Sony Ericsson K750i

Ive been thinking about ordering one of those. It would cost me $400 though(sense im located in the US and wouldnt be able to get a plan), I dont think I have the balls to.

damn.. ive had my heart set on the s700 for the last 2 months as im waiting for my contract to end with cingular--- and now this amazing phone pops up....

i am a little sick of the candy bar phone, and s700 is not thaaat much different, but still fresh looking.. ive got o debate this all over again in my head. lol

nice review* and nice toys lol

very nice review.

Sadly you didn't wait it out.

SE have said they're releasing an updated model in a few months.

Same phone, but with a better camera and lense.

Nice review Dazzla,

I'm looking for a new phone and the new K750i was my first opinion but then I saw that Samsung is coming with the new D600.

Now is my question is it worth waiting or is the K750i better?

very nice review.

Sadly you didn't wait it out.

SE have said they're releasing an updated model in a few months.

Same phone, but with a better camera and lense.

586025721[/snapback]

For starters it's just s rumour, secondly it's only a switch from CMOS to CCD if anything. It'll still be 2MP and there's a limit to how good a 2MP camera will be in a phone. There's not going to be a huge difference at all if they go with it.

Really nice looking phone and great review, but I just don't think I could live without the Symbian OS. There are just too many apps and games available for it.

Is this phone the next model up from the k700i or is there one before it?

Also is there another new model coming out soong?

@Dazzla I've just come back from a SE center (just finished a job application) and a couple of friends of mine who work there have confirmed this to me already.

If you consider it to be a rumour I'd say there is 90% possibility of it being true.

I mean, of course there wont be a big difference, at the end of the day they are both 2MP and the same brand, but to me a difference is still a difference.

here are the specific changes.

- Add CCD sensor (instead of CMOS)

- Better auto-focus function in dark conditions

- Better detalization of objects at the distances of 5 meters and lower comparing to CMOS

- Another algorithm of images processing - color saturation is better

- Better macro-mode shot processing

- Saving of shots made increased a little bit

- Power consumption is 5-10 percents higher

- Lens is changed as a result of new CCD sensor

Edited by Amnesia

I've just never read a SE statement, that's all.

When the switch over and the difference is big enough I might have to "break" it and get a replacement :D

lol naughty naughty :p

Anyway, most people wont even know the difference. You could always just resell it on ebay :p and get enough money to get a new one (if you didn't want to ruin your insurance status :))

Haha, 'tis true. I'll have to see closer to the time, my first priority is either a headphone mod to add a 3.5mm jack or a new headset altogether.

I bought another set of those sony 71 headphones because one ear peice broke i threw it away doe, but i still have the extention lead,i could use the old extention to make the 3.5mm connection to my new sony 71s, is there instructions availible for this mod because i dont wanna cut up my new 71s which i use for the ipod lol

i dont think i receive my phone till the 20th o2 get stock in then but i phone up yesterday and the woman reordered my phone so i think i gonna be bottom of the queue now grrr, i gonna try out the headphones if there crap i gonna cut them up, i saw the link but that's a direct mod cutting up the headphones it not using the 3.5mm extention jack which i want to do, where did u see the picture above from?

The same principle applies, except instead of soldering on the actual headphones, just solder on the 3.5MM jack.

Dazzla, how do you think the apps for it are compared to your 7610? Are there any apps that you really miss for your 7610, that you can't get for the K750i?

Well, in essence there are no apps you install on the K750. But it has everything I need;

Calendar

ToDo

Notes

MP3 Player

Radio

Video Player

Tools (Alarm Clock, Calculator, Timer etc)

There's not anything I miss really. There's a few things I had installed on my 7610 that I no longer have, like E-Book readers and N-Gage games but nothing I miss.

Well, in essence there are no apps you install on the K750. But it has everything I need;

Calendar

ToDo

Notes

MP3 Player

Radio

Video Player

Tools (Alarm Clock, Calculator, Timer etc)

There's not anything I miss really. There's a few things I had installed on my 7610 that I no longer have, like E-Book readers and N-Gage games but nothing I miss.

586034092[/snapback]

Hmmm. Well it has all the basic thing you would expect, but are they as good as some of the 3rd party apps available for Nokia? Also, I think I would really miss my e-book reader, SNES emulator, dictionary, file manager, photosafe, r.viewer (allows you to crop and edit photos in-phone), ect... Sure, it has the basics, but it's all those extra little things that I've gotten used to that I just don't think I could live without. Sucks, because there are some really nice looking non-Symbian phones out there, but because I am so used to having all these extra little things, I'm stuck with Nokia/Symbian.

Beautiful man.  I hope it comes to the US.  Nice pics of England there.  Wish I lived there.... :(

586012444[/snapback]

Yup, as you can see in the picture, the weather is great

The apps I mentioned are as good as any of those types of apps I used on my 7610. They all sync with Outlook 2003 where appropriate as well. It also has it's custom apps like a video editor, photo editor and music editor, I've not used them though. Has a built in file manager as well to browse the phone memory and the memory stick. Sound recorder and a remote control for your PC are in there as well.

The only 3rd party apps you can install are Java apps, of which there are 2 preinstalled. "HP Print" and "World Clock". But I can't see the need for anything above what's in there.