the track in the first place (I'm not perfect!) but after some testing I realized the game is programmed to make your car bounce off the tires to face the wrong way of the track, no matter where you think your momentum should bounce you towards.

2. Nothing worse then when you are on one of them 6 lap races and on lap 6 a car comes up and spins you out on a hair pin turn and all you can do is watch 5 cars pass you as you try to turn your car around. I agree with an earlier post.. the AI is a bit to aggresive.

I like the feature of free paint jobs and vinyling, it enables people to play with that feature on an unlimited scale which is why you will see a lot more cars that look like these in this gallery:
http://www.forzacent...images.php?c=13
and this one:
http://www.tabwin.com/forza.htm
Check out my personal gallery (kudos to my fiance who has designed most of these cars!):
http://www.forzacent...=13&userid=1488

#21 MR_Candyman

MR_Candyman

Neowinian Senior

• 12,761 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 15:53

your car spins away frm the course because that's what it does in real life. You drive with 2 wheels on dirt or gravel, that couses more riction on those wheels, which causes you to turn outwards from the track. you hit a tire wall or a wood or metal one, there's more firction against the body of the car, which drags you towards the wall even more. You ever seen Nascar racing? there's a lot of times drivers are literally stuck to the wall until they slow down enough to release themselves.

I actually find the AI less agressive in forza than GT4. Certainly less annoying anyways

#22 vetBroChaos

BroChaos

Go Blue!

• 17,558 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 18:23

your car spins away frm the course because that's what it does in real life. You drive with 2 wheels on dirt or gravel, that couses more riction on those wheels, which causes you to turn outwards from the track. you hit a tire wall or a wood or metal one, there's more firction against the body of the car, which drags you towards the wall even more. You ever seen Nascar racing? there's a lot of times drivers are literally stuck to the wall until they slow down enough to release themselves.

I actually find the AI less agressive in forza than GT4. Certainly less annoying anyways

View Post

i agree 100%.

and yes, if your front and touches a wall, it's gonna stick, and the back end is gonna swing around.

#23 quigley0

quigley0

Neowinian Senior

• 1,884 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 21:38

man, some people can make the car decal editor sing!

Crazy how buggy forza is though, although all of the bugs have been good for the user so far. (easy money, etc) I mean, did they even play test? Oh well, like I said, the bugs are at least "good" bugs, so to speak

#24 vetBroChaos

BroChaos

Go Blue!

• 17,558 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 21:41

can you go into detail about the bugs?

i have not come across any yet.

#25 ~clean

~clean

~ Englishman

• 2,763 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 00:21

Im falling in Love more and more with forza, had a nice 4 hour stint on it tonight and its worming it way into my heart. I love the handling, the sound and the AI.

Its a very enjoyable game :)

#26 vetBroChaos

BroChaos

Go Blue!

• 17,558 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 00:58

the only thing that bugs me, compared to gt4, is that the steering in forza is 1:1 with the thumbstick.
you can go full lock to lock with the flick of a thumb in just a second.

i'm not positive (need to go test it out) but in gt4 you weren't able to do this. it was more realistic in terms of how long it takes.

you can also notice this in replays, where the wheels look a little more "twitchy" in forza.

i'm still loving forza, and still think it's better than gt4 overall. but i still love using my DFP...

#27 ~clean

~clean

~ Englishman

• 2,763 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 01:06

i'm still loving forza, and still think it's better than gt4 overall.  but i still love using my DFP...

View Post

Yeah, same here. Im prefering Forza over GT though I love GT with the driving force. Its just so much fun, if only the DFP worked on the xbox. :pinch:

#28 IK47

IK47

Neowinian Senior

• 3,733 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:22

I bet if you made a convertor (very easy, less than $3) for USB to xbox, you could plug in the DFP

Things needed:

xbox extension cord = $0 (call pelican, and tell them that you require them for your light gun. they will send them. I got 2 this way)
usb cord = <$2 (we all have plenty of them)
soldering iron

solder them together.

you just wont get the wheel lock and the force feedback.

do research before trying though.

#29 quigley0

quigley0

Neowinian Senior

• 1,884 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:35

can you go into detail about the bugs?

i have not come across any yet.

There are currently two known bugs. One that allows you do get as much $$$$ as you want, and the other that allows you to earn money that helps you level up.

THe first glitch, lets you upgrade an engine, and then buy a new engine (for cars that can do this), then re-equip the old engine, and then sell the new one. On the VW Jetta, you can buy a new engine for $2500 and sell it for around $40K

so, that is glitch one...

Glitch two allows you to play on xbox live, and lets say I host. I set the track to maple valley short, 1 lap, , and have 8 people join. As soon as the race starts, the hosts backs out to the join menu, and changes the options to Nurburgring, 25laps. Now, you will earn the money for Nurburgring, 25 laps, but only complete 1 lap at maple valley. 1st place gets around $375K

#30 vetBroChaos

BroChaos

Go Blue!

• 17,558 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:49

the engine one seems pretty odd. i have heard of the second one, i was just thinking more of bugs, not exploits, but i guess you could look at it either way. doesn't bother me though, i won't be touching them. and all the n00bs that want to get the fastest car, but not learn how to drive, will still get smoked.