AutoPatcher Translation Packs

hi. for msie7, was easy do an silent instalation. just a /quiet /no-update do the trick fine. with wmp11 sounds more complicated. /q works, but at first runs, it asks for validation. someone knows some way to wmp11 validate himself, without ask for it? (not bypass wga, just do it without ask)

by the way: new update for winxp: Windows Rights Management Services (KB917275)

thanks in advance

Some problems:

-.NET 3 does not include patches for .NET 2

-885835 is replaced by 914389/924270

-818043 replaced by 839228

-917422 replaced by 924867

That's all for now. Good job otherwise guys.

the_guy

Some problems:

-.NET 3 does not include patches for .NET 2

-885835 is replaced by 914389/924270

-818043 replaced by 839228

-917422 replaced by 924867

That's all for now. Good job otherwise guys.

the_guy

Could a mod please edit the post correcting the top line in the list to include the following instead of what's there now:

-891122 is included in WMP11.

the_guy

• 3 weeks later...

Good job blaze.

For January, could you remove kb911567 for Windows 2000 as it is replaced by kb923694 (even though the security bulletin is wrong, it only mentions some of the files included).

the_guy

simple question:

kb892211 - it's for msoffice and just download if you have that crap. it's really needed also an update for windows xp? i choose broffice (open office) since long time ago, but i'm able to download that from another place that have a genuine msoffice, but are yours sure is really needed for windows xp? that wasn't to be on a autopatcher for msoffice or something?

KB925168 - it's for a Windows Vista-based computer. should that be on a windows xp autopatcher?

@supermouse

1) kb892211 - i find the fact you need to pass a microsoft office validation check for this download weird, the download updates something that i believe is part of windows not office. go to display properties > desktop > customise desktop > web, isnt this the feature it updates...?

2) kb925168 isnt for vista, its to allow programs your create with the .Net 1.1 framework to communicate with vista

really, but funny. an update for windows that require pay for something that you don't need... but no problem. there's at least 150 licences for msoffice at my job and any machine is able to download anything for a genuine office. that will be done tomorow

kb925168: ms should be choosing some automated translation... at link:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=925168

you see, if pt-br is your language:

Mensagem de erro ao executar um aplicativo com base no .NET Framework em um computador com o Windows Vista: "N?o ? poss?vel criar Hook"

sap:

bla bla bla in a computer WITH Windows Vista

it sounds like an update needed for ms vista only, but no problem. already added.

was forgetting: maybe be my mistake on my pre-dec tests, but RMS (kb917275) just was installing fine if extracted and running like:

"Module:\msdrmclient.msi" /quiet /norestart

"Module:\rmclientbackcompat.msi" /quiet /norestart

but maybe be my mistake on tests. for now, i need a reboot to test dec version (missing kb892211 for now, of course) on a clean machine...

[]s

test done. everything running fine. .net 2 removed too and not detected also a missing update at windows update. for foreign languages, .net 2 langpack is needed, so, it stays. not sure about the instalation order, but the original one must be fine

some updates for this month don't have a translated version so far, but english version seems install fine (like anti-phishing filter). that modules will keep ENU names in order to remind that it must be replaced soon as possible by translated versions. windows defender remains out (still just english/german/japanese only). tomorow, i will add kb892211, perform a last test and it's done.

i've found that i'm unable to download kb892211 ( ptb version ). i don't have any version of msoffice at home and at my job, some "smart guy" put a rule to deny exe downloads on our proxy server. so, if someone else have a genuine copy of msoffice and can download this kb and send me, i will be thankfull.

thanks in advance

AutoPatcher 2000 Changelog (Nov to Dec 2006)

3) dotnet 3

- priority changed

the .Net 3.0 framework comprises of a copy of .Net 2.0 bundled with a load of extras.

the priority needed to be changed so that .Net 2.0 is installed before the .Net 2.0 updates included in autopatcher

dotnet 3 isn't include in AutoPatcher 2K ......

AP_TransSetupFiles.rtf updated to v1.1.7

added note about .Net language pack module that should be included in future translation packs

European Union Expansion Font Update

this module is international, not english only

please rename file & folder

euFontUpdate_enu.amc ---> euFontUpdate.amc

euFontUpdate_enu.amc_files ---> euFontUpdate_.amc

I think i have a really stupid question...

Not only am i a newbee, i am also non-technical... :((

If i download the full autopatcher from November (for instance) in English and I do install it on my PC wich has a Spanish version of XP Pro with SP2, does everything work correctly?

Please help me out...

Best regards and best wishes for all...

elholandes

I think i have a really stupid question...

Not only am i a newbee, i am also non-technical... :((

If i download the full autopatcher from November (for instance) in English and I do install it on my PC wich has a Spanish version of XP Pro with SP2, does everything work correctly?

Please help me out...

Best regards and best wishes for all...

elholandes

Unfortunately, no, it will not work. There is no AutoPatcher for Spanish XP available at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Jean-Mich, sometimes you need extract the patch in order to work. to do that, you ned run the kb with /X:C:\temp or something like that to extract the needed file. for some kb, the /X:C:\temp may change a little bit, like this one, that need runs like this:

NDP1.1sp1-KB925168-X86.exe /Xp:c:\downloads

then, at downloads folder, you have that M925168.msp file ;)

good luck