7.4 Earthquake Just Hit CA

80 miles off the coast. And its already been downgraded to a 7.0 There is a tsunami warning in effect. But that just means there is a possability that a tsunami could hit.

e0293c2bwa00000

d n News-NWS_MTR-A_TSUNAMI_W 06/14 189

A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM...

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN FRANCISCO CA

830 PM PDT TUE JUN 14 2005

CAZ005-006-009-074-075-150600-

SONOMA AND MARIN COUNTIES-SAN FRANCISCO-

COASTAL MONTEREY COUNTY-

SANTA CRUZ COUNTY-SAN MATEO COUNTY-

830 PM PDT TUE JUN 14 2005

...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM THE

CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER ISLAND

BRITISH COLUMBIA INCLUSIVE...

EARTHQUAKE DATA...

PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE 7.4

LOCATION... 41.3 NORTH 125.7 WEST... OR 90 MILES NW OF EUREKA, CA

AND 300 MILES NW OF SAN FRANCISCO CA AT 751 PM PDT.

IT IS NOT KNOWN...REPEAT NOT KNOWN...IF A TSUNAMI EXISTS...BUT A

TSUNAMI MAY HAVE BEEN GENERATED. THEREFORE PERSONS IN LOW LYING

COASTAL AREAS SHOULD BE ALERT TO INSTRUCTIONS FROM THEIR LOCAL

EMERGENCY OFFICIALS. PERSONS ON THE BEACH SHOULD MOVE TO HIGHER

GROUND IF IN A WARNED AREA. TSUNAMIS MAY BE A SERIES OF WAVES WHICH

COULD BE DANGEROUS FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL.

THIS TSUNAMI WARNING INCLUDES THE ENTIRE CALIFORNIA COAST. ESTIMATED

TIME OF ARRIVAL IN THE SAN FRANCISCO AREA IS APPROXIMATELY 923 PM

PDT.

...COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE.

... A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE...

ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL CRESCENT CITY-CA 2029 PDT JUN 14 ASTORIA-OR 2154 PDT JUN 14 CHARLESTON-OR 2044 PDT JUN 14 TOFINO-BC 2157 PDT JUN 14 SAN FRANCISCO-CA 2123 PDT JUN 14 SAN PEDRO-CA 2200 PDT JUN 14 SEASIDE-OR 2126 PDT JUN 14 LA JOLLA-CA 2214 PDT JUN 14 NEAH BAY-WA 2148 PDT JUN 14...

TSUNAMI Does exist and the wave already has predicted hit times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thank god I live in Jersey.

...COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE.

... A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE...

ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL CRESCENT CITY-CA 2029 PDT JUN 14 ASTORIA-OR 2154 PDT JUN 14 CHARLESTON-OR 2044 PDT JUN 14 TOFINO-BC 2157 PDT JUN 14 SAN FRANCISCO-CA 2123 PDT JUN 14 SAN PEDRO-CA 2200 PDT JUN 14 SEASIDE-OR 2126 PDT JUN 14 LA JOLLA-CA 2214 PDT JUN 14 NEAH BAY-WA 2148 PDT JUN 14...

586066772[/snapback]

Amen to that one, do you live in the 201 section of Jersey by any chance?

586066772[/snapback]

read what I posted. There has been no sighting of the tsunami, and the times are what times it would hit if it existed.

Any day now...it's gonna become an island...

586066762[/snapback]

its already expensive to live here, if it becomes an island it will get worst, but hey Death Vally will have a beach.

its already expensive to live here, if it becomes an island it will get worst, but hey Death Vally will have a beach.

586066785[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll buy some land in Death Valley and wait for the land to disappear and the ocean to form. That'd be sweet. ;)

586066772[/snapback]

You do realize of course, being on the East Coast doesn't make you any safer from a Tsunami right? :|

i live in oregon and i didnt feel a thing or hear about it until this post.....i'll go check the local news and see if they say anything (they probably wont, my local news isnt very smart :rolleyes: )

You do realize of course, being on the East Coast doesn't make you any safer from a Tsunami right? :|

586066812[/snapback]

When does a major earthquake ever happen around the east coast though :p

586066812[/snapback]

Yes But our only tunami threat in the predictable time is a whole wall of an inactive volcano that will fall off in 2012 and make one of the worst tunamis in the history of the WORLD

Not playin. This **** is real. But then we wont have one for a long long long long time.

When does a major earthquake ever happen around the east coast though :p

586066821[/snapback]

There aren't any major fault lines along the East Coast. There is however the Mid-Atlantic Ridge, which is a major tectonic feature. There's also several volcanic islands off the coast of Africa which could cause a "Super Tsunami" which would wipe out much of the East Coast of the US, along with most the coastal areas along many countries in the Atlanci basin areas.

Could also be a meteor/comet strike in the Atlantic, doesn't have to be a big one.

:|