what!? MOzilla more than IE?

Er.. Does it really matter anymore? I find a combination of Opera and IE is the ultimate...

Opera to do my heavy duty browsing, and IE to handle those difficult pages and secure banking stuff...

Mozilla IMHO simply doesn't make the grade. Gecko ( the HTML rendering engine ) does, but.. XUL is simply bloated...

And for some reason, Kmeleon hasn't released version 0.7... I'll be using that as my main browser once it finally is released.. ( Some problem with 2 bugs in Gecko that refused to be fixed .. )

Ya I find Mozilla SLOW at rendering images/pages.. It's okay for plain text or few images pages, but otherwise I have to wait for all the images (ALL - including buttons and bars) to load.. whereas in IE, it seems like everything is rendered instantly.. Plus IE starts WAY faster.. Plus I don't understand what's so great about tabbed browsing.. I mean, how many pages are your people looking at at one time?

In regards to the pop-up-stopper and download manager, I don't think we will ever see those in IE - mainly b/c this would be ammunition for the state's case against MS.. Like just another example of MS software encrouching into the add-on software market. Or if they do include them, they will of course be pretty pathetic and useless just like the built in windows zip support or the Windows XP firewall.

Go Mozilla :D

I've been using it for a while now alongside IE 5. I dont see how its slow since it loads neowin in 3 secs, compared to ie 5 in 5 secs on my machine.

Originally posted by Knoxca

In regards to the pop-up-stopper and download manager, I don't think we will ever see those in IE - mainly b/c this would be ammunition for the state's case against MS

If they claim that (and I am sure the states will), then that would be just silly. Damn it if Mozilla can do, well IE darn should have the right to do it too. JMHO.

Mozilla probably already have recieved lawsuit threats for the feature, but theres not much that can be done. For example, Norton Internet Security can block images and ads so why arent they being sued? Microsoft could do this easily, but they just dont want to invest into somthing that is free to download and use.

a shame the mozilla fanboys cant accept defeat so they cheat with the polls...spend all their time voting and voting and voting just to beat IE....very sad.

That is not cheating, those are actual people that a coming to vote, looks like the IE fanboys can accept defeat :rolleyes: . And you cant vote again since it is cookie based unless you delete them. Neowin should use IP tracking for the poll IMHO.

nah, im pretty sure someone voted a lot of times

for it to jump from only 600 to 7000 im sure the site would have been going SLOW all day for people but its been fine for me all day...it was just a few people and one fat lazy person who doesnt do anything but sit at the pc all day and vote on the polls

Originally posted by freeza

nah, im pretty sure someone voted a lot of times

for it to jump from only 600 to 7000 im sure the site would have been going SLOW all day for people but its been fine for me all day...it was just a few people and one fat lazy person who doesnt do anything but sit at the pc all day and vote on the polls

ROFL...good 1 Freeza.:ditsy:

well when you get ****ed off enough that the best browser in the world whos name sounds like a freakin dinosaur is losing to IE...and you get all worked up and go tell your friends about it half of which dont care and the other half jump to the rescue...the polls are bound to tip into their favor just because they dont like IE and will do everything in their power to overtake it.

you and i both know dreamcast isnt the best console in the world....no one agrees on that...not one person will agree specially since:

1. no new games or support is coming out for it therefor that just disqualifies it right there.

2. it malfunctions more than windows ME

3. .....its by SEGA....they died when they made 32X.

and the majority of the people KNOW that mozilla isnt better than ie.....you can sit here all day and talk about how it is the pioneer of browsers but seriousy...they arent....if they didnt do it ..some one else would have. get a clue. mozilla didnt do anything to jump start the browser war and it isnt superior to IE in any way shape or form....its just people who rebel against microsoft and anything they do. haters if you will that just want to see them go down.

we all know linux will never be better than windows but you still have dedicated fanboys claiming it is the best os ever.....i mean seriously give me a break here..

im surprised the which linux distro poll didnt get this kind of treatment since a lot of people chose "dont use it" as opposed to one of those crappy distrobutions.

just face it....microsoft is owning up this os department and they will for years to come and no matter how much you wanna be in denial about it when you wake up in the morning windows will still be dominating and so will IE

i used netscape 2 and 3 when i was in 9th grade.. im sorry but it wasn't fast at all, not compared to the first time i used ie 3 and 4.. netscape is a pile of trash, id sit there during my study period and it would take atleast 5-6 min for one page to loadm, that's just text, not even including the graphics.. the pcs were on a lan, so they really weren't slow at all, but i mean damn.. that's like the equivalent speed of a 14.4k modem atleast....

Nobody said Dreamcast was the best, it just proves that there are more people who like it on other sites that on Neowin. Obviosly more people like IE here since it is NeoWin, and Windows (Its like putting a poll on freshmeat.net asking whats your fav Win ver, obviosly it would be most I dont use it). Mozilla is better in terms of features, options and standards, however IE is better at interpreting sloppy code and easyness to use. Linux is better in terms of stability, security, but Windows is more user friendly and was made for consumers, but lacks security (last summer my win2k server became a warez dump :s). Overall, most people who like Linux and Mozilla like it because it is free and open source. There are Microsoft fanboys also who try to do the same thing on other sites, and you see them go down too. I dont see why you view Linux distro as crappy? have you tried them? I personally use Slackware and Debian and they are not crap, they are solid and stable as servers, however they would not be good for a Linux newbie. Again there are Microsoft fanboys and Linux/open source fanboys. I use both Win2k and Linux on all my computers, although I dont like the idea of buying Win2k for ever computer, I would have never though about Linux if it wasent free, or if Windows was free.

well, i have tried WinLinux(terrible obviously) and mandrake and after that i vowed to myself to never try any other distro ever again

im damn satisfied with my windows 2000 box ....it hasnt ever given me a problem i couldnt handle and if you honestly like sitting there being all elite with command prompts and trying to mimic the windows look then hey be my guest but all i know is my computer with win2k and IE does exactly what i need it to everyday i use it.

with ease and simplicity

to each his own i suppose

the poll may very well could have been legit but i doubt it seriously.

when you have to go to other message boards and get your friends to come over here and back you up....that is really pathetic..and whoever did that seriously needs a life...its a poll for people of this site or people who find this site while surfing...i mean come on now its not for you to go tell all your friends to purposely vote for another browser just so one could lose...thats being a sore loser and it is very ridiculous not to mention petty and moronic

Originally posted by freeza

well, i have tried WinLinux(terrible obviously) and mandrake and after that i vowed to myself to never try any other distro ever again

im damn satisfied with my windows 2000 box ....it hasnt ever given me a problem i couldnt handle and if you honestly like sitting there being all elite with command prompts and trying to mimic the windows look then hey be my guest but all i know is my computer with win2k and IE does exactly what i need it to everyday i use it.

with ease and simplicity

to each his own i suppose

i like your way of thinking, no one should have anything to say to counteract your statements. right on, bro ;)

Originally posted by lazydesert

i like your way of thinking, no one should have anything to say to counteract your statements. right on, bro ;)

heh thanks :p

Good points Freeza and Zivan, but the bottom line is each to his own. IMHO...Microsoft has become the standard in today's world. It's everywhere you look. But some folks may not want to use Microsoft products and that's why there are alternatives. Remember....it's always good to have a second choice.;)

Originally posted by Dclanz

Good points Freeza and Zivan, but the bottom line is each to his own. IMHO...Microsoft has become the standard in today's world. It's everywhere you look. But some folks may not want to use Microsoft products and that's why there are alternatives. Remember....it's always good to have a second choice.;)

yup agreed...w/o competition they would be free to charge and do whatever the hell they want to their products :)

Synz,

Thats illegal thanks to Microsoft

freeza,

That is your personal experiance with Linux, I myself also said that when I first used Mandrake 7.2, but then I thought why would you want your OS to look and work like somthing MS made or act like Windows? If you want Windows use it, if you want Linux use it, its whatever you want, and want it to look like, not why does it not look like Windows. If you did not have money to but need Windows/Photoshop/Office/Visual Studio, you would see that there is something that does the same thing to a varying degree for free, and open source like Linux/GIMP/KOffice and Openoffice/KDEvelop. Obviously you get your moneys worth with Linux (even if the software is good or bad), however it would cost you $2000+ to do the same with Windows, for that you can buy a damn good computer IMO. However, most people like Windows because its the first OS they have used, and that is it more simple and faster to use. This is turning out to be a Intel vs AMD discussion kinda, its best to use whatever is best for you, but it can also be good to have the best of both worlds :)

Originally posted by zivan56

Synz,

Thats illegal thanks to Microsoft

um whos to say its illegal if you are using it for your own personal use, on your own pcs at home? i didnt say that statement as saying you could install it on any pc you damn well please

wheres all this w2k/linux talk coming from?

topic: what!? MOzilla more than IE?

i think the poll got rigged somehow.. i fail to believe that more people use mozilla than IE

Today June 21, 2002 IE IS BETTER THAN ANY BROWSER. Think man, when IE was crap everyone used Netscape cause i ?t was better. When IE became better the millons of netscape's users changed to IE; and, BTW, the millons and millons that used IE because of microsoft installed the browser in every Windows:DD. But a lot of (MILLONS) pple knew netscape and still kept IE... and u know why? BECAUSE IE IS BETTER NOW!!:pp

> i think the poll got rigged somehow.. i fail to believe that more

> people use mozilla than IE

It was rigged. I guess my earlier post was overlooked or something (can easily happen in long threads).

Recap:

Cheating is what it is. There are, and have been, several posts at a mozilla based forum (including mozilla.org newsgroups) telling people to about the poll at neowin and to go vote.

Examples being:

Mozillazine Forum Posts

Mozilla Newsgroup Posts

I guess this makes them feel better... :/

Pay no attention to the poll results.

TitanIII

Yup it appears so. We all know IE r0x0rs and that the lizard still has some ways to go before people start switching like the poll indicates.:ditsy: