San Andreas Quality

My Specs:

P4 3.2GHz

1.5Gb DDR400 RAM

ATi Radeon 9600SE 128Mb

Raptor 74.5Gb 10,000RPM

What can I say, my graphics card isn't that hot, but the rest of my system is pretty good.

Yet, I'm also disappointed with the graphics quality of this game, although maybe that will change when I get enough cash for a GeForce 6800GT?

Also, for more information.

ATI Catalyst 5.5 I thought 5.6 was supposed to be released yesterday or something like that--and there's some hype about increasing performance, so maybe it applies to GTASA hopefully.

586036094[/snapback]

I'm going to be stretching it here, but I doubt that anything but ATi's Directx 9 cards are going to see improvements

Didn't the other ports to PC in GTA series suffer from the same problems where the graphics were better on the console then the PC?

i am having none of the problems people have been reportedly having with the game although i was nervous when installing it because of so many reports. but i have to have it on 640x480 and no AA and medium graphics for it to run ok on mine and i fully expect to have to do that.

my system:

AMD AthlonXP 1800+

MSI K7T266Pro2-RU

1GB Ram

ATi Radeon 8500LE 128mb

i would never dream of putting it at 1280x1024 with this card considering it requires DX 9c and the 8500 is only a DX8.1 card so it cant support the DX9 features. i even reduced the draw distance to increase performance a bit.

Didn't the other ports to PC in GTA series suffer from the same problems where the graphics were better on the console then the PC?

586036271[/snapback]

Hell no :blink: :D

GTA:3 pretty much looked the same except for the textures, which were miles ahead of the PS2 version. I could actually use the road-signs to drive around

Vice City looked clearly better than it did on PS2

AMD Athlon XP1800+, 256MB RAM, Radeon 8500 64MB.

Btw, running at 1024x760 with everything HIGH, Widescreen OFF and Antialiasing OFF (I dont think AA could work on my poor card)

586036010[/snapback]

Running on a 5 year old 8500 card at that res with 256mb ram any wonder. Sorry but your lucky it runs at all. Yes I know we all cannot aford the latest but you cannot expect game makers to design the high setting for your system.

edit: Sorry didn't see rest my bad.............But runs nice on mine perhaps disable AV etc?

Edited by stevember

Vice City was definitely better than the PS2 version, but GTA3 was just plain terrible. That could have been a result of the graphics engine, but I've never seen the PS2 version of GTA3.

It really doesnt look as bad as some of you are making out. I admit its not an improvement over VC but it has loads of extra features that vice doesnt . Graphics arent everything

the only problem im having is that i cant play the "catalyst" mission, game just stops....

but about the graphics, dont expect doom 3 half life 2 type of stuff then a lot of people cant play it and would have to upgrade there computers, i would. Look at MMPRPG games out there, they look no where like doom3 or HL2, big maps and lots of interaction with players. same could be said with GTA:SA, lots of interaction to be graphics galore. You knew what the graphics where gona look like, its GTA.

I dont have a hign end system but it plays ok

Well, people expecting DOOM3 or HL2 quality graphics aren't very bright, but that said, actual graphical glitches are generally graphics card incompatability (extremely old or new cards) or driver issues (insert standard update your drivers rant here).

i guess play around with drivers...ATI people play Omega and ATI standard to see if you get better results.

meh, what can I say.

It looks ok. I forgot how vice city looked, but im guessing its comparable.

Remember people, games for the PS2 dont increase in visual quality as time goes by nowadays, however, pc games do.

Therefore, you guys are way too picky.

It really doesnt look as bad as some of you are making out. I admit its not an improvement over VC but it has loads of extra features that vice doesnt . Graphics arent everything

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH REASON! :o

Considering that the RenderWare engine in GTA: SA is almost EXACTLY the same as the one used in Vice City, I don't think people should be expecting better improvements in graphics since the PS2 version. There wasn't much improvement between Vice City PS2 and Vice City PC, from what I saw.

The true heart of the GTA series is the gameplay, people. It's not just the graphics. Everyone's so blinded these days with the pretty pixel shading and flawless physics that it's become a big factor of whether playing the game would be enjoyabl or not.

Get back to the basics! Remember that first time you played Solitare? Did you do it fo the graphics? No! You know you did it for the sheer challenge that you can beat all 32,000 (and that secret game # that I forgot) rounds against the computer! :yes: ;)

If you can move away from the graphics for a second, you can see that the advantages that the PC version are quite worth it, being:

a) Built in MP3 player radio station, this time WITH commercials you can disable or not.

b) High resolution for you graphics freaks.

c) The fact that modifications, much like the ones in GTA3 and VC, are possible now.

d) Keyboard and mouse! (except for when you use the BMX... :unsure: )

e) Some other stuff I can't remember because it's 5:11AM and I haven't slept yet. :wacko:

Anyways, if you guys ARE having trouble with the game on the PC, put the visual quality on LOW (it really doesn't change anything from my POV) and it should remove the stuttering and stuff. I'm on a 6800GT and 9500/9700 (on my other PC) and they still look great, not that it affects gameplay or anything. :laugh:

You would think that Rockstar would have actually made a better looking and better performing game in the time Vice City was released compared to the time that they released San Andreas. I smell nothing more than greed on a best selling series.

I should have saved my money for BF2. This game is a joke and major let down. A game that is about 4GB worth of data on a DVD-ROM and it looks like complete garbage.

:angry:

I played it for about a half-hour before the sound started stuttering (not like Half-Life 2, but like if you get a BSOD while you're listening to music), and then it crashed. All the settings were at the highest with 3x AA @ 1024x768. The graphics seem a little more polished than GTA 3 or VC, and I had no problems there. I'm sure there will be a patch within the next month or two.

We're not comparing against PS2 version or how much better it's supposed to be than VC, but there are just too many bugs and issues that dont even get close to VC, that is all. I'm still unable to take screenshots from inside the game, how can this be done?