[Definitive] Sony PS3 Thread

I too, am a Sony fan. Also an ATI fan, but we can't have everything can we? Sony has better games and more games (I think). While everything concerning the next-gen systems looks fantastic, it was the same way before the current generation of consoles came out. Both, nay, all 3 systems will be great. What will drive the systems will be the games that are released. System excusivity with the games will sell the systems. At least at first.

What I am looking forward to is what Square-Enix will do with the PS3. Final Fantasy XIII anyone?

Im really Looking forward to The Ps3..Hopfully This time sony Made it right with No Issues...Such as the psp dead pixels...and the Ps2 Lens issues. But other then That I have hope that The Ps3 Will be like the Ps1 And have no Problems and be great.

post-68968-1115039971_thumb.jpg

post-68968-1115039985.jpg

Edited by Narutorocker

Im really Looking forward to The Ps3..Hopfully This time sony Made it right with No Issues...Such as the psp dead pixels...and the Ps2 Lens issues. But other then That I have hope that The Ps3 Will be like the Ps1 And have no Problems and be great.

585860737[/snapback]

Fake, please, for the love of god, stop making fanboys go crazy over fake pictures.

Them pictures are fake... please just type PS3 on google and them pictures be the first ones up!

Is it that hard to wait till e3 NEXT week!? All pics on the new are fake sept the ourcolony shots tho its not the real display shot i firmly believe those are it since ive seen pre-dev models of that.... but seriously e3 next week ;)

Is it that hard to wait till e3 NEXT week!? All pics on the new are fake sept the ourcolony shots tho its not the real display shot i firmly believe those are it since ive seen pre-dev models of that.... but seriously e3 next week ;)

585871191[/snapback]

E3 is in two weeks....

585860737[/snapback]

The original psones had lots of problems. For example, they skipped like crazy in certain games and would not display on Zenith TVs. A friend of mine had to send his into sony because it was skipping so badly that it eventually stopped reading the discs or made games unplayable. After he had it "fixed" by sony it was still broken and he had to buy a new psone. I think that early psones had more problems then that but I can't remember them. Oh yeah, wasn't it amusing how some peoples would only run on there side of upside down after a few years?

The original psones had lots of problems.  For example, they skipped like crazy in certain games and would not display on Zenith TVs.  A friend of mine had to send his into sony because it was skipping so badly that it eventually stopped reading the discs or made games unplayable.  After he had it "fixed" by sony it was still broken and he had to buy a new psone.  I think that early psones had more problems then that but I can't remember them.  Oh yeah, wasn't it amusing how some peoples would only run on there side of upside down after a few years?

585873753[/snapback]

I never had any of those problems with my PS1 and I played aon a Zenith TV all the time at my cousin's house.

Hey did you guy know that Metal Gear solid 4 will be on the PS3? :D

Sort of like most defects I'm sure it didn't happen with every console, but it did happen to a few of the ones that my friends bought at launch. My PS2 and dreamcast (both of which I bought on launch day) have never had any problems, but that doesn't mean that the first generation models like mine didn't have there fair share of defects.

Just want to bump this up so if anyone has any new PS3 info like PS3 game screenshots etc... post'em here :)

here is some PS3 news:

Sony Considers 2005 PS3 Release

A company rep hints at the possibility of a release this year.

by Anoop Gantayat

May 12, 2005 - In a surprising twist on the next generation hardware race, a Sony representative has stated that a year 2005 release for the next generation PlayStation is a possibility. Responding to questions from Jiji news service, Sony Chief Financial Officer Takao Yuhara states, "For the year end sales season, simultaneously building up both the PlayStation Portable system in America and Europe as well as the next generation PlayStation is one option that we have."

Most industry speculation calls for a next generation PlayStation release in 2006. Sony's third party developers have backed this assumption up with a strong list of PlayStation 2 titles planned for the rest of the year and early next.

The state of the next generation PlayStation software shown at next week's E3 show should reveal if a 2005 release is a possibility for the new system, or if Yuhara's comments were designed to take some steam out of Microsoft's Xbox 360 unveiling later today.

Source: PS3 in 2005?

Cool news! :)

yes they are at noon :D

585925606[/snapback]

w00t! I can't wait :) Too bad I have dialup I cant watch the news conference online :( Just have to wait for some screenshots to be posted :D

w00t! I can't wait :) Too bad I have dialup I cant watch the news conference online :( Just have to wait for some screenshots to be posted :D

585925774[/snapback]

How can you watch it online? Is there a live video feed? If so where do I go?

yes they are at noon :D

585925606[/snapback]

So I am guessing that is 12:00PM PST. Man I can't wait to see this. I wonder if they are going to release the specs or anything technical about it. I want to see what version of the Cell they will be using and also if they are going to use the Blu-ray/HD-DVD hybrid.

So I am guessing that is 12:00PM PST.  Man I can't wait to see this.  I wonder if they are going to release the specs or anything technical about it.  I want to see what version of the Cell they will be using and also if they are going to use the Blu-ray/HD-DVD hybrid.

585927516[/snapback]

What's going on, PS3 will be unveiled today? I'm in England and its about 5pm now!