Student Uses Roadkill to Produce Art

LONDON - A rabbit becomes a pot plant and a beheaded owl is turned into a desk tidy: by the alchemy of art, British university student Ebony Andrews is turning dead animals ? including pieces of roadkill ? into provoking artworks.

ADVERTISEMENT

The 22-year-old fine art student at Newcastle's Northumbria University said Thursday her exhibition of dead animals, which went on display this week, was a commentary on how "the public use animals as commodities."

Another piece involves a dead squirrel whose insides have been replaced by the remote control for a DVD player. Andrews said she was a little nervous about the public response to her work, but since the exhibition opened Monday the response has been positive.

Source

Just plain freaky if you ask me. I wouldn't want this stuff anywhere near my hous:blink:ink:

at one time I would have been disgusted, but it sounds very interesting. 'commentary on how "the public use animals as commodities."'

Ever heard of Taxidermy? This has been done before, to an extent, though using road-kill seems wierd... But then it's a modern artists and they all have strange ideas.

soon she wont find any material so she will have to go out an actually kill them herself..

586048362[/snapback]

jeez... usually we wait about 2 or 3 pages for the extremist views :rofl:

I'd be interested to see squirrel used as a remote control; it all sounds pretty strange.