1. 1. Which Country?

• United States
    • UK
    • Germany
    • Italy
    • France
    • Japan
    • Other

USA (Nothing tops the Corvette.. Le Mans :laugh: ) then Germany right behind it... People say Japanese cars have reliability maybe back in the early 90's they did but no longer. Everyone is just as reliable as Japanese makers if not more. I want to drive a car not a soulless appliance that you have to rev until the motor explodes for power or some hopped up version of my sisters car. Give me some Detroit muscle any day of the week!

Thing is germany used to make fantastic cars but in the last 3 years they have definaly taken a turn for the worst with design and built quality. UK in the other hand has been making some great cars that realy have got me wanting them, german ones have just been loosing my interest. Also theres been some nice stuff out of Italy but nothing that got me wanting to own them

BMW just been awfull once bangle got into it. There cars are getting worse and worse. Built quality is awfull and many have problems.

Merc, designs are unimspired same samey, common as muck and too expensive and build quality are awfull.

Porche, well they have been ok, but they are just about the only one. They need to make some changes in the design department to make the new modles a bit better and fresh to look at.

Audi/VW/ect .. they have been quite good, liking alot of there modles and they have been quite nice, though built quality. Also they have started to become more and more popular so some modles are a bit common as muck.

Though the UK has been making some nice cars since the late 90s though mabie the reason for this is the lack of mass manufacture and more sports cars with flare and Character.

Surprised noone has said Australia... so +1 for Aussie... fast, fun, well built and comparitively cheap

the best tuning houses are in germany, france makes the best innovative cars but are often poorly engineered and japan makes the best reliable cars

Australia for style too... Ford GT-P anyone

USA (Nothing tops the Corvette..  Le Mans  :laugh: ) then Germany right behind it... People say Japanese cars have reliability maybe back in the early 90's they did but no longer. Everyone is just as reliable as Japanese makers if not more. I want to drive a car not a soulless appliance that you have to rev until the motor explodes for power or some hopped up version of my sisters car. Give me some Detroit muscle any day of the week!

586095702[/snapback]

lol

ok... hrmm.. so you trying to say here that a civic is exactly the same has a pontiac sunfire?? are you kidding?

Very expensive american car may be equal to some of their japanese counterparts but if your talking about the majority's everyday car... american cars still sucks donkey nuts.

In this day and age Germany should not get a mention. There quality has gone way down hill. There are trying to recover right now but they are still one of the worst.

In this day and age Germany should not get a mention. There quality has gone way down hill. There are trying to recover right now but they are still one of the worst.

586096471[/snapback]

audi, porsche? no quality drops there

Most probably it's germany... but I'm gonna go ahead and vote for the UK... whooo!

Aston Martin... Jaguar... TVR (Oh wait is that Russian now?)... ANYWAY - they're more stylish than anything pumped out of Germany, yeah that's right, BETTER than Mercedes... Why? Because I say so ;)

586094175[/snapback]

Aston martin and jaguar are both owned by Ford now :whistle:

If you are referring to reliability and longevity when you say best then it has to be Japanese cars. A Toyota or Honda will go 200,000 miles if you change the oil religiously. But performance wise and perk wise I would say German. Definitely not American cars, they are 10-15 years behind the rest of the world and they use inferior parts in order to recoup their massive labor costs

If you are referring to reliability and longevity when you say best then it has to be Japanese cars. A Toyota or Honda will go 200,000 miles if you change the oil religiously. But performance wise and perk wise I would say German. Definitely not American cars, they are 10-15 years behind the rest of the world and they use inferior parts in order to recoup their massive labor costs

586098225[/snapback]

Japanese cars are no more reliable than anyone else and they cost a lot to repair. I know many people with Japanese cars and they ALWAYS have problems with thier cars, My mom's 98 Camry is a POS (Coolant system failed at 65,000 miles among many other things), My aunt had her transmission fail in her accord it caused her to have an accident and it was only a year old (her Pilot tranny is already slipping!). My cousin had the motor in his 98 civic rebuilt already. I can go on and on.. I know many people that drive American cars and they have faired so much better over the years. My car is 18 years old but runs better than my moms car, my friend has a Saturn with 260,000 miles, STILL runs great has had minimal problems. My brothers Buick has 207,000 miles... My Lumina was pushing 215,000 when it was totaled. The GM vehicle with the worst reliability is the Pontiac Vibe. It's made by Toyota in California with a Celica motor! Don't forget the Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in the world with the Silverado right behind it... Must be because they are 15 years behind everyone else :rolleyes: People have mentioned a few brands on here and a lot are owned by American Companies (Jaguar, Aston Marton, Volvo, Saab) GM owns part of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru), Ford owns a nice chunk of Mazda, Chrysler is owned by Mercedes and Nissan is run by the french...

Germany is also cranking out some beautiful, and very luxurious cars as well. My vote is for Germany.

beautiful??

i think they're headed in the wrong direction.. look at the new BMW's and the new Mercedes ML, looks like a suzuki and a toyota rav4

what are you considering as best?

Reliabilty always goes to japan

features i would say go to germany

looks depends on whatever you like, i love the italian cars though

Japanese cars are no more reliable than anyone else and they cost a lot to repair. I know many people with Japanese cars and they ALWAYS have problems with thier cars, My mom's 98 Camry is a POS (Coolant system failed at 65,000 miles among many other things), My aunt had her transmission fail in her accord it caused her to have an accident and it was only a year old (her Pilot tranny is already slipping!). My cousin had the motor in his 98 civic rebuilt already.? I can go on and on.. I know many people that drive American cars and they have faired so much better over the years. My car is 18 years old but runs better than my moms car, my friend has a Saturn with 260,000 miles, STILL runs great has had minimal problems. My brothers Buick has 207,000 miles... My Lumina was pushing 215,000 when it was totaled. The GM vehicle with the worst reliability is the Pontiac Vibe. It's made by Toyota in California with a Celica motor! Don't forget the Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in the world with the Silverado right behind it... Must be because they are 15 years behind everyone else?:rolleyes:s: People have mentioned a few brands on here and a lot are owned by American Companies (Jaguar, Aston Marton, Volvo, Saab) GM owns part of Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru), Ford owns a nice chunk of Mazda, Chrysler is owned by Mercedes and Nissan is run by the french...

586098549[/snapback]

Look at any consumer report or any other report on car reliability. The Japanese are always first.

American cars do not last long simply because they are not designed to last long. This does not mean that American builders are bad, but it simply means that they want Americans to purchase cars more often (4-5 years).

Japanese cars are very popular in Canada because of their Fuel Efficiency. With Petrol prices at 91.30 cents per litre, Honda Civics ability to run for 2 weeks without a fill is a well valued ability. Japanese cars are not only appreciated in Canada because of Fuel Efficiency, but because of Price. During wintertime in Canada, we have trucks which drive around spraying salt on the grounds to keep them from icing. This Salt corrodes your automobile. Buying an expensive car is not worth the money simply because of the damage Canadian winters cause. Majority of people have one car for winter and a few nicer cars for summer time.

Many people who live in my area (up-town suburbs) drive Japanese cars and German Cars. Honda Accord Coupe, RSX, TSX, 350z and Mazda 6s are common as are RX8s, s2000, and all Lexus Cars. Audi's, Volkswagons, BMW's and Benzos can be soon too. It's not uncommon to see houses with more than one high end car.

It seems asian people love BMW. While cruising around I saw a house with 2 M3s, a 330i, and an X5. BMW 3 is very popular, as is the X5. At any given time on my way to school, you can spot at least 2 BMWs.

One man 4 houses from me has a White Escalade, a Black Hummer, Both on 24s, a blue/grey Porsche Cayenne, a yellow NSX and a black SL500. The houses on our block only fit 4 cars, so I have no clue why he has 5. He one of the only people I know who can afford lots, and still doesn't mind the clumsy styling of your average American Car.

There are some American cars that I don't mind. These cars include the Chrysler 300, the Pacifica, and Dodge Viper. I would never buy one of these cars, but its not like I hate them or anything.

Everyday, I see at least 2 Porsches. Barely ever a Ferarri though. There is a 360 Modena and a Testarossa down the street and to the left though. If I can remember correctly, I have only seen 5 Lambos on the street / highway. Exotics like these are very rare, and are only owned by the very rich, or rented by those looking for fun.

There are many American brands that I despise. These cars are:

Pontiac

Chrysler Sebring

Ford (except the GT)

Dodge (except the Viper)

Chevy (except the Corvette)

Oldsmobile

Saturn

SAAB

Hummer

GMC

Buick

There are a other brands I don't like either:

Mitsubishi

Toyota (I like Lexus though)

Basically, if a Canadian owns an american car listed above, they are a poor Canadian.

beautiful??

i think they're headed in the wrong direction.. look at the new BMW's and the new Mercedes ML, looks like a suzuki and a toyota rav4

586098855[/snapback]

I like BMW :D And i gotta admit Mercedes did take a turn for the worst with the new ML...but i love their SL and CL, as well as the new McLaren SLR