Watercolor v4.3

binaryyyyyy, u own!! btw, maybe u can make another version of the start button, its so ugly because its standard xp startbutton, i hope you could release another version that uses image for start button, so it can look like this whistler_strt.bmp :)

your theme ownz!

Cool..I will hack this theme and use that image...for my own personal use...I would not release this w/o Binary's permission.

EDIT: After looking at the theme, I cannot hack this just by replacing the bitmap b/c the start flag and the word "start" are not part of the bitmap that is being replaced and thus replacing the underlying bitmap will create a mess. I will either figure out how to get around this or just wait for someone else to release another version.

The ergonomic blue is exactly what I thought was wrong w/ the theme (it was too bright for me) that stopped me from using it. I've converted now:P Cheers on a great theme

Originally posted by codyg11

Cool..I will hack this theme and use that image...for my own personal use...I would not release this w/o Binary's permission.

EDIT: After looking at the theme, I cannot hack this just by replacing the bitmap b/c the start flag and the word "start" are not part of the bitmap that is being replaced and thus replacing the underlying bitmap will create a mess. I will either figure out how to get around this or just wait for someone else to release another version.

check my post in "Customizing Windows XP" forum ;)

Originally posted by aleni

check my post in "Customizing Windows XP" forum ;)

I just looked at it. Do those instructions apply to ResHacker? How would you do it in ResHacker?

Originally posted by LEAN

Once again....... binary... you have done it again!

One question for you? did you you use the original graphics ripped from the MS skin or draw the whole thing from scratch?

Also about the checkbox bug... how did you fix it?

--PEACE

A little of both, although I had the original theme files, I had to convert alot of them so that they would work with the new format, I redrew some things here and there. you'll prolly notice them cause they wont look as polished ;) And I basically just stayed as close to the luna checkbox settings as possible, to retain the same effects.

And about the start button, everyone has access to use stylebuilder, so if you want to change anything in the theme for personal use go ahead, your free to do so, but please don't start re-releasing my skins with little differences, if your going to change the theme then at least add your own creativity before releasing it as your own. I only say this because I believe this is the only watercolor msstyles needed imo, it's damn near perfect (not to brag but it took over 6 months of off and on work to get it to this level. And I think it's pretty much bug free.) So I really dont see the need for any others, and it's also fairly easy to convert it to your own colour prefs using style builder. :) And to answer someone elses question from before.. no I wont make this into a WB skin, WB has a watercolor style, it may not be as accurate (some parts it is, others it isnt) but it's a nice skin none the less :)

Chris

Nice skin Dominik, It's too bad I don't use any of the progs u guys want skins for (except winamp) so i wont be making them :( In fact winamp and media player are the only skinable apps on my computer.

Chris

Originally posted by codyg11

I just looked at it. Do those instructions apply to ResHacker? How would you do it in ResHacker?

no it doesnt, binaryyy :( nevermind, i wont complain since its free ;)

Originally posted by aleni

no it doesnt, binaryyy :( nevermind, i wont complain since its free ;)

You quoted me, not Binary. Do you know how to do this in Resource Hacker, BTW, since those instructions apply to StyleBuilder and not Resource Hacker?

not likely, I dont use shellplayer, but you can edit the theme in stylebuilder on your own, I'm not sure what you would have to change though, because I dont really know what your talking about :

btw if we kept running around trying to fix every little bug minor applications have with XP themes, then we'd be here untill XP is discontinued ;)

Chris

Originally posted by Binary

not likely, I dont use shellplayer, but you can edit the theme in stylebuilder on your own, I'm not sure what you would have to change though, because I dont really know what your talking about :

I think that it uses the background of the top of the start menu, but I could be wrong. It looks like it, anyway.

Originally posted by Binary

Nice skin Dominik, It's too bad I don't use any of the progs u guys want skins for (except winamp) so i wont be making them :( In fact winamp and media player are the only skinable apps on my computer.

Chris

Yeah .... I only got media player.

Originally posted by Toxikk

can i (or someone) port the skin to winamp3 format? i mean... that would be kickass.

YES! Please do! That would be kickass! :D