What I'm listening to...

probably Redmak, this is what he had to say about it :

I use the 'dosomthing' plugin for winamp. This plugin can send all sorts of info (about what's playing) to php file. This php file edits my sig accordingly. Unfortunately this way you need to have access to the vbulletin mysql database.

What script would I put under my sig in order to get this working?

Which setting would I put the 'do something' on?

*Run a URL

dos1.jpg

*Generate a HTML Playlist

dos2.jpg

*FTP a file

dos3.jpg

*Run a command

dos4.jpg

*Gather XML Statistics

dos6.jpg

if someone knows/could write a plugin which saves the current song's name and artist i could write a little php-script which includes this info in your sig :)

Originally posted by Evil2000

if someone knows/could write a plugin which saves the current song's name and artist i could write a little php-script which includes this info in your sig :)

In the Winamp file, the file called: 'winamp.m3u' is the current playlist, I think. If thats any help.

Originally posted by PigeonHead

In the Winamp file, the file called: 'winamp.m3u' is the current playlist, I think. If thats any help.

no, i need the current playing song's data ;)

I think thats it. I never save my playlist, but when I double click on this file it brings up the last songs that I have played.

Although this would mean that every song on your playlist would be stuck under your sig, so maybe theres a better way.

you know these mp3-scripts in irc which always 'say' the current song when it changes?

i had one times ago, but i must have lost it :ermm:

anyway, something like this, but only for writing it into a file, should be fairly easy to write.

but since i'm not too familiar with C++ or the winamp plugin architcture someone else got to do that :ermm:

Originally posted by Tijiez

I can easily write that, however .. did you want it in Winamp plug in form?

i don't care what format it is :)

it can also be a executable which gets the current song data and dumps it into a textfile (unfortunately the w32 api in php doesn't work (at least for me :right:))

yup, every time a new song starts it should update the file with the current data.

it would be nice if you could include a dialog for choosing where it saves the file :)

Well, you don't want an executable file then. What you need is a winamp plugin, which I have never tried to make before. I've used its api for like you said, one of those IRC song displayers. I'll download the general plugin sdk for winamp and see what I can do.

There are no promises, if anyone else wants a go at it -- have at it..

The 'dosomething' plugin does what you want.

You can save the current song into a file (and much more)

I incorporated the plugin to display winamp information on my AIM profile!

I am using the program HyperInfo from wicon software ( http://www.ssnbc.com/wiz/index.htm ). Anyways, it's like a fake webserver on any customizeable port.

I created the HTML template for the winamp plugin and set the task to save to a file in the directory that HyperInfo shares. Anyways, my screen name is "Alien Venom" if anyone wants to get info on me and check it out*.

* Only real AIM client uses can see hyperlinks in the profile. Sorry Trillian newbies. :-P

Edit: I think the plugin is great work by the way.

well, you can't have your sig on neowin change, redmak's only able to that becuase he knows our db password, and I don't think we'll be giving that out anytime soon....

Beyond that, putting it in an AIM profile is fairly easy. I have to redo the hyperlink, but my AIM profile linked to a webpage hosted on my computer than displayed stuff like that (along with stats and a guestbook and such). It's cool stuff, but don't be looking for some pre-packaged method to doing it, figure it out on your own...