XBOX 360 Specs fully leaked!

Wow! :o

*he starts to put some money away for this baby*

Wanna know when it will be released?

585896494[/snapback]

November this year, it would safe to say that it will be widely available by Christmas. ;)

Seeing this spec makes me think about what 5-th generation consoles will be like... Just think about it... Mini supercomputers next to your telly... mmm...

/me PRAYING for backwards compatability.

I don't have an xbox and I've considered getting one just to play Halo 2, because it's never coming to PC :( if this thing plays the old games, I don't care how, I will be in line, taking the day off, foaming at the mouth, with fists full of bills in my hands.

how does it compare with the first? i can't wait to see this thing in action :)

585896552[/snapback]

It totally owns the first one lol.

First one has a 733Mhz (Custom, i think..) P3, somthing based on a nVidia GF3 - 64MB Ram.

I think the 360's a little better in that department ;)

I hope the prize isn't as high as the specs are. :p

Looking forward to it, got a Xbox (One) at the moment and a GameCube somewhere.... *blows away 100 meter thick layer of dust* aaah there it is! :laugh:

Edited by PureLogic

So it looks like (according to a poster) that it'll be a Microsoft vs Nintendo brawl in America, this should be interesting, IF the PS3 is shut out of the console race.

Just speculating. :happy:

From Engadget:

These could be completely fake, but TeamXbox posted and then quickly pulled some semi-plausible specs for the new Xbox 360, as well as some details about Xbox Live. The part about it having a 20GB detachable hard drive seems a little sketch, since we'd heard something about it being a 40GB drive, but the rest of it seems to make sense. You have exactly 77 hours to argue over whether or not these are for real.

The fact that my liv subscription will carry over makes me pretty much set on getting this over the ps3 then.

Now if that doesn't make you wanna save your pennies for a system

I don't know what will!

This system will decimate All

I'd like to see the PS3 do that

So long PS3 hello X360

Wonder what the Price tag will be for the whole unit? $299 $399

with or w/o a hard drive is the question also hell maybe $499

but then that harkens back to the Atari Jaguar and we all know what happened to that POS.

While this is cool, a grand total of 9.6 GHz across 3 128-bit CPUs for a GAME system seems a little excessive. Or is it just me? Have these specs really been confirmed? THAT much power and only 512 RAM? It just doesn't make sense.

Well if this beast is backwards compatible and reasonably priced here in the UK. I'm sold.

585896679[/snapback]

Probs ?300-400 range at launch, after a few months it will drop like everything:))

You pay for having technology first:))

While this is cool, a grand total of 9.6 GHz across 3 128-bit CPUs for a GAME system seems a little excessive.  Or is it just me?  Have these specs really been confirmed?  THAT much power and only 512 RAM?  It just doesn't make sense.

585896677[/snapback]

You have to understand how much ram is needed for consoles and PCs. The original Xbox only had a 700mhz P3 and 64mb of ram and it still handles quite well (take a look at halo 2, doom3, etc).

For consoles 512mb is plenty as it doesnt have to utilize all the background resources, OS, and other programs as a PC does.

Probs ?300-400 range at launch, after a few months it will drop like everything:))

You pay for having technology first:))

585896687[/snapback]

Heh, seems kinda scary actually, you pay a small amount of money for a console, that can do it all. Yet people pay for pc's that cant even match the specs of this console, and they cost sometimes triple that price. It's just.... criminal.

You have to understand how much ram is needed for consoles and PCs. The original Xbox only had a 700mhz P3 and 64mb of ram and it still handles quite well (take a look at halo 2, doom3, etc).

For consoles 512mb is plenty as it doesnt have to utilize all the background resources, OS, and other programs as a PC does.

585896699[/snapback]

Yeah, true, good point. But that still doesn't explain the overkill of 9.6 GHz. That's just nuts. Actually, I believe the XBox is 733 MHz. If that's the case, that makes the XBox 360 13 times more powerful than the original. You have to admit that that seems a little excessive.

Awesome specs! Its more like a desktop than anything though with a hardrive, USB ports and WiFi capability.

I still deffinately want one though. When is it coming out???

While this is cool, a grand total of 9.6 GHz across 3 128-bit CPUs for a GAME system seems a little excessive.  Or is it just me?  Have these specs really been confirmed?  THAT much power and only 512 RAM?  It just doesn't make sense.

585896677[/snapback]

That is more than enough RAM for a video game console with these specs, and the 10MB eDRAM is what's really going to make it rock.

However, it doesn't have three "128-bit" CPUs. They're Power5-based, and so they support 64-bit addressing. They may well be using 32-bit mode, though.

Of course, it supports 128-bit vector processing, just like the Xbox and PS2.

Granted, this machine is going to be a monster. But the "32-bit vs 64-bit vs 128-bit" thing is getting really old.

That is more than enough RAM for a video game console with these specs, and the 10MB eDRAM is what's really going to make it rock.

However, it doesn't have three "128-bit" CPUs.  They're Power5-based, and so they support 64-bit addressing.  They may well be using 32-bit mode, though.

Of course, it supports 128-bit vector processing, just like the Xbox and PS2.

Granted, this machine is going to be a monster.  But the "32-bit vs 64-bit vs 128-bit" thing is getting really old.

585896715[/snapback]

See my last post. Oh, and nice Shih-tzu.

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU

- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each

I'll believe this when i see the specs on the packaging itself

I'll believe this when i see the specs on the packaging itself

585896720[/snapback]

Yeah, thank you. I'm not the only one who feels that way.