Jackie Chan vs. Jet Li

99 members have voted

1. 1. Jackie Chan vs. Jet Li

• Jackie Chan
    • Jet Li

My vote goes for Jet Li. Although Jackie Chan is really funny, and a pretty good actor as well, Jet Li just has this thing about him that just says style.

Originally posted by saiyanhalo

Jackie is good, no doubt, but too much of a showman. He went to an arts school as a child to learn artistic dance and acting combined with arial acrobatics and martial arts. His skills are honed, but mainly for choreography. I know he's a master, but I don't think he's got that taste for blood or that instinct to fight like Jet Li. Jet is like Bruce Lee reincarnated with extra stamina, speed, and arial awareness. I think it should be Jet Li and Yoda!!!

:p

That says it all right there.

Originally posted by altezza

Perhaps it's you better to see Jet Li's movies (before his US debut) such as "Once Upon A Time In China" series...and you'll see why Jet Li much better than Jackie Chan.

Yep, I agree with that. Once upon a Time in China (Part I) was good enough the first time I rented it that I decided to buy it. Its got some amazing stuff in it. Part II and III don't have as good a story but the martial arts moves in them are all the more incredible. Watch any of his older movies and you'll agree with alteeza and I.

Originally posted by saiyanhalo

Jet is like Bruce Lee reincarnated with extra stamina, speed, and arial awareness.

i bet you don't know much about bruce lee.

I've only watched 3 Jet Li movies - Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2, and Jet Li's Twin Warriors, and I can say Jet Li wins hands down compared to all the other bruce lee and jackie chan movies I've seen! Jet Li's fighting shows will just amaze you, (he may have used special effects, but who cares!) Bruce Lee's fighting ain't impressive to watch.. just too basic compared to Jet Li.

...and Jackie Chan, err... better than Bruce Lee I guess.

Ok guys... it's time to shed the light on this matter...

Jet Li does not know real Matial Art... He's only a performer... but he does his acting and acrobat real well...

Jackie Chan is the guy who has real Martial Art skill... He is older than Jet Li but hay... But Jet Li's Martial Art enactment is superb and looks awesome in a Chinese Director film... the American Director film did not show Jet Li as a real fighter... I can see flaws in his martial art... Check out the movie that is directed by Chinese Director and you'll love Jet Li's film even more... the moves are hard to recreate but they are possible... very slick martial art movement.. :)

You don't want to waste time watching Jet Li's film that is done in America... Jet Li look so fake with his fighting... If anyone doubt if I have the credential to say who's fake and who's not, come to me and we have a one-on-one spa :)

hehehehe