San Andreas Quality

I just got GTA: San Andreas, installed it up and i'm very disappointed. The quality of the graphics is horrible, and it really affects the gameplay. Characters are missing polygons looks like, as well as characters completely disappearing. The aliasing is horrible as well as the picture quality.

AMD Athlon XP1800+, 256MB RAM, Radeon 8500 64MB. Loads a lot faster than Vice City (with same configs), though not as smooth as Vice City. I think there are a lot of glitches they need to iron out which will hopefully come in as a patch sometime soon.

There are also audio anomalies like not being able to hear your car/people randomly. Also, the handling of cars is like a hearse :(

Btw, running at 1024x760 with everything HIGH, Widescreen OFF and Antialiasing OFF (I dont think AA could work on my poor card)

That system isn't going to get much out of the game - 256MB RAM is ridiculous for playing games. :no:

at 1280x1024 I can run it, but it lags...

Yeah it really isnt within recommended specs, but I really dont care--Apparently the graphics arent all that uber compared to Vice City, i think RockStar just f'ed up.

Seriously, atleast the sound should work fine or atleast the characters should be drawn--if it lags and skips, ok, fine maybe my computer is a POS--but it doesnt even display stuff randomly and sounds keeps getting cut off on the conversations as well as car noises. Hows that got anything to do with a PC? :rolleyes:

Edited by snigma

Apparently the graphics arent all that uber compared to Vice City, i think RockStar just f'ed up.

586036051[/snapback]

I'm running at max specs on my machine (a 9800 Pro, A64 3400+, 1GB RAM), and I can confirm that your statement is very true. I am truly disappointed with the small textures and low polycount models.

Rockstar had been hyping it to be so much better on the PC; it looks exactly the same with some pixel shaders on the cars.

I played it and I must say the gfx are crap compared to Vice City for PC.

I personally love GTA games but the gfx are laggin compared to most the games out there today.

Gamespot commented on some audio problems with their test systems. I'm interested in picking this up and I'd like to hear from some more people with different configs before pulling the trigger.

its a PS2 game.....wtf did you expect?

(yes i know your talking about the PC version, but its just a port of a PS2 game....at least it looks better than it did on PS2...well it can if you have the right hardware....does it look great....of course not....)

Also, for more information.

ATI Catalyst 5.5 I thought 5.6 was supposed to be released yesterday or something like that--and there's some hype about increasing performance, so maybe it applies to GTASA hopefully.

Also, using Audigy Platinum with the KXProject Drivers.

Don't say Rockstar "f'ed up" just because your system can't be up to the recommended requirements, don't expect the best gaming experience

at 1280x1024 I can run it, but it lags...

Yeah it really isnt within recommended specs, but I really dont care--Apparently the graphics arent all that uber compared to Vice City, i think RockStar just f'ed up.

Seriously, atleast the sound should work fine or atleast the characters should be drawn--if it lags and skips, ok, fine maybe my computer is a POS--but it doesnt even display stuff randomly and sounds keeps getting cut off on the conversations as well as car noises. Hows that got anything to do with a PC?  :rolleyes:

586036051[/snapback]

Your RAM and video card barely fall within the 'minimum' specs needed, and you're trynig to run the game at 1280x1024?

Seriously. If your system isn't at or above the 'recommended' specs, you have no right complaining about any issues you run into trying to play the game.

the only person to blame here is you...your GFX Card sucks.

There really is NO NEED for that tone! :crazy: ........uncalled for!

Anywayz......

There are a few having probs with the game yes........mainly sound issues tho m8.......

Everyone is so caustic in flaming the original poster as if GTA: SA were their own grandmother or something. He's just calling it for what it is.

:huh:

I have an HP zd7000 notebook with the following specs:

3.06 GHz P4 with HT

1024MB Crucial RAM

60GB 7200 RPM hard drive

128MB nVidia 5600

17" 1440x900

This notebook ran Vice City flawlessly at 1440x900 with everything on max settings. I am still messing around with the settings in San Andreas. I, too, am disappointed in the graphics as I can not get it to look/perform very good. I am also having a problem with the sound as it stutters frequently. This notebook is a year and a half old, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

It's true what they are saying, a 8500 is no way to play any new game. And 256MB of RAM is just a no-go.

Don't blame the game, it's your computer.

At least get more RAM. How do you expect to play any game at any potential with the specs you have. You need at least 512mb to game nicely since Windows eats up the first 128mb of RAM on boot. I bet you have a lot of programs running in the background too.

Get more RAM and look into a better card, but I bet RAM is your problem.

Yeah, if a mod could clean up irrelevant comments, that would be nice. Because apparently if you dont have the right specs, or you have better things to spend your money on besides building uber computers to duke it out on a internet forum. Anyone who wishes to diss my system, just send me some money this way, and i'll upgrade it, so I can sit here and duke it out with you  :sleep:

586036128[/snapback]

It's not that people are dissing your system, it's just that if your system isn't up to par with the recommended specs for the system, what can you expect?

AMD Athlon64 3500+

1Gb RAM

nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra

Audigy 2 ZS

Windows XP SP2

Resolution: 1600x1200 - all settings Maxed

The graphics are worse than Vice City, by far. Characters look very low poly, sounds randomly cut out (voices or cars). The weights in the gym glow an orangy-pink (what's with that?) and the game seems to randomly drop to the desktop for no reason.

I'm somewhat disappointed, the game was so hyped.

OK, most of you guys seem to not be reading this entire thread. Before you try to jump in with your +1 post, read Unwonted's post, which says (Yes too lazy to use quote tags)

"I'm running at max specs on my machine (a 9800 Pro, A64 3400+, 1GB RAM), and I can confirm that your statement is very true. I am truly disappointed with the small textures and low polycount models.

Rockstar had been hyping it to be so much better on the PC; it looks exactly the same with some pixel shaders on the cars."

Apparently it's not all on his system, so quit making the same redundant posts.

OK, most of you guys seem to not be reading this entire thread. Before you try to jump in with your +1 post, read Unwonted's post, which says (Yes too lazy to use quote tags)

"I'm running at max specs on my machine (a 9800 Pro, A64 3400+, 1GB RAM), and I can confirm that your statement is very true. I am truly disappointed with the small textures and low polycount models.

Rockstar had been hyping it to be so much better on the PC; it looks exactly the same with some pixel shaders on the cars."

586036221[/snapback]

Well said. Because I dont know at which point in time the kind of hardware you have affects Quality. As far as I know, the computer I have can add 2+2 just as correctly as a 286 or your 64Bit machine. It maybe slower at adding that, but that will show in the game--it wont show by missing characters or sound dropping everywhere :no:

586036221[/snapback]

What? Like this one?

:p