Woman Sues Stephen King Claiming She's the Psycho

A freelance writer is suing celebrated author Stephen King because she claims to be the real Annie Wilkes from King's best-seller "Misery."

"Misery" became a movie in 1990, which earned Kathy Bates a Best Actress Oscar for her portrayal of Wilkes.

In the film, directed by Rob Reiner, Wilkes nurses her favorite writer Paul Sheldon (James Caan) to health at her remote country house after he suffers major injuries in a car accident -- but doesn't intend for Sheldon to leave because she's obsessed with the writer and his characters.

"Celebrity Justice" also reported that Hiltner filed a similar lawsuit over King's television mini-series "Kingdom Hospital," claiming the character, "psychic Sally Druse" is also based on her.

Plus, she reportedly filed a previous lawsuit against King over "Misery," claiming plagiarism of her own writings, but that suit was dismissed, the site said.

http://www.wsbtv.com/entertainment/4585358/detail.html

What a lier.

Yeah, she's phsyco alright :rolleyes: . What next? She was actually Carrie as well and she killed people with her phsycic powers?

Hehe, I just finished Dreamcatcher and I'm reading It now :p

Yeah, she's phsyco alright :rolleyes: . What next? She was actually Carrie as well and she killed people with her phsycic powers?

Hehe, I just finished Dreamcatcher and I'm reading It now :p

586039160[/snapback]

And Pet Cemetary was based on her cat.

This is a great story actually I hope she continues with the frivolous lawsuits just so I can see how far she's willing to degrade herself.

If she IS the real Wilkes she needs to be arrested.

I think the message she is trying to send King is this: give me money or I WILL become the real Wilkes and lock you in my bedroom and torture you.

This is funny. This is the second time he has been sued for a Book. The first was settled very quickly for about $80 million, back in early 80's. That was 'The Shining'.

It makes you wounder what is going on, or not.