Why?

rofl. It shouldn't matter if neowin is sponsored by hosttyme or not. Bottomline is they have an unhappy customer, so it's their problem and they are at fault. It should have nothing to do with neowin or anyone else and if the company isn't "satisfying" it's customers, then it deserves negative feedback from people. God damn, enough of you people cry and moan about microsoft but CONTINUE TO USE A MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEM, at least this guy will switch hosts instead of just whining about it.

Originally posted by Vlad

rofl. It shouldn't matter if neowin is sponsored by hosttyme or not. Bottomline is they have an unhappy customer, so it's their problem and they are at fault. It should have nothing to do with neowin or anyone else and if the company isn't "satisfying" it's customers, then it deserves negative feedback from people. God damn, enough of you people cry and moan about microsoft but CONTINUE TO USE A MICROSOFT OPERATING SYSTEM, at least this guy will switch hosts instead of just whining about it.

I think the argument being made here is there were better ways of voicing greivances than posting them in an intentional attempt to draw flames. If you are unhappy with a service you are reciving, contact the service provider's Customer Service department or cancel your service...it's that easy.

Originally posted by sttroopers

I don't know, it seems biased to me.

For example: If Dan Rather finally snapped and went on a killing spree, do you think CBS would let us hear about it?

Dan Rather is on a killing spree; Do we ever here about it?

Originally posted by sttroopers

If THIS POST had been about any other web host would it have been locked? I for one found that topic intresting. It's not like he was flamming them, just voicing his frustration and opinions.

Its not your decision to make... why do you have to question it in public... PM the right person if you have a question. You don't own the site, so you don't have a say in how they operate it.

Originally posted by shockz

Its not your decision to make... why do you have to question it in public... PM the right person if you have a question. You don't own the site, so you don't have a say in how they operate it.

In short I think that is correct even though to say if you don't own a site you have no say in how it's operated isn't true...for a site such as this wouldn't be anything without it's community.

BUT, I do agree, if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin's actions, discuss it in private with them or their superior, don't try to cause flame fest to gain recognititon.

:shrug:

I think this is to the point that the offending thread should just be deleted and not left there to spark further debate.

Originally posted by Kahlan Amnell

In short I think that is correct even though to say if you don't own a site you have no say in how it's operated isn't true...for a site such as this wouldn't be anything without it's community.

BUT, I do agree, if you have a problem with a Mod/Admin's actions, discuss it in private with them or their superior, don't try to cause flame fest to gain recognititon.

:shrug:

I think this is to the point that the offending thread should just be deleted and not left there to spark further debate.

Yeah thats what I mean. ;)

Maybe a better way of saying that is... "If you wanna have a say, then PM a admin/mod and talk about it. Its true that if we didn't have a say in somethings, then it wouldn't be a community... but they have a right to do whatever they want.

Exactly. In the end, after you've talked to them (IN PRIVATE) and they decide to hold to their decision...people need to learn to respect it and move on. :)

I think a lot of people end up forgetting the moving on part. ;)

Exactly. In the end, after you've talked to them (IN PRIVATE) and they decide to hold to their decision...people need to learn to respect it and move on. :)

I think a lot of people end up forgetting the moving on part. ;)

Yep, you're right. Although I still don't agree with the decision to lock the thread, I should've kept my opinions private and used the PM feature.

fustrations got ya down? SOUNDS LIKE A CASE OF CONSTAPATION! You need the new and improved X-Lax from your neighborhood Wal-Mart...simply take 59 pills and ur constapation and bloating will be gone forever!

:)

As has been said, HostTyme hosts Neowin for free. Why would we leave that thread open when it could upset our good sponsors?

I don't see why that thread was becoming interesting either, it was just a rant.

I think the argument being made here is there were better ways of voicing greivances than posting them in an intentional attempt to draw flames. If you are unhappy with a service you are reciving, contact the service provider's Customer Service department or cancel your service...it's that easy.

Nah, I wouldn't say he was trying to draw flames; more like pity or compassion. As for canceling service, I couldn't agree more - any company that gave me that kind of treatement wouldn't get another penny from me. Of course, when you can't get in contact with the representative who's supposed to be helping you...well, that's downright unfriendly.

Originally posted by aco

As has been said, HostTyme hosts Neowin for free. Why would we leave that thread open when it could upset our good sponsors?

I don't see why that thread was becoming interesting either, it was just a rant.

Hey, if your provider can't face up to the scrutiny of other people, maybe you need a new provider (preferably one that's got a pair). Kind of lame to shut someone down for speaking their opinion (even if it was in bad taste). Would you still have closed the thread if it was written as a critique by a college english professor?

Originally posted by Vlad

Hey, if your provider can't face up to the scrutiny of other people, maybe you need a new provider (preferably one that's got a pair). Kind of lame to shut someone down for speaking their opinion (even if it was in bad taste). Would you still have closed the thread if it was written as a critique by a college english professor?

You can't really compare it to any other situation. Either way, posting here won't help his cause (which is what I imagine is his first priority). The only thing he can do is keep trying to contact them.

I've decided to lock this thread due to the fact that the moderator has made their decision and the reason for it has been clearly explain by Redmak.

If you have any furthur question regarding this matter please use the PM feature.